Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How would you say that modded .25 performs against the modded .24 Sirio. I have run that against many .21 mods and a good Nova Rossi mod will take on that Sirio with no problem. I have yet to see a modded .24 -.26 that will outrun a good .21 even on 200' tracks. Yes, they have a bit more on the bottom, but most engines have more than enough bottom. When you add the fuel consumption in the equation , the .21 prevails.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MikaR
Hi, here's Alpha R2 body from Max Velocity on my italian rally game (BMT)

I tried to create Audi TT look for rally, what do you think?
(I didn't have an air brush, used some old cans that I had left in my shop)

Still requires some trimming as you can see plus the air vent holes for cooling & refueling

That is some nice wheels! Can i ask you to measure the total outer diameter on them, and also the rims diameter? I guess the width is about 40 mm as other 1/8th's are. And they can be bought unglued aswell?

Thanks in advance.

Oh, i forgot to ask; who makes them?
Old 10-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spooky 1
How would you say that modded .25 performs against the modded .24 Sirio. I have run that against many .21 mods and a good Nova Rossi mod will take on that Sirio with no problem. I have yet to see a modded .24 -.26 that will outrun a good .21 even on 200' tracks. Yes, they have a bit more on the bottom, but most engines have more than enough bottom. When you add the fuel consumption in the equation , the .21 prevails.

Who modified the 24 ?
Old 10-25-2011, 03:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

RB modded that one. I have another that was the trinity version
Old 10-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm curious because I like using that Sirio on our shorter tracks and if your .25 is all that , I would like to try it. I have an RB C6 that kills it on the 200' plus tracks.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by spooky 1
RB modded that one. I have another that was the trinity version
The OS 25 is very intense...I can't speak for RB Mods work, but I have done a few of the Extech 24's myself... and based on my mods the OS 25 wipes the floor with the Extech 24.... Much more intense engine with a pile more RPM at its disposal....Do some radar testing one day...the OS 25 can hit over 65 MPH in 300'from a standing start..... I have tested some nasty 21's and they needed far more space to get to speed then the 25 did...in 200' good luck touching the mod 25 or 28 with a .21......providing of course there is enough traction for the big engine, and or it doesn't blow over backwards on itself on aceleration.....Sometimes I wish I didn't live in the middle of Canada, it would be great to come out and show off some of these engines myself !
Old 10-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Champion

just for reference..here is a old video of a modified Picco 28 in my DM-1... This engine is stout, but it doesn't match the HP or RPM of the OS 25 or Nova 28-7...Yet in this bone stock DM-1 we were able to hit 68 MPH in a 300'run.....and could have gone faster, but we couldn't keep the tires under the car....I had to remove the body as the car kept wanting to blow over on itself with the body on......Now the OS 25 and the Nova 28-7 are both substantially faster then this Picco, especially so in the upper end.... This DM-1 is bone stock gearing and no weight reduction.....

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Champion

and the only thing I really have of the OS 25 is this...not really relevant....but at least gives you an idea...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outlaw777
No i don't know who you are talking about. But the guy who I am talking about has been racing r/c's cars for a while. Am from Houston! Oh by the way I do over 70 on the back stretch of my track. Trust Uriah motors are scary fast, I won't talk about the fuel consumption. Circuit racing is more than just power, so he has a rough ride in store for him. lol. But it is all in the name of fun.
Outlaw777, who are you? I been racing for a long time and even a previous shop and track owner in Houston.

My final thought on engines, run what you like Mod or stock,low budget high budget. As long as your happy with the results. Any way you cut it you will give up something for something. More Hp less fuel mileage, bigger displacement more weight and size, etc etc. I run a OS. 28XZ because that's what I think I needed to keep up with the others due to my gearing issue in my HotBodies D8GT conversion. I am happy with the result, it has the smooth power band I was looking for and more then enough power with the right fuel mileage. It still meets all the expected rules requirements and I like to have more then enough power I will ever need for the racing I do.

After reading above post and visiting the CRE website. I have to say I am very impressed by the comments of customers and others about the type of service and work CRE does. I will definitely be buying a "Clocks" Mod engine, hopefully soon. I currently own and run a Maxy Mod Nova P5Xl 21 w/9853 pipe and 41021 header in my off road buggy and it rocks on power and fuel mileage and never gets over 230. In my GT I just put in the OS .28 w/JP2 pipe and header.

Here is a pic of me and my cars, so if you see me at the track and need any help let me know.
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-2011-10-16-12.32.21.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-2011-10-13-21.50.57.jpg  
Old 10-25-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
Outlaw777, who are you? I been racing for a long time and even a previous shop and track owner in Houston.

My final thought on engines, run what you like Mod or stock,low budget high budget. As long as your happy with the results. Any way you cut it you will give up something for something. More Hp less fuel mileage, bigger displacement more weight and size, etc etc. I run a OS. 28XZ because that's what I think I needed to keep up with the others due to my gearing issue in my HotBodies D8GT conversion. I am happy with the result, it has the smooth power band I was looking for and more then enough power with the right fuel mileage. It still meets all the expected rules requirements and I like to have more then enough power I will ever need for the racing I do.

After reading above post and visiting the CRE website. I have to say I am very impressed by the comments of customers and others about the type of service and work CRE does. I will definitely be buying a "Clocks" Mod engine, hopefully soon. I currently own and run a Maxy Mod Nova P5Xl 21 w/9853 pipe and 41021 header in my off road buggy and it rocks on power and fuel mileage and never gets over 230. In my GT I just put in the OS .28 w/JP2 pipe and header.

Here is a pic of me and my cars, so if you see me at the track and need any help let me know.

thank you for the kind words !

Unfortunately I do not have many of my modifieds being run in GT car... And even more unfortunate is I don't think there is a suitable onroad track/club within 2000 miles in any one direction from where I live.... So there is no way for me to race test any of my engines....I do however have 2 DM-1 Spec cars that we have done extensive engine testing with....So I do have a really good idea of what makes these cars fast in terms of measurable performance...But unfortunately at this time very little in the terms of my engines being raced in GT car.....I may even be looking for a driver to race one of my mills in GT for the 2012 season...
Old 10-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Maximo

Unfortunately I do not have many of my modifieds being run in GT car... And even more unfortunate is I don't think there is a suitable onroad track/club within 2000 miles in any one direction from where I live.... So there is no way for me to race test any of my engines....I do however have 2 DM-1 Spec cars that we have done extensive engine testing with....So I do have a really good idea of what makes these cars fast in terms of measurable performance...But unfortunately at this time very little in the terms of my engines being raced in GT car.....I may even be looking for a driver to race one of my mills in GT for the 2012 season...
so you saying you would sponor a driver?
Old 10-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Unfortunately I do not have many of my modified being run in GT car... And even more unfortunate is I don't think there is a suitable on road track/club within 2000 miles in any one direction from where I live.... So there is no way for me to race test any of my engines....I do however have 2 DM-1 Spec cars that we have done extensive engine testing with....So I do have a really good idea of what makes these cars fast in terms of measurable performance...But unfortunately at this time very little in the terms of my engines being raced in GT car.....I may even be looking for a driver to race one of my mills in GT for the 2012 season...
I feel lucky to have one of the nicest on road and off road tracks so close to me Gulf Coast Raceway in Porter, TX. they hosted the 1/10 Nitro Worlds this last year and is hosting the RcPro Series National Title race in November for off road. This place really spoils a driver it is a true First class facility.

I just got back into racing this last year from a 5 year break after closing my Hobby shop and track. I have been in RC for last 15yrs in Houston and Texas in general. I plan on attending a lot of big races and Series this 2012 season for GT and off road. I'm even going to run 1/5 Off road with 2 tracks getting built within 250 miles from me and one winning the bid to hold the US Nationals this next year.

Pm sent.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Hello Lars!
Those rally tires are by Thunder Tiger and wheels by Venom. I like those O.Z style wheels a lot, too, a bit different from the rest. Standard 1:8 buggy size.
Cheers
Old 10-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Tech Adept

Are you sure it is one of mine ? I honestly don't recall selling one to anyone in Houston running GT cars... But I obviously can't remember everyone...
Hey Neal,
I was wondering if you could Clock my new RB Rally-11 for me? You can pm the details.

Thanks Richard
Old 10-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Doug M
The actual schedule and format is being worked out with Novarossi and Desoto Racing since they are the sponsors. They asked me to let everyone know the dates so everyone can start making plans. As soon as it is nailed down I will let everyone know.
Hope there will be a GT open class. I have a powerful motor and a few upgrades that may not be allowed in a spec class. Homestead is a large track that I would love to let lose all this hp and rpm my motor has.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.