Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
I want to thank everyone for the kind words on the win. I want to thank my pit man David Heridia for his awesome pit work!

To me it looked like all tires were hooked up (Ipanema, Alpha, and Sweeps), and all bodies stayed on (Ipanema, Alpha, Protoform, OFNA). The atmosphere was great, and I did not hear any F-Bombs on the drivers stand like in past races, so it seemed everyone was having a good time.

At one point in the race me and J-Lock bumped in a corner, and after the race he apologized, but no apology was needed, because I knew it wasn't intentional. He had clearly gotten of my way several times before that, and I thank you.

I was testing a new car for this race, and I can tell you that this is the car to have! (yeah I know, biased )
IGT Hobbies will be the exclusive dealer for the car, and will be releasing more news on it soon on our site. The only thing I can say right now is- 6.2lbs

In conclusion, I want to thank the Texas Biggie committee for allowing us to bring our big, loud, heavy cars to race at the 34th Annual Texas Biggie.

Most of all, I want to thank the racers for showing up, without you, there would be no GT racing. Thank you racers!

On a seperate note....

No D-boxes where used by any driver. Also, This is not my first GT win, I won a SWCS race last season (came back from 7 laps down), and many club level races with very talented drivers. Just the facts, hopefully that can be respected.
good for you bill!!!
when u let us know what car it is...please post pics!
Old 05-30-2011, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Maybe it's a Texas thing but nobody runs a D-box in the east coast. If you mention one everyone laughs including myself

On the other hand I am glad to see other chassis becoming a part of GT racing.
I still think the Losi Oval car is the one to have. Very balanced. The shock towers have all the necessary adjustment points needed.
I dont know where this d-box think came from and that the Texas guys are running them. I am not even sure what they are.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YANMAN
I dont know where this d-box think came from and that the Texas guys are running them. I am not even sure what they are.
It was mentioned further back in this thread, I doubt anyone but drifters, or cars that came with them, are in use anymore than they might be on the East or West coast.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah thats my friend Kitchen who has the Losi. It's scary fast.
Yesterday we had a big trophy race at Blue Diamond and if he didn't have traffic problems and a flame out he would of won. I took first in the A but he had the faster car. We had two full heats of racing, it was a blast!!
So many sponsors stepped up to make this a great event. Ipanema, Sweep, Max Velociti, Hobby Hut to name a few!
Blue Diamond definitely has GT action! So if your in the area, Come Get Some!!!!!
He definitely had traffic problems when he rear ended me (first place) in the last lap and sent me five feet into the fence with a lap and a half on him he had some type of problem not taking the joy out of your win but that some B.S. I mean really the last lap
Old 05-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by williamw
It was mentioned further back in this thread, I doubt anyone but drifters, or cars that came with them, are in use anymore than they might be on the East or West coast.
Kewl, thanks I was clueless as to what they were.

On another note I cant wait to meet some of you guys at the Impanima?(I suck at spelling) Nationals in Houston. Should be fun.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

Default sponsor

Thanks to all that supported the GT class at the Skyrocket race at Blue diamond it was a blast thanks Max velocity,Ipanema,Hobby hut,Sweeps,Skyrocket,trinity,Rb,Alpha,Kosmic fuel,and anyone that supported the race that I forgot thank you.

Also thank you to the racers that traveled a long distance and Spent Extra cash to race the GT class at Blue diamond Thanks a whole lot. Hope you had a great time too.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodash
He definitely had traffic problems when he rear ended me (first place) in the last lap and sent me five feet into the fence with a lap and a half on him he had some type of problem not taking the joy out of your win but that some B.S. I mean really the last lap
Oh Nooo! I should of kept my mouth shut!!!!
Well regardless of the end result I had a great time racing. I am pleased though that I held on to second position for most of the race duration.

Yeah I guess I did forget about some of the sponsers

Last edited by gashuffer; 05-30-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Maybe it's a Texas thing but nobody runs a D-box in the east coast. If you mention one everyone laughs including myself
... No D-boxes are not a Texas thing ... we don't ever or even consider these. It was brought up by someone else.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Adept

Congrats to all the racers at the Texas Biggie and Blue Diamond. I wish I could have made one of these races, but hope to meet all of you guys come Oct. Maybe I will have my new car done by then. Good luck to all you racers this summer.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

The Texas Biggie was a Blast! Congrats to all the Winners! Sweep tires lasted well throughout the Texas heat and the long 45min. main as well as some others. Texas did have some top-notch drivers in attendance as well as some new to the GT8 class.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
... No D-boxes are not a Texas thing ... we don't ever or even consider these. It was brought up by someone else.
Yeah I don't know where I read it, but it's even on the Ipanema rules list.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Would a CF chassis cut off 2lbs?
Old 05-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrz93
good for you bill!!!
when u let us know what car it is...please post pics!
Will do! BTW, I have been racing RC cars for 27 years, and for the past 22 years, I have been racing the same manufacture, so that should tell you what my new car is based from.

The Open and Spec debate is dependent on your local clubs rules. But I do agree, if their are enough racers, Spec class is the best!

Right now we only have enough racers for an open class, but next year we hope to have both classes, and Spec will be pretty much a box stock car with an engine limit.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rifraf
Would a CF chassis cut off 2lbs?
Old 05-30-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodash
Thanks to all that supported the GT class at the Skyrocket race at Blue diamond it was a blast thanks Max velocity,Ipanema,Hobby hut,Sweeps,Skyrocket,trinity,Rb,Alpha,Kosmic fuel,and anyone that supported the race that I forgot thank you.

Also thank you to the racers that traveled a long distance and Spent Extra cash to race the GT class at Blue diamond Thanks a whole lot. Hope you had a great time too.
Hey Shaun Congrats on your finish bro' you did a great job on your finish at the A-main, Man I'm telling you it's hard to do that back to back race, Jackson and BD but I had a great time on my 1st GT/dm-1 race for the season and it's rubber tires, but u know I'm coming back, I would like to thank all the
Sponsors for 1st trophy race at BlueDiamond Max velocity racing, Ipanema sport racing, Sweeps, Hobby Hut, Skyrocket (thanks Tory and his family), Don of BD.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.