Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 06:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mtx3ron
Guys I am a lot confused I was told by my club that I can not run the ofna dm1 spec in the gt class, Because it is not a buggy based chassis. Ofna gtp is the only one that is allowed from Ofna. I did see a dm 1 ran at the recent MWS mentor without any issues. What is the official ruling on the DM 1 Spec. Thanks This class looks great.
The DM-1 and DM-1 Spec are basically the same car. The spec is just a little shorter. So the Spec is just as much as a GT car as the DM-1 I would think as far as chassis' go.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtx3ron
Guys I am a lot confused I was told by my club that I can not run the ofna dm1 spec in the gt class, Because it is not a buggy based chassis. Ofna gtp is the only one that is allowed from Ofna. I did see a dm 1 ran at the recent MWS mentor without any issues. What is the official ruling on the DM 1 Spec. Thanks This class looks great.
Its up to your local club to set the rules. There are no nationally recognized rules set yet. We are still waiting on ROAR for that.

Best bet is to show your RD that the DM-1Spec is built like a buggy as it uses some of its parts from a buggy based car.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Hey willy keep on waiting for them rules.

The rest of us Americans are respecting the Midwest Series GT Spec class rules. They were racing GT cars up there before you knew how to spell GT.

You on the other hand, go ahead and have fun running your d-box are legal no rules class. lol

Smile a lot too.

baby's got back!
Old 05-24-2011, 07:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Hey willy keep on waiting for them rules.

The rest of us Americans are respecting the Midwest Series GT Spec class rules. They were racing GT cars up there before you knew how to spell GT.

You on the other hand, go ahead and have fun running your d-box are legal no rules class. lol

Screw off jackass
Old 05-24-2011, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

choke on these big fat tires, because you ain't gonna be able to sell em

waah, waah, its not fair waah
Old 05-24-2011, 07:18 AM
Tech Addict

choke on these big fat tires, because you ain't gonna be able to sell em

waah, waah, its not fair waah

I have no desire to sell anything you import from Sintec because of how you conduct yourself on these forums. The above statement proves that point. Now, lets get back on topic please.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Hey dildo that is the topic, you're the one that keeps telling everyone there's no rules in America for GT. The Midwest Series guys started this thread and we all worked together to build this class, with help from racers from around the world. You show no respect for any of us.

You also can't sell the Warrior body for $45 dollars like the good guys can, lol haaaaa!

waaah, its not fair waaah lol
Old 05-24-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Addict

Hey dildo, you're the one that keeps telling everyone there's no rules in America for GT. The Midwest Series guys started this thread and we all worked together to build this class, with help from racers from around the world. You show no respect for any of us.

I said" there are no nationally recognized rules", meaning ROAR rules. ROAR is our national governing organization.

The Midwest Series has there own rules, and that is exactly what I meant when I said that "your local club makes its own rules" just as they did. I am not disrespecting anyone.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Thats fine, our races respect the Midwest Series GT Spec rules because they've build the class with us for several years, see page 1 on this thread.

Too bad you're so dead set against adopting the Midwest Series' GT Spec rules. The rest of us Americans will have now problem between us.

You keep running all helter skelter with your d-boxes and little to no rules.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You guys have each other numbers, deal with this on your own. Let's promote not demote. C-ya at the races and smile.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by whipnet
Booo on the belts. That's exactly why I got into GT cars and not other on-road.

Just my opinion of course.

I see what you mean. I've raced shaft cars since came out around 2007.
These Rally game cars are different from 1:8 scale onroad, I wouldn't judge them just because it has belts. These belts are 10x beefier by the way. I think you would be surprised how nice these Italian cars are once you get to try one. I gives me a little more room to improve by driving still being a GT car - large and cool!
Old 05-24-2011, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
You guys have each other numbers, deal with this on your own. Let's promote not demote. C-ya at the races and smile.
richard, the problem is that there a few of us from around the world that have been growing GT racing for many years and really don't need to hear anything negative about what we've done.

Maybe instead, you should go back to page one of this thread and get re-educated on the history of American Style GT racing since day one.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:56 AM
Tech Addict

Too bad you're so dead set against adopting the Midwest Series' GT Spec rules. The rest of us Americans will have now problem between us.
Never said I was against their rules. I don't believe I have ever read their rules. Their are so many different clubs out there, I can't read them all, or remember them all for that matter.

We have a different goal, therefore, the rules that we put in place are there to help the class grow in our series. We have several off-road tracks closing, and we want those guys to come and run with us, so our rules keep it open as possible, so no one has to spend a ton of money, to find out they do not like on-road racing.

Once the class gets to a level of attendance that we feel can sustain itself, then we will offer classes with more rules.

BTW, no one uses D-Boxes in any of our races. Just because its not in the rules, doesn't mean that we can't police ourselves and keep everything fair.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikaR
I see what you mean. I've raced shaft cars since came out around 2007.
These Rally game cars are different from 1:8 scale onroad, I wouldn't judge them just because it has belts. These belts are 10x beefier by the way. I think you would be surprised how nice these Italian cars are once you get to try one. I gives me a little more room to improve by driving still being a GT car - large and cool!
Don't worry Mika, keep it up. You've been a mover & shaker in GT racing for a long time. The advances you've created have helped GT racers around the world.

We'll figure out a way for the belt RG cars to run. There's a lot of them around the world and together we'll figure out a way to be fair to them too.

Worst case, you can run with those guys that refuse anyone's rules, lol
Old 05-24-2011, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
Never said I was against their rules. I don't believe I have ever read their rules.

BTW, no one uses D-Boxes in any of our races. Just because its not in the rules, doesn't mean that we can't police ourselves and keep everything fair.
billy, just stop, you don't even know who the Midwest Series is, just end it.

And.... if you don't WRITE YOU CANT USE IT, GUYS WILL USE IT.

The easy fix is to adopt the Midwest Series rules, make your changes for open class if you want and try don't act like you invented it. Done deal, argument over, America is happy again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.