Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by williamw
Ofna makes an 086 pipe and header setup that will fit on the DM-1. The chassis requires the header to have a very tight bend, a normal offroad header will not work. The 086 pipe is an excellent all around on-road / off-road pipe.

The price is great also, less than $60.00.
Part # OFN10056

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oad-Tuned-Pipe
that is a great price for that combo
Old 10-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PCloopeyUK
Hi guys hope you don't mind me butting in but I just wondered what you thought of these for your GT's
nice bodies....when they coming out & which car is for...hoping for the dm-1s
Old 10-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Those bodies are for the short wheelbase cars, like the GT1. I have an account with DeltaPlastik and can special order any of the bodies they make. Just email me if you are interested.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PCloopeyUK
Hi guys hope you don't mind me butting in but I just wondered what you thought of these for your GT's
Several of those look pretty darned good; not sure about the wheelbase but several of those look like what I'm sure a LOT of us hope that this class won't become - which would be another class where all the bodies look like..... well..... actually.... NOTHING that ever was on the road in a GT racing enviornment......

My love for the GT class is based around the fact that the cars look like REAL cars.... not large slot cars!!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris K
Several of those look pretty darned good; not sure about the wheelbase but several of those look like what I'm sure a LOT of us hope that this class won't become - which would be another class where all the bodies look like..... well..... actually.... NOTHING that ever was on the road in a GT racing enviornment......

My love for the GT class is based around the fact that the cars look like REAL cars.... not large slot cars!!!!!!!!

Perfect.....
Old 10-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by neg
Well I have used OFNA, Alpha, IMEX and Ipanema. The Sweeps here don't seem to work that well here. An experienced driver with
them was two laps behind in both qualifiers. He then switched to Ipamema and was competitive. This past race I used Ipanema tires and the Warrior body and got the TQ and 1st in the 45 minute A Main. The traction was great in both qualifiers and during the main.

As a side note for everyone that hasn't tried the Warrior just do it and you will feel how planted the car gets. The great thing is that the more you push the better it gets. Great job Ipanema!
The weather in Puerto rico 90F deg in this weekend..., I can see how our 45deg didn't work in there few weeks earlier, please try our soon coming 50 or upcoming 55 at PR.

we will be competitive for sure.

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 10-05-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA
The weather in Puerto rico 90F deg in this weekend..., I can see how our 45deg didn't work in there few weeks earlier, please try our soon coming 50 or upcoming 55 at PR.

we will be competitive for sure.
Sure thing, the shore of the tires should help him a lot. I'm sure that for the next race he goes to he will have a better selection of shores. I don't know exactly what shores he had. But like you said the shores play a major part in how the car handles the entire race or qualifier.

I use 45 and even 40s during the early qualifiers but for the mains I used 50 all around. The track temps were 115 to 120degs during the qualifiers. I finished the first qualifier with 134deg in the fronts and 130deg in the rear, the same in the second, so I wasn't too far of in the shores at least during the 5 minutes qualifiers. The thing is that we race 45 minutes A Mains so everyone needs to go up to keep consistent laps and the track is hotter in the afternoon.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=Chris K;8025269]Several of those look pretty darned good; not sure about the wheelbase but several of those look like what I'm sure a LOT of us hope that this class won't become - which would be another class where all the bodies look like..... well..... actually.... NOTHING that ever was on the road in a GT racing enviornment......

Ok, interesting comment....I've attached some pics of some Real GT cars, the 1st one is the Saleen S7R which won the GT1 Class at this year Le Mans, the 2nd I'm sure you'll know but notice the car behind, It's the Lola Aston Martin which is represented by the 1st body shell in my original post, lastly is the mazda that raced in the American GT series.
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-lmgt1-winner-larbre-competition-saleen-s7r-antsphoto.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-corvette-c6r-le-mans-2010.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-almsmonterey08_23.jpg  
Old 10-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Quote: Originally Posted by PCloopeyUK Hi guys hope you don't mind me butting in but I just wondered what you thought of these for your GT's Several of those look pretty darned good; not sure about the wheelbase but several of those look like what I'm sure a LOT of us hope that this class won't become - which would be another class where all the bodies look like..... well..... actually.... NOTHING that ever was on the road in a GT racing enviornment...... My love for the GT class is based around the fact that the cars look like REAL cars.... not large slot cars!!!!!!!! __________________ Midwest RC - internet home of the Ultimate Racing League http://www.midwestrc.net A more focused answer to message boards! Come join us!
1 Chris, I bought a GT because I like GT cars. I hope more licensed GT bodies are on the horizon, some Porsches, new Ferraris, Lamborghini's, Maserati's, Nissan, Toyota etc.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

"GT" production cars...
No one off prototypes....

I think there is a rule for that,like there has to be so many of that car produced to the public that can be verified as production cars.I forget what the number is..
Old 10-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raman
1 Chris, I bought a GT because I like GT cars. I hope more licensed GT bodies are on the horizon, some Porsches, new Ferraris, Lamborghini's, Maserati's, Nissan, Toyota etc.
From what I have been told, licensing is what is holding up the production of new bodies for r/c. You have to go through brokers and fees are not cheap. So, don't hold your breathe waiting on new bodies; it will be a long time for some of what you mentioned to come out if any will.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

[QUOTE=PCloopeyUK;8029778]

Ok, interesting comment....I've attached some pics of some Real GT cars, the 1st one is the Saleen S7R which won the GT1 Class at this year Le Mans, the 2nd I'm sure you'll know but notice the car behind, It's the Lola Aston Martin which is represented by the 1st body shell in my original post, lastly is the mazda that raced in the American GT series.
The Saleen S7R is a possibility but the prototype in the third pic, not so much. Chassis structure/configuration would probably prevent that.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Personally I would love a 4th gen F-body, preferably a Trans Am!

Old 10-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

i would like to have the cadilac cts-v coupe body
Old 10-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
Quote: Originally Posted by Raman 1 Chris, I bought a GT because I like GT cars. I hope more licensed GT bodies are on the horizon, some Porsches, new Ferraris, Lamborghini's, Maserati's, Nissan, Toyota etc. From what I have been told, licensing is what is holding up the production of new bodies for r/c. You have to go through brokers and fees are not cheap. So, don't hold your breathe waiting on new bodies; it will be a long time for some of what you mentioned to come out if any will. __________________ Arguing with an ignorant person is like being a dog chasing its tail, once you catch it, what do you do with it???? The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
You're stating what is the obvious.... Licensing is costly and a lengthy process, we all are well aware of that.

As far as holding things up, I'm assuming you're talking about the local small guy who makes hop ups. They would obviously be out of their minds to seek licensing.

My point as well as Timmo and Chris is in reference to the big boys such as Kyosho, HPI, Tamiya. The latter two are not presently in the GT game, but Kyosho still is, at least for the time being! As for licensing...well Kyosho already has every manufacturer covered, just look at the MiniZ collection.... Every month they kick out 5 additional bodies! So what better way to capitalise on the money they have already dished out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.