Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Gulf Coast -- Video >

Gulf Coast -- Video

Gulf Coast -- Video

Old 11-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Tech Addict

Default Gulf Coast -- Video

Didn't get much only about 15 minutes on each cam. This was shot during the track drying process.

Embedded
www.promofo-racing.org/Gulf-Coast-On-Road.html

Download
http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/...st-On-Road.wmv

And thats all folks. The expense and agony after filming a race has just gotten to be a bit too much. Not fun anymore so I'm hanging it up. There is a page with links to most all of them if you want to check them out in the future. Not sure if I'm going to keep my server up past Jan. So download 'em if you want 'em.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/mvp/mvppos...emberid=197467

Griz
Old 11-12-2007, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Damn Griz, I hate to hear that. I loved your videos expecially when you came to H-town in austin. Hope everything works out. Hope to see you come out even if it's just to say hi.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

Default Except for the last time

I was very disappointed the video came out so dark last time when I came to video the vintage races. I had a sound track from the late 60's that would have rocked you to the core. All the old killer songs. But I didn't have enough that was bright enough to make it long enough to be worthwhile. Maybe after a rest and some thought about how to make it easier on myself I can start up again. But if I do it will only be local stuff. Driving staying in motels and all that just wears me out too much. I'm too tired come time to video and make mistakes that bug me all the next week. I'm thinking if I just stay in Austin with the occasional trip to SA and maybe get back to basics one or maybe two cameras I can get back into it again.

Griz
Old 11-13-2007, 12:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

I thought it came out ok. Very nice. Thanks for posting.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Tech Addict

Default Different video

I was talking about some I shot at the Hobbytown in Austin recently. Yea this stuff came out pretty good. And it was still very early in the day so the sun hadn't cleared the big trees that line the back of the track. There are some encoding artifacts especially on the shots of the backstretch. The encoder tries to eliminate as many colors as it can to compress the video. When something is almost the same color but not quite and the light level is a little low it gets confused. Same thing happened to me when I filmed the Texas Biggie. I had hoped to get the mains but the officials made it abundantly clear that they didn't want my satellite cameras near the track and wanted me behind the fence. Which was where I planned on shooting from during the race anyways. But I still needed access to move the other cams and change tapes etc. I've filmed well over 100 heats with nary a complaint from driver or track owner. So I know how to get my shots and stay out of the way. I wish they had said something about these restrictions when I e-mailed them about filming. Would have saved me a 500+ mile trip and a couple of hundred bucks. I have a finite amount of walking I can do in a day. My set-up compensates for this. If I can't utilize my satellite cameras I'm out of business. Guess I should have gone back to the R/C Pro Finals. Even though it would have been dark and grainy at least I would have had some video to edit this week.

Griz