Futaba 4PK

Old 10-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastharry
well, I just confirmed that the radio is built in 2.4...which means no switching out for an AM module for mr mini z.....not switching out for my other cars that have an FM/pcm reciever.....and not being on my buyers list...assanine decision by futaba....

and I'll say this also....not being able to use different modules( including a spektrum since alot of us have those too), means that we have to stuff that 90's oversize 2.4 reciever into all the new cars with small boxes..or limited space....
Old 10-22-2007, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie

Very nice radio
Old 10-23-2007, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Harry,

If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it.

I've had that "90's oversize 2.4 reciever" in every car I own including 1/8 buggies and 1/12 on road. Sure it's a little larger than some other micro rxs but I've not had any problems with it fitting in any of my cars. Lemieux and Baker both have one in their NT1 radio box so if it fits in there, it should fit anywhere.

As to peoples comments about modules, yes it is unfortunate that you can't run your mini z on am or swap out your synth module. 2.4 is slowly becoming the industry standard though and will eventually make its way down to even the smallest scales. Besides if you already have a 3PK you have a great radio and don't need to switch up to the 4PK. Some people just want the latest stuff and manufacturers will always keep pushing the technology forward.

Just my .02

Socko
Old 10-29-2007, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I saw two Web sites that had it listed for $599.99. That's quite a bit of money to pay for a tx/rx combo...
Old 10-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fastharry
and I'll say this also....not being able to use different modules( including a spektrum since alot of us have those too), means that we have to stuff that 90's oversize 2.4 reciever into all the new cars with small boxes..or limited space....
Maybe you like this one better then...

Old 10-29-2007, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I wondered when KO would come out with a 2.4ghz system any price??? availabilty???