Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best engine for 1/10 scale

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 10:20 PM
Tech Adept

^

Last edited by kreamUNO; 11-16-2007 at 10:39 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

a number of guys up here ran the red dot
they dont anymore
i ran one on a sat to see what it can do
its ok
but i can say that nobody runs that motor anymore
and there not newbes
it has a feel of an os.
to US its not a racing motor but better than a os

like iv always have said if you like it and you have fun with it thats great.
not bashing it but to say that its faster than a ninja or a max is just nonsense.
and to say it lasts longer is just silly.
it is a good price though.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

This is just to funny... Ask Wally Edmonds... You have all the answers...

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=157314

Check it out...

RC_Alan
Old 11-17-2007, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rc_alan

Check it out...

RC_Alan
you had to didant you
Old 11-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_alan

Check it out...

RC_Alan
That is funny, but I feel sorry for anybody who takes his advise, it will be like grabbing a hammer and hitting your head with it.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
not true
really so what you are saying that a improperly tuned JPMod .12 will be faster than ,lets say a properly tuned Mugen MT12 ??
Old 11-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

2 of the fastest drivers at our track run JL Red Dots, and they win often. The track is in what basically what can be considered Mugens backyard, so there's a lot of Ninjas. The regionals were won by Barry Baker, followed by Jefrey Lin (the JL on the engines name) in the same lap, I know I was watching.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Garaski
Go with the JL Red Dot. Relatively cheap and very fast..... probably faster than Novas...
How can you suggest an engine that you never tried or even thought of buying ? I know how many 353 engines you have Mr. GURASKI!!!, LOL
Old 11-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm new at this and was totally misinformed. Thanks to my " mentor " I've now hit 300 on my credit score. To make things worse, my best finish this season was 1st in the F main. Charitable donations anyone ?
Old 11-17-2007, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Team Kamikaze;3875243]THAT guy is the biggest Idiot, that's all it is, he just needs to be exterminated, you know who we are talking about by the way there is only one! not some guy that you just mentioned.

I am not getting which engine is better-which worse, but Sam I want to ask you question, can I? Are you qualify to call somebody "biggest Idiot"? Do you have enough knowlodge about sobject? I never seen on one of your post any real tech (sciantific) info regarding nitro stuff and always was under empression that you are rc product retailer and hobby guy, but no more then that. Correct me if I am wrong please. To make stratment like that you need to be really literate in subject and qualify (proven) in all aspect of hobby, but not only promoting of what you are selling (even if you do it all day long on RCtech). I will be really carefull to call anybody "Idiot" unless I can prove it. This is public forum and everybody is free to talk whatever they want to (except bad wording etc).

Last edited by EdwardN; 11-17-2007 at 06:11 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Edward this are the things that makes you look bad, if it is none of your business then shut up, I though you quit the RC business is it because everybody knows that you are NOT good at it, I will not brag things that happened to you and AXIAL, it will really make you look bad, if I would have to expose the truth, so just mind your own business, for me saying the word "Idiot" is not a bad thing unless it is directed to a person with his name mentioned, let's say if I call you with that word then that will be another story, so just stay calm and browse thru Forum quitely and as a reminder again please mind your own business.

p.s. if I were you I will limit my posting, only because it is hard to understand what you are pertaining to most of the time YOU can't even spell the words correctly.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Edward this are the things that makes you look bad, if it is none of your business then shut up, I though you quit the RC business is it because everybody knows that you are NOT good at it, I will not brag things that happened to you and AXIAL, it will really make you look bad, if I would have to expose the truth, so just mind your own business, for me saying the word "Idiot" is not a bad thing unless it is directed to a person with his name mentioned, let's say if I call you with that word then that will be another story, so just stay calm and browse thru Forum quitely and as a reminder again please mind your own business.

p.s. if I were you I will limit my posting, only because it is hard to understand what you are pertaining to most of the time YOU can't even spell the words correctly.
You see Sam, this is your problem-instead prove that the guy you call "Idiot" is really idiot, you jump on me. It is one more time shows that you are not qualify to make any statment (you still can say whatever you want to, but I don't think anybody will count it)-you can't prove that guy is "Idiot", so the best way you found is to jump on me. You think it was smart-"the best defence is assault ", but not allways.
You bring back old story about my english-it is not new and nobody is interesting in it.
You know, you are not clever, if you look my posts while back 3-4 years ago, you will find there, that I sad I will be in RC as long as my son is interesting in it, ones he is not-I will be out and you know Leo is overseas in University taking classes.
About me and Axial. I am pretty sure-you are open your mouth and it means you can show hard evidence that I wasn't good there. If you can't do it, then it can be qualify as blackmailing. Please don't bring any "he sad-she sad", bring some hard evidence. I have hard prove how was my performance there and I can show it, so I guess you have hard evidence to prove opposite. Do you?
Oh, one more thing-please never again tell me what I can and can't do-I know my rights and I really don't care what you are suggesting me, unless you can do it proffesionaly (which I doubt it).

Last edited by EdwardN; 11-17-2007 at 07:44 PM. Reason: SPELLING!!!! LOL
Old 11-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This guy has allready proven to be an idiot on several treads on which he trashes a well proven product, Sam, or anybody else, doesnt have to prove anything. This guys advice is totaly mindless and useless.

On the subject of the engine, IMO its really not about which one is better. Its more about some Idiot trashing a product that has proven itself over and over again. The Ninjas are good engines, so are the novas, so are the Sirios and so are the JL Red Dots.

To go on a public forum and say that a product "blows chunks" without any proof just because its your opinion really shows how much of an idiot and ignorant that person is.

You dont need any scientifc knowledge or any knowledge of how engines works in order to see that an engine is as good or better than the other, the proof of how good an engine is its in how it runs on the track and how it competes with other engines. Unlike cars, engines are not dependent on how good a driver is. I've seen Sam (and others) tune all kinds of engines, and the fact remains that the JL Red Dot can and does beat any other engine thats out there. What Im trying to say is that if you get the same person (with expirience) to tune to two different engines, both engines will perform up to their potential, and the JL Red Dot doesnt loose anything to the other engines.

And Edward, whos attaking who here? You atacked Sams knowledge first by insinuating that he doesnt know enough. I race with Sam almost every Sunday, and everyone is always asking him to tune their engines.

Last edited by nitrodude; 11-17-2007 at 08:14 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitrodude
This guy has allready proven to be an idiot on several treads on which he trashes a well proven product, Sam, or anybody else, doesnt have to prove anything. This guys advice is totaly mindless and useless.

On the subject of the engine, IMO its really not about which one is better. Its more about some Idiot trashing a product that has proven itself over and over again. The Ninjas are good engines, so are the novas, so are the Sirios and so are the JL Red Dots.

To go on a public forum and say that a product "blows chunks" without any proof just because its your opinion really shows how much of an idiot and ignorant that person is.

You dont need any scientifc knowledge or any knowledge of how engines works in order to see that an engine is as good or better than the other, the proof of how good an engine is its in how it runs on the track and how it competes with other engines. Unlike cars, engines are not dependent on how good a driver is. I've seen Sam (and others) tune all kinds of engines, and the fact remains that the JL Red Dot can and does beat any other engine thats out there. What Im trying to say is that if you get the same person (with expirience) to tune to two different engines, both engines will perform up to their potential, and the JL Red Dot doesnt loose anything to the other engines.
I have never sad that JL engine is bad or even close to be bad, in fact it is very very good engine and it is affordable. And I did mentioned I am not talking about performace this or that brand.
I read a lot of posts of that guy and he has his own reason and his own expirience, he might be not the best tuner or driver, but call him "Idiot" it is just not proffesionally (you still can do it-it is your right).
Everybody has their own opinion (based on their own knowlodge and expirience and feelings) and you eather taking it or leave it.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by EdwardN
You see Sam, this is your problem-instead prove that the guy you call "Idiot" is really idiot, you jump on me. It is one more time shows that you are not qualify to make any statment (you still can say whatever you want to, but I don't think anybody will count it)-you can't prove that guy is "Idiot", so the best way you found is to jump on me. You think it was smart-"the best defence is assault ", but not allways.
You bring back old story about my english-it is not new and nobody is interesting in it.
You know, you are not clever, if you look my posts while back 3-4 years ago, you will find there, that I sad I will be in RC as long as my son is interesting in it, ones he is not-I will be out and you know Leo is overseas in University taking classes.
About me and Axial. I am pretty sure-you are open your mouth and it means you can show hard evidence that I wasn't good there. If you can't do it, then it can be qualify as blackmailing. Please don't bring any "he sad-she sad", bring some hard evidence. I have hard prove how was my performance there and I can show it, so I guess you have hard evidence to prove opposite. Do you?
Oh, one more thing-please never again tell me what I can and can't do-I know my rights and I really don't care what you are suggesting me, unless you can do it proffesionaly (which I doubt it).
I don't know what your problem is, but you are asking for it, everybody in the RC business knows that the engine you are trying to push is a FAILURE, from the PS 1 to the AXIAL 12 engine, that is the reason AXIAL fired you, even all the drivers left because at first they are convinced by you that your engine is this and your engine is that, how good your design was bla bla bla, but the moment they found out that you are full of wrong ideas they FIRED you, you don't have to lie to everybody that you actually left AXIAL, who are you to fool, it is just plain simple that you are the one that doesn't have a clue about your so called project, it is actually a good thing that you are now where you are, because you can't even sell yourself

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.