Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Hello ... Why you need alloy on transmission ? As far as my experience and friends experiences, Ofna transmission is bulletproof

Cya !
(???) Well this one wasn't.

Spur mesh was perfect and cb bearing is still good, but it still chewed up the 44t. Small rocks maybe.

I use and have never had one problem with Robinson Racing gears. They just don't have any for the OFNA 2 speed.

Last edited by whipnet; 03-08-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I haven't seen any, only the plastic. Hopefully it was just a fluke occurrence. If it does keep happening you could always switch to a center diff, lots of steel spurs available there, but that's not the best choice if you are liking the 2-speed.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by simplechamp
I haven't seen any, only the plastic. Hopefully it was just a fluke occurrence. If it does keep happening you could always switch to a center diff, lots of steel spurs available there, but that's not the best choice if you are liking the 2-speed.
Thanks simplechamp, I was thinking the brushless is too much for the plastic gears, but maybe it was a fluke thing.

I was planning on going to the center diff, but I have fallen in love with how the clutch performs coupled with a sensored motor. Ultra smooth and I like it.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

The DM-1 two-speed is one tough unit, but just like
the clutchbell, it does have bearings in it. I think the
unit gets neglected by many. I never hear any DM-1
owners speak of servicing the two-speed clutch shoes
and springs, replacing the bearings or checking the one
way bearing and shaft it rides on.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rageworks
The DM-1 two-speed is one tough unit, but just like
the clutchbell, it does have bearings in it. I think the
unit gets neglected by many. I never hear any DM-1
owners speak of servicing the two-speed clutch shoes
and springs, replacing the bearings or checking the one
way bearing and shaft it rides on.
i agree, between parking lot racing and bashing my 2-speed havent had any problems..the clutch i upgraded to max life and 2 more bearings in the clutch bell
Old 03-09-2011, 12:41 AM
Tech Champion

What pipe do people prefer on the LRP Spec 3 .28?

I'm gonna be breaking in a Losi 454 in my DM-1 soon, and would like to have a JP-2.. Back in the day I had an LRP in my Muggy, and based on research in forums I went with the JP-2.. And it was great - though the combo was quite thirsty..

How does the Tsais T32/36 compare, or are there others worth considering?

I currently have a JP-4, and from what I have seen of it on the Mach I have in the DM-1 now, I'm not impressed... I switched to the stock Losi RTR pipe from my Muggy last weekend, and it was better. But I think for these GT cars you need the most power in the mid-range.. Low-range with a 28 is no problem, and top-end is not important unless you have a quarter-mile to run on. So I want a big booming mid-range.. I know the JP-2 delivers that. Just wondering if there are others... Thanks..
Old 03-09-2011, 03:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Herrsavage

I'm gonna be breaking in a Losi 454 in my DM-1 soon, and would like to have a JP-2.. Back in the day I had an LRP in my Muggy, and based on research in forums I went with the JP-2.. And it was great - though the combo was quite thirsty..

I currently have a JP-4, and from what I have seen of it on the Mach I have in the DM-1 now, I'm not impressed... I switched to the stock Losi RTR pipe from my Muggy last weekend, and it was better. But I think for these GT cars you need the most power in the mid-range.. Low-range with a 28 is no problem, and top-end is not important unless you have a quarter-mile to run on. So I want a big booming mid-range.. I know the JP-2 delivers that. Just wondering if there are others... Thanks..
JP-3 pipe is a all around pipe low to top end , my other favorite is the 053 pipe gives alot of torque
Old 03-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
Here is a clearer, cleaner pic of the Lightning.
That car says Hong Nor all over it. It is just an OFNA Ultra LX on a stretched chassis with a two speed. The Hot Bodies D8 obviously is a much more developed chassis than that. I'm sure once mfgs like Serpent jump in, Hot Bodies won't be far behind.

Last edited by YR4Dude; 03-09-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

Help!!! Anyone happen to know where I can find the OFNA DM-1 N-type body UNPAINTED?! I can't seem to find anyone that carries it. Suggestions?

Regards,

D
Old 03-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speyederjedi
Help!!! Anyone happen to know where I can find the OFNA DM-1 N-type body UNPAINTED?! I can't seem to find anyone that carries it. Suggestions?

Regards,

D
Make sure this is what you are looking for, part number 40727 clear N-type body 1/7th. Nitrohouse has it in stock.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by -R2-
Make sure this is what you are looking for, part number 40727 clear N-type body 1/7th. Nitrohouse has a it in stock.

Thanks R2, I'll check it out!

Man that sounds like a line from Star Wars. LOL!

Regards,

D
Old 03-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by -R2-
Make sure this is what you are looking for, part number 40727 clear N-type body 1/7th. Nitrohouse has a it in stock.
I think it's the one I'm looking for but unfortunately they have no picture up yet. And damn! $63.96 they're proud of that one!

Regards,

D
Old 03-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Speyederjedi
I think it's the one I'm looking for but unfortunately they have no picture up yet. And damn! $63.96 they're proud of that one!

Regards,

D
Lexan, that's a whole lot of it, expensive, the cost will be
Old 03-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Herrsavage

Lee at Winner's Circle RC highly recommends the THS 8015 pipe for that Spec 3 LRP .28 motor. I've run the pipe on my OFNA Force .28 and Picco JL Team Turbo .28 and it works great with both motors.

Regards,

D
Old 03-09-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
That car says Hong Nor all over it. It is just an OFNA Ultra LX on a stretched chassis with a two speed. The Hot Bodies D8 obviously is a much more developed chassis than that. I'm sure once mfgs like Serpent jump in, Hot Bodies won't be far behind.
Sorry dude, this was what was sold under the Hot Bodies name. Here is a link of the car as sold by Stormer Hobbies:

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...0&showbig=6809

I can see where you would say that it is an OFNA but unless OFNA made it for them, you have to assume that this is a HPI/HB produced product. However, as you can see, it was out long before the current crop of cars that we are currently running. It was put out right after OFNA came out with their Ultra GTP 1 but neither caught on back in their day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.