Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmikel
I just might have to check out one of the Clockwork engines if there that good. I will need a little more motor for that track in Puerto Rico.
Mikes going....hmmm should I get my new ride ready?
Old 10-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Last edited by Jspeed; 10-27-2011 at 01:24 AM.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FastPete
Mikes going....hmmm should I get my new ride ready?
Pete, check out www.hotwire.com or www.travelocity.com
Airport is San Juan International - Puerto Rico
Old 10-27-2011, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default 2012 GT Worlds

Does anyone what the dates will be yet? Last I read was in March.

Thanks
Old 10-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

2011 Caribbean Winter Cup/GT Worlds Warm-Up
December 9th to 11th

2012 Ipanema Sports GT World Championships
March 21st to 25th

Old 10-27-2011, 10:06 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I still have a couple of the Kyosho GT1 cars and parts from awhile ago. I was just wondering if they are still any good for racing or should a I just give them to someone that wants to bash around with?

King Nitro
Steve
Old 10-27-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Default OH MY!

I just hope the GT Worlds doesn't get CANCELLED, like the GT US Nationals 2 weeks before the event!
AND ANY TIRE BRAND IS ALLOWED, YES OR NO?
Old 10-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
I just hope the GT Worlds doesn't get CANCELLED, like the GT US Nationals 2 weeks before the event!
AND ANY TIRE BRAND IS ALLOWED, YES OR NO?
Ok, the jab you just took was completely unnecessary. Ipanema-sponsored events have always been open to any rubber tire brand that is on the market for GT cars. The question to you is, "Are you going to try to attend the race at the end of March or not?"
Old 10-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by King Nitro
I still have a couple of the Kyosho GT1 cars and parts from awhile ago. I was just wondering if they are still any good for racing or should a I just give them to someone that wants to bash around with?

King Nitro
Steve
I like GT1 better than the GT2. Just get IGW008 tranny and use the shaft from the original. Good luck racing!
Old 10-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JLock
Ok, the jab you just took was completely unnecessary. Ipanema-sponsored events have always been open to any rubber tire brand that is on the market for GT cars. The question to you is, "Are you going to try to attend the race at the end of March or not?"
No Jab intended just valid questions for these reasons.

I haven't attended a Ipanema event, had planned on attending the US National event. Had scheduled time off work, hotel booked etc. Then event was canceled with no valid explaination or even rescheduled. Just NO RACE! I called the race director at the track and was given his opinion and reason why event was cancelled. So me hoping it goes as planned and not cancelled at the last minute or very short notice should NOT be an issue.

As for asking a direct question about tire brands, all I asked was for a Yes or No answer.

I also believe a Sponsor of a Product or Event, has a certain duty to stand by and support his products or events without prejudice. It should be a standard of common sense and customer service.

Last I do plan on attending the GT Worlds, I HOPE.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No Jab intended just valid questions for these reasons.

I haven't attended a Ipanema event, had planned on attending the US National event. Had scheduled time off work, hotel booked etc. Then event was canceled with no valid explaination or even rescheduled. Just NO RACE! I called the race director at the track and was given his opinion and reason why event was cancelled. So me hoping it goes as planned and not cancelled at the last minute or very short notice should NOT be an issue.

As for asking a direct question about tire brands, all I asked was for a Yes or No answer.

I also believe a Sponsor of a Product or Event, has a certain duty to stand by and support his products or events without prejudice. It should be a standard of common sense and customer service.

Last I do plan on attending the GT Worlds, I HOPE.
I feel you right there Tony, planning for a race and taking the time off and it doesn't happen would also tick me off. Then I would be done for participating in the sponsors races that they majorly support.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MikaR
Hello Lars!
Those rally tires are by Thunder Tiger and wheels by Venom. I like those O.Z style wheels a lot, too, a bit different from the rest. Standard 1:8 buggy size.
Cheers
Hi again *blush* May i ask you where you got those wheels from? I can't find them anywhere after a fair bit of searching. Going to ask a hobbyshop here in Norway if they can order them for me.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Tech Addict

ANY TIRE BRAND IS ALLOWED, YES OR NO?
YES ANY TIRE BRAND CAN RACE IN THE WORLDS (as long as they are rubber tires). There will be 4 classes to try to include everyone. There will be the usual SPEC class, Open, Electric and Unlimited (where any chassis is allowed, belt or shaft).
Old 10-27-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jneg
YES ANY TIRE BRAND CAN RACE IN THE WORLDS (as long as they are rubber tires). There will be 4 classes to try to include everyone. There will be the usual SPEC class, Open, Electric and Unlimited (where any chassis is allowed, belt or shaft).
Thankyou Sir, that's EXACTLY what I wanted to know. Would a buggy conversion be Open or Unlimited?

Better Yet:
Please post rules for the event when available.

Thankyou
Old 10-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Addict

Thankyou Sir, that's EXACTLY what I wanted to know. Would a buggy conversion be Open or Unlimited?

Better Yet:
Please post rules for the event when available.

Thankyou
You can run a conversion in any class. In open you can run any chassis that is shaft driven. Unlimited is a class where you can run the belt driven cars like the euro Rally Game cars or if you go all out with your conversion you might try Unlimited.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.