Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
GT class--buggy-based on road! >

GT class--buggy-based on road!

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Old 12-22-2010, 06:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
Yes sir, getting ready to launch the OFNA stuff. I can get it now, so if you need something, email me at [email protected]

BTW, we are now shipping worldwide, so if you have been waiting to order, you can do so now. The shipping calculator is not working yet, but I will email you with the correct shipping price and get your permission before processing payment.
well hopefully you get everything up on the site for the dm-1 spec it takes a lot of searching to find something you want. i know if you can get a hold of all the parts like you did for the inferno i will be ordering from you shortly.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by APexRC
Yes Dothan, Alabama
Okay. I asked due to there is a group that race somewhere in that region. There is a guy that goes by the name LadderKiller that lives in Pensacola that races either there or in the Mobile, AL area. There are a couple of guys from South Mississippi that also race with the same group that LadderKiller runs with. PM him or TeamGPT88 to get more info.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Not exactly following the the topic but GT cars in general -

here's a short update of my belt GT car: the Evolva 2-speed transmission and RRR brakes are now working and tested, Warrior body seems to fit on nicely with the Ipanema bumper installed on, too

Last edited by MikaR; 12-22-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JLock
Okay. I asked due to there is a group that race somewhere in that region. There is a guy that goes by the name LadderKiller that lives in Pensacola that races either there or in the Mobile, AL area. There are a couple of guys from South Mississippi that also race with the same group that LadderKiller runs with. PM him or TeamGPT88 to get more info.
Thanks i can use all the help i can get!
Old 12-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i live outside of montgomery area and the hobby here is not so popular...there one track here but you can only run 1/4 scale...i set up track at a old food world parking lot to practice..last i talk with TEAMGPT88 he gave me the same info in south miss....when i practice i get people stop & watch but thats all ..we really need more onroad track in southeast besides florida
Old 12-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
i live outside of montgomery area and the hobby here is not so popular...there one track here but you can only run 1/4 scale...i set up track at a old food world parking lot to practice..last i talk with TEAMGPT88 he gave me the same info in south miss....when i practice i get people stop & watch but thats all ..we really need more onroad track in southeast besides florida
They race up in Hueytown for you Montgomery guys.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
You missed the days of racing at the Bass Pro Series in Pearl, MS back about three years ago. I use to drive from Dallas, TX once a month to run with the Mississippi and Tennessee guys. That is where I met LadderKiller when he started coming up from Florida. For about three years, we had a blast running there at that series. It was just off I-20 and had hotels and food easily accessible. The local guys were a blast and the most friendly group to put on a race program (right behind MSRA in Memphis). And, they raced GT there the last year of their program (had about 15 guys running at one point). There are folks in some areas working on getting GT racing going so just keep your eyes and ears open and be ready to do a little traveling.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Speaking of traveling.....

Race Event Site:
http://infernogt.net/world/index.php

Track "Pano-View"
http://www.panographos.com/clientes/...stakyosho.html

Get ready GT racers, it doesn't get any better than this.
Is it March yet?

Last edited by Jspeed; 12-22-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Hueytown never heard of it but wanna know the info

You missed the days of racing at the Bass Pro Series in Pearl, MS back about three years ago. I use to drive from Dallas, TX once a month to run with the Mississippi and Tennessee guys. That is where I met LadderKiller when he started coming up from Florida. For about three years, we had a blast running there at that series. It was just off I-20 and had hotels and food easily accessible. The local guys were a blast and the most friendly group to put on a race program (right behind MSRA in Memphis). And, they raced GT there the last year of their program (had about 15 guys running at one point). There are folks in some areas working on getting GT racing going so just keep your eyes and ears open and be ready to do a little traveling.

cool i will keep my ears open and willing to do some traveling please keep me inform
Old 12-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MikaR

here's a short update of my belt GT car: the Evolva 2-speed transmission and RRR brakes are now working and tested, Warrior body seems to fit on nicely with the Ipanema bumper installed on, too

Hey MikaR when you get some track time i like to know how the tire wear last on rubber but that car looks great
Old 12-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikaR

i'm liking your project, but hope GT cars dont go back to true 1/8 onroad racing cant afford that type of racing
Old 12-23-2010, 01:02 AM
Tech Master

Bobbyblaze, I'm actually very interested myself and will let you know. Hopefully a bit better, it never hurts... ;-)

Jmoneym, Yeah, well the chassis itself is not the cost (at least here in the europe). It's really the rest (servos, motors, tires, fuel..). And what you get is race proven. Hence I'm not sure if the running costs will be any higher (like in the 8th scale onroad).

But I do understand what you mean. Maybe you could race such in the open class..

We are going to allow these next year in some GT races and see what will happen. Hopefully spectators will love it (faster and meaner). Anyhow after running IGT several years I'm kinda intrigued what these belt cars can do.
On the positive side we are still talking same size of cars that can use the same motors, bodies, tires and other tech, just adding a bit flavor to the mix.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Do you mean Hueytown right outside of Bham? If so thats awesome because im in Bham now and my best friend brought over ofna gtp and brushless converted gt1 inferno maclaren. All we could talk about was how we needed a track here (bham) and also down further south. I sure would like to know if there was one near by!
Old 12-23-2010, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by APexRC
Do you mean Hueytown right outside of Bham? If so thats awesome because im in Bham now and my best friend brought over ofna gtp and brushless converted gt1 inferno maclaren. All we could talk about was how we needed a track here (bham) and also down further south. I sure would like to know if there was one near by!
Yeah, a couple of my customers race in Hueytown. I will try to get some more info and post it here for you guys.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

im like hour drive from bham cool

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.