R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   a little money, what upgrades? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/19081-little-money-what-upgrades.html)

alucard13 05-30-2003 08:43 PM

a little money, what upgrades?

I finally got my income tax refund back and i'm going to take about $200-$300 out for some upgrades to my ntc3. what do you guys suggest? Right now i am running the kit with a mugen mr12 engine and the standard 2 speed tranny (50 and 54 teeth spur gears and the kit pinions). The only thing i have upgraded was to the rpm bumper and titanium turnbuckles and hing pins. everything else is what came with the kit. i hit the rails sometimes so maybe some upgrades to make it stronger if possible. i havent gotten "The Fix" yet but i am still looking for it on ebay. Give me some suggestions and if possible links to where i can get the goods :).

Corse-R 05-30-2003 10:32 PM

Alucard, much probably the hop-ups you want are depending on which you want to improve.

Weight: Buy the aluminium screw set of the TC3 and change some screws on the upper side of the car.

The exhaust is one to change urgently, no matter what kind of exhaust do you have, change it for the RD Logics pipe, it wakes all the engines and finds the lost rpms.

But mine preferred 'hop-up' will be some springs, spurs (48T) and pinions (20 & 21T) to have more choices on gearing.

alucard13 05-31-2003 06:33 AM

along with the spur gear (48T) what other gear should i get to go along with it? Right now i have a 50T and 54T spur gear. what gear goes with the 48T? Also, any particular spring manufacturer or product?

Corse-R 05-31-2003 07:09 AM

Originally posted by alucard13
along with the spur gear (48T) what other gear should i get to go along with it? Right now i have a 50T and 54T spur gear. what gear goes with the 48T? Also, any particular spring manufacturer or product?
With the 48/54 spur combo is very common to use 20/26 or 21/27 pinions. With the 48, 50 & 54, much probably you don't need another spur.

Springs, the usually used were the red and coppers, stiffers probably used seldom, I never used them.

kilokhan 05-31-2003 07:27 AM

corse-r check your PM

popsracer 05-31-2003 09:01 AM

little money, what upgrades?

alucard13;

How bout some Felt Markers to "Anodize" any Aluminum on your Car. :lol: (just messin with you)

alucard13 05-31-2003 09:24 PM

Re: little money, what upgrades?

Originally posted by popsracer
alucard13;

How bout some Felt Markers to "Anodize" any Aluminum on your Car. :lol: (just messin with you)

hehehe. i got tons of sharpies :)

popsracer 05-31-2003 09:59 PM

Sharp as a Tack

alucard13;

I'm as Sharp as a Tack, eh!

I would concentrate on hop-ups that allow you go faster and/or more consistantly (Digital Steering Servo?), maybe some strengthening in the weak areas. You can spend a wad of Cash on goodies that look nice but offer nothing else of value.

alucard13 05-31-2003 10:25 PM

what is a digital servo? I have an XRS3i with a 2590 and a z270 servos. Do you have any links to good ones?

Ducati998 05-31-2003 10:52 PM

what is a digital servo? I have an XRS3i with a 2590 and a z270 servos. Do you have any links to good ones?
Get Ko Propo digital servos or the Futaba ones. Also if you want get the graphite conversion for your ntc3, it will make it lighter and stronger.:spidey:

alucard13 05-31-2003 10:56 PM

Originally posted by Ducati998
Get Ko Propo digital servos or the Futaba ones. Also if you want get the graphite conversion for your ntc3, it will make it lighter and stronger.:spidey:
stronger is good. i'm not much into the look of the car. but i do need it stronger. where can i get this conversion?

Ducati998 05-31-2003 11:43 PM

stronger is good. i'm not much into the look of the car. but i do need it stronger. where can i get this conversion?
You can find them here at http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBMM3&P=7 nopt sure how to link it. They don't have it instock now, but I think I've seen some on Ebay before. Good luck finding them!

Corse-R 06-01-2003 02:09 AM

Originally posted by Ducati998
Yep, and he will start breaking A-arms, uprights and others. Used my NTC3 and the unique part that hasn't went into mine car is the graphite conversion, too much brittle and the weight difference doesn't means nothing (at least for me). Doesn't matter how well you did until you break those upright or a-arm, you DNF.

Regarding digital servos, I agree: Futabas are the best ones for my personal likes.

alucard13 06-01-2003 08:28 AM

Originally posted by Corse-R
Used my NTC3 and the unique part that hasn't went into mine car is the graphite conversion, too much brittle and the weight difference doesn't means nothing (at least for me).

so graphite conversion isnt worth it?

nitrodude 06-01-2003 09:11 AM

Allucard13 check you PM. ;)

Thanks,

Steven Muller
MPP