Wiki Posts
Search

Xray Foam Tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Xray Foam Tires

http://www.redrc.net/2007/10/xray-nt1-foam-tires/

I haven't seen a thread about it yet so here it is. Unless they're equal to or less than the price of the Nitro Shoes, which is about $11 a pair, I'll stick with Jaco.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

XRAY Foam Tires - NT1 Options
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...0NT1%20Options

But don't you want to use the same stylish starburst designed wheels used by Xray Factory Team drivers? Also keep in mind that it comes with "special foam" and not that non-special foam that those "other" wheels come with. And get this!! They are designed for highly-competitive racing - not like those "other" wheels. What will people think when you show up at the track and your NT1 has those "other" wheels on it? You can't possibly think you can be competitive with those "other" wheels! I would spend $25 a pair just to have the privledge of using these on my car! Then people will think I am cool and stylish - just like those Xray Factory Team drivers!

You know I'm just joking bro.

IMO, the marketing text is way over done for these tires. I'm suprised they don't have a skimpily dressed model holding it with the tag line, "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful."
Old 10-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii

IMO, the marketing text is way over done for these tires. I'm suprised they don't have a skimpily dressed model holding it with the tag line, "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful."
Xray's marketing text has in NO WAY caught up to Team Magic, they do 4 page press releases on CVD pins.

The wheels are a very nice design, no better than Jaco's or Kyoshos though..

I thought it was funny when my NT1 came with these wheels, with no foam like somebody could buy foam and glue/mount them at their house which brings up another funny point that could be seen as advertising.. why include say $12 worth of wheels instead of front cvd's unless it was just to tickle us into buying the mounted tires when they came out.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:23 PM
GK
Suspended

Originally Posted by brianhatesnitro
...why include say $12 worth of wheels instead of front cvd's unless it was just to tickle us into buying the mounted tires when they came out...
Included wheels are usefull to set the ride height say at ~1mm, so you don't have to worry about running out of ride height with actual tires during racing. I think that was the intended purpose of the wheels in the kit, you'll find it in some setup sheets as well.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GK
Included wheels are usefull to set the ride height say at ~1mm, so you don't have to worry about running out of ride height with actual tires during racing. I think that was the intended purpose of the wheels in the kit, you'll find it in some setup sheets as well.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

XRAY Foam Tires - NT1 Options
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...0NT1%20Options

But don't you want to use the same stylish starburst designed wheels used by Xray Factory Team drivers? Also keep in mind that it comes with "special foam" and not that non-special foam that those "other" wheels come with. And get this!! They are designed for highly-competitive racing - not like those "other" wheels. What will people think when you show up at the track and your NT1 has those "other" wheels on it? You can't possibly think you can be competitive with those "other" wheels! I would spend $25 a pair just to have the privledge of using these on my car! Then people will think I am cool and stylish - just like those Xray Factory Team drivers!

............but are they "Luxury" foam tires...............
Old 10-05-2007, 07:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm suprised they don't have a skimpily dressed model holding it
Now there's something you don't see enough of. They would almost be worth a few bucks more if they came with some smut on the box.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

If you were excited to hear about the new Xray "luxury" foam tires you better sit down for this news.

Hudy battery tape!

"Sold in rolls of 50m length, it features a stylish black finish. This special and unique tape is not widely available on the public market and as such is a hot item to have for any serious racer."

Don't let the fact that it looks just like all the other fiber tape fool you.

http://www.redrc.net/2007/10/hudy-fi...ed-tape-black/

Least they could have done is print their name on it.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

This is what you REALLY need: GRP branded ear plugs, no luxury, but orange...

Originally Posted by SlamMan
If you were excited to hear about the new Xray "luxury" foam tires you better sit down for this news.

Hudy battery tape!

"Sold in rolls of 50m length, it features a stylish black finish. This special and unique tape is not widely available on the public market and as such is a hot item to have for any serious racer."

Don't let the fact that it looks just like all the other fiber tape fool you.

http://www.redrc.net/2007/10/hudy-fi...ed-tape-black/

Old 10-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SlamMan
Yeah, laser etched name would have been sweet! I'm wondering if the glue is special or just the glossy black foil? Too bad they are using fiberglass strands. That is so low-grade! At a minimum, I would have expected micro strands of Hudy sprung steel!!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stefan
This is what you REALLY need: GRP branded ear plugs, no luxury, but orange...
The watch is cool! The orange color is awesome. Definitely stylish!

Too bad I'm not a big fan of GRP.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs down

You guys are to damn funny............. could even be loser or to in this group.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I know the pictures shows 2 tires.... but will the box have 1 or 2 when you buy 'em?
Old 10-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC500
You guys are to damn funny............. could even be loser or to in this group.
You do know what sarcasm is, don't you?

BTW, Your post should read, "...could be a loser or two in this group." If you're going to insult people, you should at least get it right!

Cheers
Old 10-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
I know the pictures shows 2 tires.... but will the box have 1 or 2 when you buy 'em?
Now that's a good one!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.