Default O.S. VZ-R V2 .21

Hi @ all,

is this a 5+2 or 7+2 port engine?

Thanks a lot
Oliver
Old 10-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Tech Lord

I do not know but does it matter ?
Also a 3 port engine can be fast, it is all about timings and filling and not the number of ports.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by OliverT
Hi @ all,

is this a 5+2 or 7+2 port engine?

Thanks a lot
Oliver
It's 7 ports for sure
Old 10-28-2007, 10:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Guys, the OS 21 VZR VER 2, is actually a 5 port, you dont count the rear exhaust outlet as a boost port. The line in the middle of the exhaust outlet is actually there for extra strength, keep in mind when setting the clutch up to this motor,adjust the clutch spring on the tighter side to allow the motor to rev up before moving, early take off and low RPM actually load up the Rod and the brass bushing in the rod lets go, and then bada bing bada bang, also use as much oil content as possible with out over doing it, book says a minimum of 18% oil content, i use 15% oil with 25% nitro in the AT FUEL-10+5=15%. if you run the 10% oil it will blow. i have studied this motor and learnt these tips and so far it has been going strong. Every one else from my club has done it there way and they all have blown up. this is my tip to you. Goodluck and enjoy, i cant wait for the new speed to come out.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:31 AM
Tech Adept

I think Os engines is working on a new .21 engine. Is anybody know about this engine? I have seen the v2 .21 engine yesterday, and I disassemble it. The internal parts look very good, high quality and high precision. And yes it is 5+1 port engine. Its ports shapes are not familiar to the italian engines, I wonder how it performs... has anyone any feedback about the performance of this engine?
Old 10-29-2007, 03:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Deepfreeze, i run the OS 21 vzr VER2 and it is a very reliable engine, probabaly the most reliable of all the .21, but for performance it lacks that bottom end punch, but that also varies from track to track, if its a tight twisty slow track, they are up there with the best, but on a fast flowing track, they lack that bottom end and if you have a long straight they run out of legs, i had to gear 1 up 1 tooth on the pinions to get that extra leg but it suffers down low. but overall its is the best engine for bang for ur bucks. if you follow my tips in my last post u will have a good engine. i have three of these motors for club days, and they never let me down in reliabilty side.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

what engine was Shimo using at the worlds is it the new Speed version of this motor
Old 10-29-2007, 04:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes Nitro, Shimo was running the new VZX, with the allow head, OS had a magnesem head at one stage but after product testing it with there drivers, the feed back that came backfrom there drivers where not enough topend speed, Looks like OS might be on something now. Im really looking forward to the relese of the new OS hopefully early next year. looks like a gun motor, and it should give all those italian motors a run for there money, lets hope its well priced.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:35 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigredspeed
and it should give all those italian motors a run for there money, lets hope its well priced.
Also Picco?....
Well, I find that hard to believe, but please come back on it if the OS seems to be as fast as the Italian mills.....
On the other hand, I believe they almost "own" the airplane market, so there .21 on-road project doesn't need to be profitable. (like Kyosho )
Old 10-30-2007, 01:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi M7H, my statement is based on the times from the worlds, i was following shimos times and seeing how far behind he was from the italian mills and shimos times were pretty close. so thats why im saying the engine seems to be doing ok and will make a impact to market when it comes out.

As for the Piccos, my OS VER2 gives them a run for its money

Piccos are great motor. i think if i ever buy another italian motor it will be a picco, very reliable motor, but i have to give award to MRT NINJA. that motor has really taken the market for reliabilty and perfomance. in the italian mills
Old 10-30-2007, 01:50 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigredspeed
Hi M7H, my statement is based on the times from the worlds, i was following shimos times and seeing how far behind he was from the italian mills and shimos times were pretty close. so thats why im saying the engine seems to be doing ok and will make a impact to market when it comes out.
I wasn't there, so I can not comment, but I did read that Shimo's OS was leaned out so far, there wasn't any smoke coming from his exhaust when running on the track, it also broke, I read in the reports somewhere.

But, as OS is there for a long time, they should be able to compete with the top.

Piccos are great motor. i think if i ever buy another italian motor it will be a picco, very reliable motor, but i have to give award to MRT NINJA. that motor has really taken the market for reliabilty and perfomance. in the italian mills
The MRT Ninja at this moment is the most expensive engine here in my country (around 700,- Euro's)
It seems like they need to gain money, they lost with the R01 and R01A?....
reliable?, well i've seen all sorts of problems with the Ninja engines, just the same as any other brand....
Also it is not the fastest, the far less expensive (400,- Euro's) Mega ZX21 EM (Eduardo Picco Modified) is just as fast or maybe even faster, and has more runtime......
But ok, it doesn't look "cool", because it has a normal coolinghead, instead of the magnesium one....
Old 10-30-2007, 02:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for your answers.

So at the moment i am not really sure which engine I should buy .
I would give a try to the OS engine, but i am not really sure if it performs
as good as my Mega DS2+. And for me this is the min. power I need, to go with
the other drivers in my local races.
I think I cant compare it to a Novarossi Plus or something similar, but the good price makes this engine so interesting
Old 10-30-2007, 03:03 AM
Tech Champion

That's right,

you can't compare $250 engine with $520 engine.

For $250 engine, VZ-R is awesome.

BTW, I count the number of ports embedded in VZ-R = 7 ports ; 5 intakes plus 2 exhaust. Novarossi 35plus21 = 9 ports ; 8 intakes plus 1 exhaust.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by asw7576
That's right,

you can't compare $250 engine with $520 engine.

For $250 engine, VZ-R is awesome.

BTW, I count the number of ports embedded in VZ-R = 7 ports ; 5 intakes plus 2 exhaust. Novarossi 35plus21 = 9 ports ; 8 intakes plus 1 exhaust.
Ok, but can I compare it to a Mega DS2 or DS2+?

Thanks
Olli
Old 10-30-2007, 07:58 AM
Tech Champion

Sorry oliver, I don't have any experience with mega ds2 engines.

I only have 35plus21, VZ-R, VZ-B.

35plus21 is definetely much faster than VZ-R.

As I said, for $250 engines, VZ-R is my choice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.