R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Novarossi Vs Sirio (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/19003-novarossi-vs-sirio.html)

VoneRkid 05-29-2003 12:51 PM

Novarossi Vs Sirio

NOVA ENGINE RS 12 S3 "Race" R.E.

C. CAPACITY 2.1c.c.

POWER 1,5 HP
RPM 36.500
STROKE 14.00
BORE 13.80
PORTS 3
WEIGHT gr. 215

RS 12 S3
http://www.prorc.net./rs12t5.jpg

(S12TRP) Sirio S12 - 2.11cc Engine (S)
Type: Rear Exhaust Cylinder Contents: 2.11cc
Carburetor: Slide Crankshaft: SG
Ports: 3-port Glowplug: Normal
Piston/ Sleeve: ABC HP: 1.4
39000 RPM

S12TRP
http://www.prorc.net./sirio12.jpg

So which one is better??

Damo:D

PUNISHER 05-29-2003 04:31 PM

I like my Sirio....especially the price!!:lol:

Korey Harbke 05-29-2003 04:51 PM

I think it's just all personal opinion. I have the Mugen equivilent to the S3 and it rules. Good bottom end but with TONS of top end power. I've heard alot of hype about the Sirio but thats all it is, hype.

skibum989 05-30-2003 10:48 AM

Easy with the word "hype" there Korey! ;) j/k I have a Sirio .12, and love it. Easy to tune, idles and runs smooth as butter, and makes lots of power at both bottom and top end. I will say it's more of a top end based motor, it screams at high revs, however it makes good torque as well. I like the price too, I think you get some serious bang for the buck. Kyosho is now including the motor with a special V-one-RR kit in Japan, I think it shows that it is really a quality motor.

Korey Harbke 05-30-2003 03:03 PM

I haven't really seen to many of the sirios yet and the quality controll or anything so it's all hype to me right now.;) I personally just dont really trust trinity that much :lol:

-Sushi Boy

Sp Racer 05-30-2003 04:06 PM

The Sirio is very nice, you won't be dissapointed

Im2lazy 05-30-2003 04:14 PM

Originally posted by skibum989
[B]Easy with the word "hype" there Korey! ;)/B]
:lol: It is true though, that word alone may cause flaming on other boards :rolleyes:.

Locally, we have had few Sirios around, but most of them had some nagging problems and most I know of switched to their previous engines. Also, my track is very tight, and the Sirio engine definitely shines more on the top end (not the best to get around our track). I have an MR12, and many guys race the S3 both of which seem well suited, so it is apparent that the choice depends on where you race.

Also, Sushi boy, novarossi is distributed by Trinity, but I agree that I don't quite trust them.

Ducati998 05-30-2003 08:58 PM

The Sirio have to be one of the best engine, I have ever run. But the s3 might be good to, if not maybe a bit better.:spidey:

Korey Harbke 05-31-2003 12:15 AM

Originally posted by Im2lazy
:

Also, Sushi boy, novarossi is distributed by Trinity, but I agree that I don't quite trust them.

I actually run a Mugen Mr-12 as well, so I dont think it is distributed by trinity. Correct me if I'm wrong.

-Sushi Boy

Im2lazy 05-31-2003 02:56 AM

yeah, I realize that your engine is imported by and under the name of Mugen, but the original post was asking about the novarossi s3 vs. the sirio .12.

Is the MR12 truly the same as the S3? I don't really think so, but they must have much in common at the very least. I also agree that I personally would choose the MR12 over the Trinity imported Novarossi S3 (by owning an MR12), but like I said, VoneRkid only asked about the S3 and the Sirio.

Randy Caster 05-31-2003 08:00 AM

I have owned both, and personally like the powerband of the Sirio a bit better than the Novarossi. It is easier to handle, but still packs the power when you need it. Very easy to tune as well.

B 05-31-2003 02:16 PM

i trust novarossi

so many other "brands" are all based on novarossi.
(Mega, RB, Mugen/Nova)

and i know for a fact that the STS engines are based on Novarossi's

finchy 06-01-2003 01:26 AM

Today at the race meeting I was at. A guy had a Mario Collari modified Sirio. And to be honest this thing is as fast as a lot of the S3's out on the track. And I know for a fact the motors not even leaned off to it's full potential yet. I have to say I'm impressed. When it comes time for another motor, I know there is another motor out there that is worth a bit thought. From what I've seen at the race track these engines are very good.

:) :)

coldeye 06-01-2003 09:13 PM

Guys it sounds like you all run onroad, but both engines will work great offroad as well. I run an MR12 in my gt and a buddy has a sirio in his. both are extremely fast. to me it seems the sirio makes more torque in the mid range and the MR 12 makes a bit more on top. I believe the turbo cut on the crank in the MR and the Novarossi are shaped a bit different and thus changing the timing slightly. Hence, Mugen house specs.

BallPy 06-02-2003 08:27 AM

I think you should go with the HPI nitro star. Its the bomb.;)

PS. I was just kidding. :lol: :lol: :cool: