Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ok im planning to get another dm-1 to run electric class & igt2 for spec class...i love the gt cars and seeing alot of offroad guys converting

not trying to start any negative talk but just opinions and reason on spec class..i know it suppose to keep cost down...the igt & dm-1 comes rtr both have .28 engines are very good... all see is to change radio, receiver & servos i would think...on the gt national thread some of the guys upset on list of engines..

why can't we keep it simple just run the engine came with the car? again just wanna keep this positive
Old 07-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

From what I have read the Force .28 is a very strong engine compared to the GXR .28. I would buy a force .28 if I had to make a choice, but never the Kyosho GXR. I think thats why most of the tracks and race promotors have a list to chose from.

The guys in Mexico have settled on the OS .21 VG because of the quality.

The GXR is not made for racing, ask the guys who had no choice how many they blew up on a regular basis after only a short time.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BigMiles
Big props to PCH! They didn't have the biggest selection but they had the gear I needed. They will re-stock in less than a week.
I just tried to call them with no luck ...
Old 07-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Twisted_Metal
I just tried to call them with no luck ...
What do you need?
Old 07-14-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by williamw
The GXR is not made for racing, ask the guys who had no choice how many they blew up on a regular basis after only a short time.
Heck, mine blew up during break-in....
Old 07-14-2010, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mcsquish
lol ok so when i do get igt2 and change the engine do i need to chane the motor mounts?
Old 07-14-2010, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

no. just the engine itself, everything else included.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
nice job on the flames .....jspeed do ya plan to make your premount wheels black?
Our wheels are available to our dealers on "special order" in white, black, orange and yellow, but its up to our dealers.

Thanks for the Warrior props, but its not mine (I wish it was ).
It belongs to a good friend in Puerto Rico. Was told it would be racing at the "Copa Latina" event this weekend. Good luck Hilton!
Old 07-15-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Cool

Yikes!
Old 07-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

Somebody please explain why adding high-quality low-cost (<$200) engines to Spec is a bad idea? This class would be bigger and better without engine prohibition.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

$200 not bad but now you can buy engine and pipe combo for around $250-$290..like Alpha ,GO & the new picco boost ...companies now making high dollar performance engines where it won't hurt the pocket also the engines run turbo plugs & .21 size....i know this is onroad but on the offroad thread there alot of new companies and dealer selling engines with pipes combos cheap plus some of the dealers breakin for nothing...something to look at
Old 07-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Tech Regular

Oh boy, here we go again!
Old 07-15-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by williamw
Oh boy, here we go again!
Old 07-15-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
$200 not bad but now you can buy engine and pipe combo for around $250-$290..like Alpha ,GO & the new picco boost ...companies now making high dollar performance engines where it won't hurt the pocket also the engines run turbo plugs & .21 size....i know this is onroad but on the offroad thread there alot of new companies and dealer selling engines with pipes combos cheap plus some of the dealers breakin for nothing...something to look at
The question becomes, "Where do you stop?" I did some research and there are at least 40 to 50 engines out there that fit the "$200 limit" range. Which ones do you allow and which ones you don't? Which ones perform better than the others? Who will tech all these engines to see if someone altered the internals at a major event? These are just a few questions to ask yourself.

Please, lets not get this engine debate started again. If you were in Mexico City racing GT, there is just one spec engine, the OS .21vg, period. There is no room for argument or debate there. You either run that engine or you don't run at all. When I got started racing GT in Mississippi and Memphis, TN, Kyosho was the only legal car. If you had an OFNA or converted buggy, it was too bad for you because you could not run them. Also, even with the Kyosho, in Mississippi, you had to run the stock engine, period. The race director relaxed those rules later and allowed a few others engines. In Memphis however, you had to run the Kyosho car with stock engine, no exceptions. It was their venue, they made the rules, and for us that went there to race, we either conformed or did not race GT.

The rules are clear on this. You can't keep changing what is and isn't allowed constantly throughout the racing season just because this person or that faction runs this or has that. Making constant changes confuses racers and eventually runs them off, thus helping to kill the class. Let's make it through the first season of racing under Ipanema sponsored race banner and in the off-season, things will be examined and re-evaluated for next year as far as what will and will not be allowed (legal).
Old 07-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

not trying knock your rules or cause a fuss here all i was sayinv there are companies making affordable engine ...no need to get upset

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.