The car was awesome, it has alot more steering than the old car, but was still very stable.
I will post my setup in the next couple days.
There were a few minor issues, that came up, but nothing major.
I ended up CA'ing the inserts in the rear uprights, after a couple slap shots on the boards my inserts became a little loose in the uprights.
I also put the RRR APP brake pads on the car, this improved the braking alot. The stock pads, didn't work nearly as good as the APP stuff.
I also recommend partially tapping your screws, I didn't when I build the car. There are 2 reasons for this, one your wrist and arms will be dead after assembly
, and I think it tweaked the rear bulkhead a little bit on the rear right side, which created a little binding on the cyclindrical brake actuator. Once I put a new tapped bulkhead on my car and the APP brake pad, the braking was awesome.
I also put the 3D clutch in my car, I wasn't happy with the 4D. I ran out of time to make it work. The 4D seemed heavy. With more testing and time, I'm sure we will find a combination that we like.
The car has alot more corner speed and adjustability. The durability was great too. I tried everything I could do to make the car turn as much as I could, and it responded appropriately. It was a little loose in the main under braking under the sunshine. In retrospect I proably ran a little too much rear bar.
Everyone that ran the new car was happy with it, no horror stories at all. There was definately a buzz about the car in the pits, they all looked. I think in the end we had 4 in Main, including a bump driver. Not bad for it's first US outing.
The only non-standard part I ran on the car was a brass battery tray (for weight) from YB Slow.