Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
GT class--buggy-based on road! >

GT class--buggy-based on road!

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Old 06-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jneg
+1

I agree, this should be a forum for talking set up, giving advice and looking at cool conversions like the O'Donnel or the Losi. I will post pist of my SC8GT as soon as I get the front bumper in place. I comsider many of the racers here my friends even though I have met them only once in person but have raced agaimst them at one time or another. Let's make this what it should be from now on. People (all of us with me included) need to remember that this is a hobby and we do it for fun. Some have a bussiness but in the end we are big kids racing TOY CARS!!!!

On a positive note at our local track we have been growing the class and for this upcomming 6 race of our championship we already have more than 30 racers signed up. We have grown this class by keeping the rules very simple and always and I mean ALWAYS helping the new guys.
We have grown the Austin club racing to around 12 to 15 on a good weekend. What part of the country are you guys racing. 30+ racers sounds like a hell of a time. I am having more fun racing on-road Gt than I have had in years. All it takes is getting someone to test drive you car and they're hoked.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by chaderick
We have grown the Austin club racing to around 12 to 15 on a good weekend. What part of the country are you guys racing. 30+ racers sounds like a hell of a time. I am having more fun racing on-road Gt than I have had in years. All it takes is getting someone to test drive you car and they're hoked.
We are in Puerto Rico, wish is part of the USA. This number will grow more when we race GT only since we on a regular race also race 1/10, 1/8 and the is also a kids class. At any weekend we have about 80 to 90 racers if we join all classes. We will host the 2012 World GT Championship. One great thing is that for those traveling from the states there is no customs, it is just like traveling to any other state. I will be at the next Nats in Texas along with about 10 others. Hope to see everyone there.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Jlock, I agree with you. Lets try and make things work. But in order to do that you have to work on this as well. But lets get one thing straight first, I came over and tried to talk to you and you were not a very friendly person. I also tried to talk to you at the houston track as well. I would suggest telling your friend jspeed to lay off of people. In my own opinion he likes to start stuff. If you agree to this i will be more than happy to quite smashing you guys. I dont want people to think that the texas drivers dont know how to drive. I am like you, you take up for jspeed, so i will take up for wild bill.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

We are in Puerto Rico, wish is part of the USA. This number will grow more when we race GT only since we on a regular race also race 1/10, 1/8 and the is also a kids class. At any weekend we have about 80 to 90 racers if we join all classes. We will host the 2012 World GT Championship. One great thing is that for those traveling from the states there is no customs, it is just like traveling to any other state. I will be at the next Nats in Texas along with about 10 others. Hope to see everyone there.
Are you talking about this coming October? If so that sounds great we should have about 5-7 from Austin alone coming down for that race. Hopefully we aren't black flagged before the race starts j/k
Old 06-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Adept

The Nationals in Texas are going to be a blast. I'm really looking forward to have a good number of racers show up. It would be nice to have some deep mains.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by j.d.roost
Zo1b with a T chassis.

Originally Posted by Kitchen

I'm lovin' this...Sunday needs to hurry up an get here!
Old 06-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

+1

I agree, this should be a forum for talking set up, giving advice and looking at cool conversions like the O'Donnel or the Losi. I will post pist of my SC8GT as soon as I get the front bumper in place. I comsider many of the racers here my friends even though I have met them only once in person but have raced agaimst them at one time or another. Let's make this what it should be from now on. People (all of us with me included) need to remember that this is a hobby and we do it for fun. Some have a bussiness but in the end we are big kids racing TOY CARS!!!!

On a positive note at our local track we have been growing the class and for this upcomming 6 race of our championship we already have more than 30 racers signed up. We have grown this class by keeping the rules very simple and always and I mean ALWAYS helping the new guys.
+1
i just skip over reading the bs!!
Old 06-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

where u going sunday?
Old 06-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Your car looks great, I still can't believe you squeezed a 2-speed in that chassis.

Last edited by williamw; 06-07-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrz93
where u going sunday?
Blue Diamond!!
Come get some!!
Old 06-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Blue Diamond!!
Come get some!!
love too, but work this weekend hopefully can get off sunday!
Old 06-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

+1
who you kidding, you love the b.s!!! lol
Old 06-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ran the z01GT today.
Not too bad,needs some tweaking.
I can see myself converting to the short chassis soon as the
car feels,well loooooong..a bit lethargic and cumbersome.
Jspeed sent me some setup advice that I need to try out as the 50,000 in the front makes the car too pushy.Gonna start there and make some other
tweaks to get it to rotate better.
I also need more gear. Fortunately the pinions unscrew from the t.t. clutch bell. I just need to find out what gears fit.
I am going to give it a shot at the track this weekend as see if I can get half a setup in it.

Last edited by j.d.roost; 06-07-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

+1
+2

where u going sunday?
To church to learn the truth...Blue Diamond
Originally Posted by williamw
Your car looks great, I still can't believe you squeezed a 2-speed in that chassis.
...and I just finished another one!...

love too, but work this weekend hopefully can get off sunday!
after FBF I need some BD! can't get enough.

Originally Posted by j.d.roost
Ran the z01GT today.
Not too bad,needs some tweaking.
I can see myself converting to the short chassis soon as the
car feels,well loooooong..a bit lethargic and cumbersome.
Jspeed sent me some setup advice that I need to try out as the 50,000 in the front makes the car too pushy.Gonna start there and make some other
tweaks to get it to rotate better.
I also need more gear. Fortunately the pinions unscrew from the t.t. clutch bell. I just need to find out what gears fit.
I am going to give it a shot at the track this weekend as see if I can get half a setup in it.
I think I can help you on the setup with that thing, don't change it up till I get my mits on it...you know I'm good for makin' 1-off creations work!
Old 06-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

j.d.roost, buggy conversions are pushy in general. DM1S is different because of it's chassis design --> close to zero caster. try decreasing it as much as you can, not sure what caster blocks O'donnel offers but try to get the ones that have as little as possible (propably 20 deg or so which is still a lot for onroad).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.