Homestead r/c Raceway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Homestead r/c Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Addict

Lots more photos at SGrid Online - I posted around 100 or so images. Most are in a "Flash" gallery. If that's too many (or too few) let me know.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

Two more photos, then it's time for dinner. The following show both the gas track, and the indoor electric track, open on Wednesday nights.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

!WOW!
Old 03-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

The track like everyone said is awesome..all the guys are doing a great job, we are all fortunate to have a place to run. Dont miss out its alot of fun.

Tino anytime your very welcome.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
The track like everyone said is awesome..all the guys are doing a great job, we are all fortunate to have a place to run. Dont miss out its alot of fun.

Tino anytime your very welcome.
Robert, u better eat those words u told me the other day man. I know u're up there with the best of them. Good run. Did u get in touch with Doug yet?
Old 03-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Nice pics! Looks like you guys had a great time. Sorry I missed it. I am going to try and get back out there soon with some buddies.

Are you guys running a sportsman class in touring?
Old 03-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Any chance for race results?
Old 03-05-2008, 07:11 AM
Tech Addict

Bob, I had the result sheets that Doug gave me - I used them to write up my article. I never asked Doug for the file though, so I can't upload it.

Actually, I was mostly concentrating on the track and the surroundings, as well as the people and cars at the event. I didn't start out to write it up as a race report - sorry.

If I see Doug sometime soon, maybe I can show him how to export the results onto a floppy or memory card. Better yet, maybe I can show him how to upload them to the track website.

I could have typed the results in up until yesterday, when I tossed them out. If they're not yet in the dumpster, maybe I can retrieve them and copy them into a file. No promises though... I think they're gone.

---------------------------------------------

I may be going back out to the track tonight with Art. If so, there should be some more photos posted on SGrid Online, www.sgrid.com.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

2 International Grand Prix registrations from Canada will be mailed out from the great white north this afternoon. We're looking forward to some Florida sunshine and great racing!
Old 03-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GSwayze
2 International Grand Prix registrations from Canada will be mailed out from the great white north this afternoon. We're looking forward to some Florida sunshine and great racing!
You will not be disappointed. The rc car racing and the full scale racing will be fantastic. Oh by the way it was a chhilly 71 degrees for our low today and we warmed up to 82 this afternoon.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Doug, will you be running a sportsman touring class during the local club races and that big race that is coming up?
Old 03-06-2008, 02:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by petevette
Doug, will you be running a sportsman touring class during the local club races and that big race that is coming up?
We do not offer a class called sportsman touring. I assume it involves some type of restriction on equipment and maybe driving ability. Is this correct?

We offer rookie classes for beginners at club races. To this point in time we have never had more than 1 person at any club race sign up in these classes. What we end up doing is placing them in a qualifier that is not loaded with expert and factory drivers. So far this has worked out quite well and everyone is having a lot of fun.

We will not have a sportsman class for the Int'l Grand Prix.

Have you joined us for practice or a club race day recently?
Old 03-06-2008, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

I haven't been out there in a while. I was there during old management. I am trying to get out there with a couple of buddies of mine which you may know, Jose and Joel. Sportsman class is generally an intermediate class based on driving abilities in offroad racing.

When people like DJ, Danny and Art running I feel like I am driving a scooter in a nascar race.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by petevette
I haven't been out there in a while. I was there during old management. I am trying to get out there with a couple of buddies of mine which you may know, Jose and Joel. Sportsman class is generally an intermediate class based on driving abilities in offroad racing.

When people like DJ, Danny and Art running I feel like I am driving a scooter in a nascar race.
This Saturday would be a great time to come out to the track and run a whole lot of laps and enjoy the new look Homestead RC Raceway. Many of the real fast guys will be at the Series race upstate this weekend. I sure hope you can make it to the Raceway this Saturday!
Old 03-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Not sure I can make Saturday. Is Sunday an option?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.