Which better? Motonica vs. Pursuit PT-1

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 04:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Which better? Motonica vs. Pursuit PT-1

Please help which car better why?
Old 12-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Suspended

i have not heard of the pt-1 so i have no comment on it....so MOTONICA IS AWESOME...WHY?check the motonica thread and you will see.....
Old 12-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

there's nothing to compare between a racing car and a cheap Taiwanese model.........

you can compare Motonica vs Serpent vs Mugen vs Kyosho vs Shepherd and nothing else......
Old 12-10-2007, 06:08 PM
moy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i think their both good cars.the other one is expensive than the other.all you just need is a good tech support and availability of the PARTS.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

E. Rocha,

My name is Daniel Alvarado and I raced the PT1 for the first time this past weekend. As a previous owner and user of the Motonica, I can now say that I have had experience with both chassis.

Although track time was limited due to the weather and needing to assemble the PT1, I have to say very honestly that this car works very well. I ran a baseline set up that I thought might work on the car for this track and I was very surprised by the amount of steering, rear side and forward traction the chassis had. More testing will be done in the coming weeks and I will be posting the setups at www.pursuitracing.com

Now to answer your question as to which is better, Motonica or PT1, well that is a fairly broad question which may require you to use both cars to define your opinion of one. With so many variables involved in what makes a car work or what your driving style may or may not like, what you like personally may simply be relative to your tastes. However, to put it simply, for an all around well handling chassis out of the box at a reasonable price I would consider the PT1. Admittedly,the Motonica is a beautiful piece and if finances are not an issue you might want to consider one.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by KOPROPO TECH
E. Rocha,

My name is Daniel Alvarado and I raced the PT1 for the first time this past weekend. As a previous owner and user of the Motonica, I can now say that I have had experience with both chassis.

Although track time was limited due to the weather and needing to assemble the PT1, I have to say very honestly that this car works very well. I ran a baseline set up that I thought might work on the car for this track and I was very surprised by the amount of steering, rear side and forward traction the chassis had. More testing will be done in the coming weeks and I will be posting the setups at www.pursuitracing.com

Now to answer your question as to which is better, Motonica or PT1, well that is a fairly broad question which may require you to use both cars to define your opinion of one. With so many variables involved in what makes a car work or what your driving style may or may not like, what you like personally may simply be relative to your tastes. However, to put it simply, for an all around well handling chassis out of the box at a reasonable price I would consider the PT1. Admittedly,the Motonica is a beautiful piece and if finances are not an issue you might want to consider one.
you said you have 2 cars, so which one you faster and easy drive.

Originally Posted by SalvadoriRacing
there's nothing to compare between a racing car and a cheap Taiwanese model.........

you can compare Motonica vs Serpent vs Mugen vs Kyosho vs Shepherd and nothing else......
why you think motonica mugen kyosho serpent no make in Taiwan? they all make in taiwan or china
Old 12-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

All cars are good.

Why only limit the question to Motonica vs Pursuit?
Old 12-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by E.Rocha
you said you have 2 cars, so which one you faster and easy drive.

why you think motonica mugen kyosho serpent no make in Taiwan? they all make in taiwan or china

oh yeah......

hudy as well.....their facilities in slovakia are just to packing stuff and ship......
Old 12-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

"you said you have 2 cars, so which one you faster and easy drive."

Well, since you are now asking for my personal opinion, I liked the PT1. It was easy to drive out of the box.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

"there's nothing to compare between a racing car and a cheap Taiwanese model........."

Just because a car is made in one country or other I don't think should be reason to discredit it specifically if you have never seen or driven one. I drove it and I was pleasantly surprised how well this car worked.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by garen
All cars are good.

Why only limit the question to Motonica vs Pursuit?
I agree with Garen. All the 1/8th scales today are worthy of racing. I think you should focus on your parts availability and maybe what others run at your track. This will help out in the long run for more then one reason. I think you need to broaden your range of cars available to you.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My advice on a new car is get one you can get parts for easy! And get one that is raced at you local track so you can ask advice from more experienced racers! Serpent has really good cars by the way, Tqed the worlds, secound at the worlds! Just my 2 cents!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by J-MAN
My advice on a new car is get one you can get parts for easy! And get one that is raced at you local track so you can ask advice from more experienced racers! Serpent has really good cars by the way, Tqed the worlds, secound at the worlds! Just my 2 cents!
Well saidthat's good advice.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I looked at the PT-1 and it seems very conventional by design. Nothing new to be seen in the pics. If you can swallow the initial Motonica buy-in it definitely gets my vote on the basis of innovative design alone. A lot of engineering went into this car and I take a lot of personal satisfaction in supporting a company that is willing to make that substantial investment into this small niche of the RC hobby. More cars to choose from will always make all of the cars better.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

"All cars are good."

"Why only limit the question to Motonica vs Pursuit? "

"I agree with Garen. All the 1/8th scales today are worthy of racing. I think you should focus on your parts availability and maybe what others run at your track. This will help out in the long run for more then one reason. I think you need to broaden your range of cars available to you."

When this thread was created it was asking a specific question as to which car was better, Motonica or PT1. As I stated earlier, that is a very broad question and I do not believe that is simply a matter as to what is better or worse or good or bad because there are many factors involved in defining an opinion of a car. However, being that I have now had the chance to use both cars I can make a comparison. In my personal opinion, the PT1 was easier to setup and drive out of the box than the Motonica. And does this make the PT1 a better car than the Motonica or any other car for that matter? Of course not. As has already been stated, all cars are good.

As far as parts availability is concerned, orders are being prepared at this time and parts availability will not be a problem.

Last edited by KOPROPO TECH; 12-11-2007 at 03:33 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.