Search

Futaba 4PK

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Addict

Default PCM on spektrum pro rx?

hi all,
sorry to side track abit...

i've got 2.4ghz spektrum pro series (module & rx) installed in my 3pk; the spektrum manual stated to use PPM mode in 3pk, but can i use PCM mode instead? any diff?

thanx...
Old 10-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Does it need to be aerodynamic? I don't have to push my car around the track like some others.... I generally don't like "smoother" styled radios as then to me it looks more like a toy, instead an instrument of precision From the looks of it, the buttons would be a pain to use while holding. Currently I love my 3pks, and I loved my M11 when I had it. Either way, I do not use anymore functions that EPA, dualrate, and trims... I just like to be a poser
Old 10-14-2007, 09:45 PM
moy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiml
OMG IT'S A NOMADIO!!!
nomadio and spectrum combined.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i dont like the looks of it. It may grow on me but i dont see any reason for me to ditch my 3PK Super with FASST for this.

Does it have Windows Mobile on it with AIM??? LOL
Old 10-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If it did you would have to worry about viruses and malware...and it crashing during a race.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
If it did you would have to worry about viruses and malware...and it crashing during a race.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

any news regarding the features of this radioabout how many models can you store up etc etc this is an odd looking radio but as long as the features are great, is lighter than the 3PK and price is reasonable i'll definitely going to get one
Old 10-15-2007, 12:13 AM
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Looks like my Radio I got with my $50 Kyosho Palm Runner...

I hope it functions better than it looks.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
Does it need to be aerodynamic? I don't have to push my car around the track like some others.... I generally don't like "smoother" styled radios as then to me it looks more like a toy, instead an instrument of precision From the looks of it, the buttons would be a pain to use while holding. Currently I love my 3pks, and I loved my M11 when I had it. Either way, I do not use anymore functions that EPA, dualrate, and trims... I just like to be a poser
Yeah dude, I agree with you that the buttons would be a bitch to mess with if you were out on the track. I usually need to pull up the menu on my M11 every now and then for my brake EPA. This looks like it could be a small challange when your in a hurry. I know you can program a button around the steering wheel I'm sure, but I like to look at the numbers for a reference, at least during practice. Not in a race. But I am quite happy with my M11 for awhile anyway. I know the Futaba 3PK Fasst system is suppose to be pretty sweet. But I use to own a 3PJ way back when, and I still have night terrors about accessing that menu. I should have checked out the 3PK. I can say it looks much better then this thing does. But it might grow on me after time. I just hope that htis "style" doesn't become a trend and all the radio's end up with this look in the next few years. That would suck and I would probably be forced to learn a "Stick" radio.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, i currently use the old 3pk with spectrum setup and am happy with it , although it recently got blown over in a high wind at our track(along with my table, power supply and chargers). While the radio still works, the bottom half of the screen is blank.
This new radio looks to have a less top heavy design and as some have said, i won't be looking at the radio while I'm driving!
The handle looks like it's long enough for comfort with guys like me that have large hands.
The EPA trim is still well placed at the top of the handle under the steering wheel for adjustment during a race without having to look away from the car!
If it has the features that the old 3pk has and some refinements, I'll definitely consider one to replace mine!
BTW with the more aerodynamic design it will be harder to get blown off the table in a strong wind!!!
Old 10-15-2007, 03:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

don't forget less cells= more charging unless you go lipo. But thats an added expense.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hope it's still using a replaceble trans module.....I still have some cars with PCM, and I use Am modules for my mini z.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by keavze
hi all,
sorry to side track abit...

i've got 2.4ghz spektrum pro series (module & rx) installed in my 3pk; the spektrum manual stated to use PPM mode in 3pk, but can i use PCM mode instead? any diff?

thanx...
It won't work in PCM, you have to use PPM.

Even the Futaba FASST module only works in PPM or HRS, not PCM.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Its a 4 channel radio over the 3ch 3PK. Looking at its size and antenna, no module, more like the 3PM. This may put it in a lower price range.
RCeasy.com pics
Old 10-15-2007, 07:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

The plaque in the pic has "650g" in the description. Guessing the weight without batteries is 1lb7oz.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.