Community
Wiki Posts
Search

carb restrictors

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

carb restrictors

Anyone use them for on road.My local track is kinda small and traction is not the greatest.My pixi outlaw .12 is to fast and I,m tired of breaking stuff on my car.I,m all ready running it rich.Motor temps are at about 170 degrees.Maybe a less powerful engine or restrictors.WHICH?????????????
Old 05-27-2003, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

i would go with a carb restrictor because it is cheaper...

Also, you might want to sort out the tune of your engine, 170 isn't a temp range that your engine like to stay in... its not healthy.

You could also restrict the servo throw so that your engine doesn't fully open, and use a slower servo and maybe switch to a rotary carb to soften the acceleration.

If other people can get away with a similar setup to yours, I suggest you make your car slow so you can work on your driving then slowly make your car faster again.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

Your complaing cause your cars too fast...lol
Old 05-27-2003, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

use a restrictor or limit your throttle epa
Old 05-27-2003, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The restrictors work great in off-road to smooth out the low end and not take away too much from the top end. Another advantage is that my fuel consumption went from eight minutes to thirteen.

Problem is getting one to fit a slide carb properly. They work best in OS type rotary carbs.

Both AE and Trinity sell three sizes of restrictors.
Old 05-28-2003, 05:24 AM
Tech Adept

The reason the temp is 170 is trying to slow it down a little.I guess its better 170 than 270.Sound like the restrctor does the oppisite of what I thought.I figured it would affect the top end not the bottom end.i,ve allready tried setting the throttle epa down but that also takes away punch out of corner to much to get effect at top end.I,ve got restrictors on order so we,ll see.Thanks