Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starter box for Inferno GT

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Starter box for Inferno GT

Hello, Does anyone know a good starter box for an Inferno GT? I'm looking to spend around $50..Just got the Inferno GT and can not get it started by using the pull start for the life of me.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default IGT starter box

I am using the Ofna chrome top starter box. Quick setup because it has lots of slots cut in the top. I have four of the notched posts holding the chassis, and two additional round ones at the narrowest point in front. It holds the chassis nice and secure.

Last edited by CurveTracer; 11-30-2007 at 08:16 PM. Reason: add text.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:59 AM
Tech Rookie

I had that in mind as well, but it is almost $100..was hoping to find something for around $50..I see that duratrax makes some for around that price, but I'm not sure if it will work or not. Anyone else have problems getting their Inferno GT broken in? I must have spent 5 hours trying to get it to fire up.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The Duratrax universal starter box is a little narrow and has mounting brackets for stick as well as gel cell batteries. It is driven by two 550 motors.
it sells at Tower hobbies for $49.
The ofna chrome top starter box uses a regular 12 volt motor, also has mounting brackets for an internal gel cell battery and sells for $69.

You'll have to search for options. I would check your local hobby store first. Take the IGT with you and find a box that fits. Also search through the RC tech for sale thread.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have a duratrax high torque box for my IGT.
Works great.
The pegs are crap, but I never use them anyways since I start all my cars from this box.

I happen to have the an OFNA chrometop box I could sell you for $55 shipped to you as long as you are in the US.

Great shape, I got it in a Lot of stuff, and do not need it.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Well man... I'd suggest you get the Duratrax starterbox... It lasted 2 year with me, and I only got rid of it because I sold everything to a friend of mine in one of my crazy moments...
Old 12-02-2007, 06:57 AM
Tech Rookie

ordered the ofna from tower last night...hopefully will be here next week, and I can finally get this car started up. Does eveyone have problems getting the IGT started when they are new?
Old 12-02-2007, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

I also have the Ofna chrome top box. It will have no problem starting a tight Kyosho motor. Good choice!