Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What promotes Negativity in our sport

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JVStrat
......This will not happen because of this.....
That’s not 100% true.

If your club is tenacious and really wants to promote RC racing there are many potential locations in just about every community that can be set up as temporary locations. The key is to explain the benefits that our events will bring to their locations.

Now granted, all those locations might not have the “perfect’ surface for the RC cars we all currently race. This is why the GT cars are to our benefit, since surface imperfections don’t matter with these cars. So looking at the GT cars with that that stance, we’ll have many more temporary track options at our disposal. The key is building up the GT classes and presenting them to the public.

Last January while visiting Puerto Rico, I stopped by a beach resort and spoke to the owner. I explained to her that we “sanction” RC racing events and her location would be ideal for RC racing. Her business is renting accommodations & vacation packages and she was happy to hear that an RC event at her resort would attract racers from all over to her.

Not only does her resort have rooms & cottages, but she has a restaurant and bar. I explained to her that we expect at least a “party” of 100-150 racers, our entry limit is 225. (I’m talking Off-Road, OK) She did the math and promptly gave me 5 acres of prime land to build my Off-Road track, “Nitro Beach”.

She already has almost 70 rentals for our race on January 10-13, 2008 and the track is not even finished yet. For more information Google up “Nitro Beach” or search the thread in rctech.net in the off road section.

Can something similar be done over here? Certainly it can, it just takes motivation and adaptability to the available environment.

Once again, GT cars are the answer. Hobby shops in the area in question also need to get involved in the marketing & availability of the GT product at these events. If people see the cars racing, they’ll want to get involved too, because the price is not astronomical (remember we’re talking $400 dollars not $1500-$3000).

As far as insurance goes, there is a new Sheriff in town, namely RC Pro Series. We work with an insurance company that offers affordable track insurance for tracks, not just for the racers at the event.

There are many different plans levels available depending on the frequency of races held at a given location. They cover anyone at the event as well, so no additional costs are incurred by the “first timer”.

Information on these insurance plans is available on our website: www.rcprosites.com

Last edited by Jspeed; 10-12-2007 at 08:03 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Here is some pictures of the “Nitro Beach” track location. We should have all the clay & PVC in place by the middle of next month.

This is an Off-Road track project, but if we’re thinking of growing our sport with GT Rally cars, any parking lot at any resort will work the same way.

BTW, if any of you wish to take an RC racing vacation at “Nitro Beach”, the track will be there for a long time.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Pride, Biased(ness), and ppl thinking they are better than others are the worst thing in RC.