Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Chassis for your Nitro TC3!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What tires are you all using? I am pushing like no other. Today was Mugen fast tires 40 shore front and 37 in the rear. I have also run Nitro Shoes 40 fronts and 40 rears. One way or not today I pushed. I have to slow down way too much (or just slower than others) to turn. I made the "A" today with a lot of are area top drivers but I wanted the top 5 not 6th. It was like man if I just had that much more steering to hold the line. What are you guys using on a parking lot surface?

The chassis was fine but I would like to know about the updated motor mounts and chassis in the future? Novarossi based motors.
Old 08-17-2003, 07:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

35 tires all around ,copper springs all around.car was planted
Old 08-17-2003, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

35 tires like the same compound (hardness) or a 35 "front" and a 35 "rear"?
Old 08-17-2003, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

How is everyone liking the new chassis? Yesterday I had to go back to the stock chassis because the car was so loose in turns nothing I did would make it work. Now keep in mind the track I run on is extremely slippery and we use soda for traction. Also the track is bumpy and we use rubber tires. With The Chassis my car wouldn't hook up but once I went back to stock it was on. I ended up finishing 1st and TQ'd.

Is this chassis better with foam tires? I hope to try it out next month on a smoother surface with foam tires.
Old 08-18-2003, 01:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Number 11
How is everyone liking the new chassis? Yesterday I had to go back to the stock chassis because the car was so loose in turns nothing I did would make it work. Now keep in mind the track I run on is extremely slippery and we use soda for traction. Also the track is bumpy and we use rubber tires. With The Chassis my car wouldn't hook up but once I went back to stock it was on. I ended up finishing 1st and TQ'd.

Is this chassis better with foam tires? I hope to try it out next month on a smoother surface with foam tires.
Number 11:

I am having similar problems with our concrete track. Off power on turn in the car will just spin out. Back to the setup drawing board. Anyone got any suggestions?
Old 08-18-2003, 01:44 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by hooked_on
I am having similar problems with our concrete track. Off power on turn in the car will just spin out. Back to the setup drawing board. Anyone got any suggestions?
I would try limiting the rear droop i.e. for example from +4 to +6 until your rear end does not spin out. I would also try to increase the caster angle (put more shims on the rear of the upper front arm) to counter the off power oversteer. Hope that helps.
Old 08-18-2003, 02:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Number 11

Sometimes a flexier chassis helps in low-traction conditions. Could be that "The Chassis" is too stiff for those conditions and would work best with foams/high traction.
Old 08-19-2003, 05:17 PM
Tech Lord

when i first setup my car with the chassis,it was pushing in the corners.i went over all of my adjustments,i set my rear ride hieght at 4 1/2 and front at 5.i am running copper springs all around,35 front 26mm foams,35 rear 30mm foams,my front diff is set tight about 1/16 from bottomed out.the rear i set the same as the front and started loosening it until the car stopped pushing in the corners.i loosened it about 1/16 of a turn at a time.it wound up being a little more than 1/8 of a turn out from the locked position.i have my castor at 9 deg. ,rear toe at 1 1/2 deg. front at 1deg. toe out ,front and rear camber at 1 1/2 deg.i am using 40 wt. shock oil with no.2 pistons(comes in kit).also make sure car is tweaked and that your droop is set right .i set my droop according to my tc 3 manual and it works real good.i run on a low traction track with a few minor bumps.car handles unbelievable.only ones who can hang are guys who are running the chassis too.i have not seen 1 tc3 with a stock chassis take the corners on this track as tight and fast as these ones.if you have any more questions or would like some more set up info,drop me an email

jay
Old 08-19-2003, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

protc3- Your set up sounds just like mine except for the front toe out and 1.5 degrees of toe in on the rear. I have 0 on the front and negative 2 on the rear. I think my issue is tires. I have been using Mugen Fast tires 40 front and 37 rear. Seem everyone lately is using the same rating front and back. Although nitro shoes feel different in that the fronts are much harder than the rears. 40 fronts and 40 rears. They feel like 42 and 37. To me at least. So thanks for your set up I want to try different tires and less toe in the rear. I'll tell you what happens.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by protc3
when i first setup my car with the chassis,it was pushing in the corners.i went over all of my adjustments,i set my rear ride hieght at 4 1/2 and front at 5.i am running copper springs all around,35 front 26mm foams,35 rear 30mm foams,my front diff is set tight about 1/16 from bottomed out.the rear i set the same as the front and started loosening it until the car stopped pushing in the corners.i loosened it about 1/16 of a turn at a time.it wound up being a little more than 1/8 of a turn out from the locked position.i have my castor at 9 deg. ,rear toe at 1 1/2 deg. front at 1deg. toe out ,front and rear camber at 1 1/2 deg.i am using 40 wt. shock oil with no.2 pistons(comes in kit).also make sure car is tweaked and that your droop is set right .i set my droop according to my tc 3 manual and it works real good.i run on a low traction track with a few minor bumps.car handles unbelievable.only ones who can hang are guys who are running the chassis too.i have not seen 1 tc3 with a stock chassis take the corners on this track as tight and fast as these ones.if you have any more questions or would like some more set up info,drop me an email

jay
how ya doin against the competition?.....
Old 08-19-2003, 08:12 PM
Tech Lord

unbeatable
Old 08-19-2003, 08:17 PM
Tech Lord

bob and i toy with the competition.we set new unbeatable track records every weekend.we both use the same setup being that we are teammates.we pretty much just pace eachother and put laps on the field
Old 08-22-2003, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This weekend i will debut my car with the Chassis. I will keep you all informed as to how it all goes.

Jim: Did you get my email? I need those engine mounts please!
Old 08-22-2003, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by FREAKAH
Sometimes a flexier chassis helps in low-traction conditions. Could be that "The Chassis" is too stiff for those conditions and would work best with foams/high traction.
I plan on running it on a better surface after I finish my season at the track I am running at now. Tomorrow is our last race in our point series.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

do you make stering servo mounts for the stock chassie. Also I need to order the fix for my car where can I do so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.