Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 03:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodash
Hope there will be a GT open class. I have a powerful motor and a few upgrades that may not be allowed in a spec class. Homestead is a large track that I would love to let lose all this hp and rpm my motor has.
I'm pretty sure they will have an Open Class. But I am curious what are you running that would Not be allowed?
Old 10-26-2011, 06:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
I'm pretty sure they will have an Open Class. But I am curious what are you running that would Not be allowed?
Carbon fiber chassis,and a hi dollar motor. I've seen some race rules were CF chassis was not allowed and your motor had to fall in a certain price range. That is why I hope there will be a open class.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
so you saying you would sponor a driver?

Depending on the driver I just might !
Old 10-26-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

Outlaw777, who are you? I been racing for a long time and even a previous shop and track owner in Houston.

My final thought on engines, run what you like Mod or stock,low budget high budget. As long as your happy with the results. Any way you cut it you will give up something for something. More Hp less fuel mileage, bigger displacement more weight and size, etc etc. I run a OS. 28XZ because that's what I think I needed to keep up with the others due to my gearing issue in my HotBodies D8GT conversion. I am happy with the result, it has the smooth power band I was looking for and more then enough power with the right fuel mileage. It still meets all the expected rules requirements and I like to have more then enough power I will ever need for the racing I do.

After reading above post and visiting the CRE website. I have to say I am very impressed by the comments of customers and others about the type of service and work CRE does. I will definitely be buying a "Clocks" Mod engine, hopefully soon. I currently own and run a Maxy Mod Nova P5Xl 21 w/9853 pipe and 41021 header in my off road buggy and it rocks on power and fuel mileage and never gets over 230. In my GT I just put in the OS .28 w/JP2 pipe and header.

Here is a pic of me and my cars, so if you see me at the track and need any help let me know.

I don't think he is running against one of my engines ! I only know of two of my Mod OS25's running in GT car, and they are both reporting back that they are blowing the asses off the .21's...all other of my 25's are running in Truggy....I have only sold about 10 of these engines, so it is very easy to keep track of who has one !
Old 10-26-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I feel lucky to have one of the nicest on road and off road tracks so close to me Gulf Coast Raceway in Porter, TX. they hosted the 1/10 Nitro Worlds this last year and is hosting the RcPro Series National Title race in November for off road. This place really spoils a driver it is a true First class facility.

I just got back into racing this last year from a 5 year break after closing my Hobby shop and track. I have been in RC for last 15yrs in Houston and Texas in general. I plan on attending a lot of big races and Series this 2012 season for GT and off road. I'm even going to run 1/5 Off road with 2 tracks getting built within 250 miles from me and one winning the bid to hold the US Nationals this next year.

Pm sent.
1/5 off road? FG Marders, I hope? :-)
Old 10-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Maximo
just for reference..here is a old video of a modified Picco 28 in my DM-1... This engine is stout, but it doesn't match the HP or RPM of the OS 25 or Nova 28-7...Yet in this bone stock DM-1 we were able to hit 68 MPH in a 300'run.....and could have gone faster, but we couldn't keep the tires under the car....I had to remove the body as the car kept wanting to blow over on itself with the body on......Now the OS 25 and the Nova 28-7 are both substantially faster then this Picco, especially so in the upper end.... This DM-1 is bone stock gearing and no weight reduction.....

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Where can get those fat tires?
Old 10-26-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If that clocked .25 is that strong, Miami track would be a great track to run it on. I ran the extech .24 at the worlds there and was wishing I had a bit more. I got pulled a bit down the long straight by a Flash Nova Rossi.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Maximo
I don't think he is running against one of my engines ! I only know of two of my Mod OS25's running in GT car, and they are both reporting back that they are blowing the asses off the .21's...all other of my 25's are running in Truggy....I have only sold about 10 of these engines, so it is very easy to keep track of who has one !
Well am sure I am running against the Mod OS 25 and as a matter of fact I am running against two of them in Bahamas. LOL Neither of them have beaten me as yet. My little 21 is still holding its own, I think u better come and turn some needles .

Winning races is much more than just a mod engine But thanks to your engines the competition has picked up tremendously and we are having a blast. Keep up the good work and I would love to try out your mod nova 28-7 pm me the details.

Last edited by outlaw777; 10-26-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by outlaw777
Well am sure I am running against the Mod OS 25 and as a matter of fact I am running against two of them in Bahamas. LOL Neither of them have beaten me as yet. My little 21 is still holding its own, I think u better come and turn some needles .

Winning races is much more than just a mod engine But thanks to your engines the competition has picked up tremendously and we are having a blast. Keep up the good work and I would love to try out your mod nova 28-7 pm me the details.
You already said you were from Houston and had no idea who in Nassau I was referring to ? LOL !

however if you truly have a GT car that is hitting 70 MPH on a 150'straight then hats off to ya bro... ! I know my 25 wont do that in that sort of short distance, or at least in any of my GT cars (stock weight) ...heck I didn't even think many 1/8th racers could do that either.....70 MPH/113 KMH is fast !!!
Old 10-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outlaw777

I asked before, WHO ARE YOU? PM me.

I know pretty much everyone in the on and off road racing scene old and new in Houston Area. Are you racing or practicing at GulfCoast its the only on road track within a 250 mile radius. I know Jeremy and Smiley personally at GulfCoast. The only car I know of to hit 70mph+ on the back straight was an Electric Brushless car. The 1/8 Open dont hit those speeds!!!

As for the GT class picking up and getting stronger, thats from all the support from WildBill from IgtHobbies and his Austin and SanAntonio following.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

Default driver

.....I may even be looking for a driver to race one of my mills in GT for the 2012 season...

Maximo,

I'd be up for driving with one of your mills in my IGT2 for 2012. I'm down here in Texas and the GT class is growning quite well. I also race 200mm Expert Nitro Sedan with my XRay NT1.

Regards,

Speyederjedi
Old 10-26-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MikaR
Hello Lars!
Those rally tires are by Thunder Tiger and wheels by Venom. I like those O.Z style wheels a lot, too, a bit different from the rest. Standard 1:8 buggy size.
Cheers
Thanks a lot for the info! I have never seen these rims, and trust me, i have searched a lot around! Sure it is a bit different, but absolutely to like I have missed a thing between solid dish rims and the open ones. These are totally rally
Old 10-26-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Looks like a lot of really good GT races are on the way for us all!

Just a reminder, the Caribbean Cup/GT Worlds Warm-Up event is just around the corner too, entries are starting to roll in.

GT Open Class

1 Ivan V.
2 Mike L.
3 Jaime N.
4 Hilton M.
5 Hilton M Jr.
6 Havy L.
7 Gilberto G.
8 Edgar T.
9 Luis R.
10 Zobeida O.
11 Juan B.
12 Ricky F.
13 Hector M.
14 Jeff V.
15 Tony Q.
16 Jose A.
17 Luis M.
18 Gustabo P.

Barcelonetta Puerto Rico, December 9th-11th 2011, warm up to the 2012 GT Worlds.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

I just might have to check out one of the Clockwork engines if there that good. I will need a little more motor for that track in Puerto Rico.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

well the O.S .25 on my wish list for 2012 hopefully

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.