I heard the new HPI ran REAL well at Crystal Park

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I heard the new HPI ran REAL well at Crystal Park

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

The main reason people strip out Philips head screws is because they use the wrong size driver to start with. I also stripped out the head on one of my philips screws for holding the engine lately but I used the wrong size driver.

However I was able to remove it still using a shifter (really big driver (1/2" tip) with a flatter point) as I had stopped before I had completely stripped all the head.
Old 05-23-2003, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

actually,the best thing is phillips on the screws,Titinium hex head screw set(HPI's would be fine) as an option.....AND...TORX screws for the bottom motor screws std...(like the 1/8th scale cars)..

now,is everyone happy?...Just nod,and lets get back on the subject..
Old 05-23-2003, 06:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

The main problem i see some people having with phillips head screws is more aboout rounding out the heads rather then stripping the screws.This is mainly done as was said by not using the correct screwdriver(size tip) or by not not knowing how to properly use the screwdrivers(using them at angles).I personally use snap on screwdrivers which are expensive but have anti-slip notches in the tip but otherwise i would recommend ones made by r/c companies like hudy cause they know the size of the main screws used in our cars these days as opposed to regular automotive screwdrivers.

As for the hex type screws,if you use a ball type driver you should not have any problems in rounding out the head and i love the snap on drivers(believe it or not they are cheaper then the hudy and have lifetime warranty)mainly because the handles are smaller and therefor it doesn't give you too much leverage in which you might overtighten the screws and strip the threads.