Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im wih you ... but one thing is for sure, current .21 engines on SPEC list are mainly OFFROAD engines. Novarossi its suppose to launch an engine "made for" GT Class "ONROAD", so obviously people spec more power over a "spec" engine ... come on ... SPEC for offroad engine and offroad its not the same, rpms ranges, line of power, etc are not the same ...

For me, GT Class have to remain on the offroad side of engines to be used, even on OPEN class ... where even if you buy the more expensive engine for offroading, will not be a humoungous difference in power v/s a cheaper one, but in onroad world its quite difference ...

Just my $ .00002

Pato

Originally Posted by JLock
I have a question. Why is there this big push to add this new 3-port Novarossi engine to the spec engine list? Since GT1 is open to run any engine, you can buy it and run it in that class all day long. But again, why the big push to muscle it into the spec listing? RB products, which also makes two good 3-port engines (Sport 10 and Junior 9), are similar in price to the Novarossi with similar specs and anyone can make an argument to include them as well. Dynamite has about 6 more engines that could be included to the listing that fit the spec engine criteria. In my opinion, the big push for including just the Novarossi will start the bitching game of why an engine that someone else is more comfortable using that meets the current spec engine criteria is not on the list. A decision needs to be made, either add the engine to the list now or wait until next year and add it when the listing will probably need to be re-evaluated and updated anyway due to engines being discontinued, current list engines being updated, or new ones being introduced to the market. All of this back and forth about including this engine is getting old.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Let's keep it positive and continue moving forward for the GT class.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
I like that attitude!
Old 05-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Suspended

Guys,

There is race coming up this weekend at the Kissimmee, FL Track. Trying to get as many people as possible to race some 1/8 Scale GT. If you can make it check out the Kissimmee track thread.

Best Regards,

Paul
Old 05-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Speaking of engines for our "GT" class,has anyone seen these yet!!
Who said Novarossi hasn't made engines for our class.
We all know that the FLASH .21 and KANGAROO .21 for onroad racing are the top dogs.
What do you think these will do for our "GT" cars.....

These things must be insane!!

FLASH .21RALLY:

KANGAROO .21RALLY

Old 05-10-2010, 09:02 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tonight is the first time for me to look at this thread. Is there anypictures of these cars (like a losi 8ight) that I can look at or watch? What buggies do u convert to inroad? Tires? Rubber or foam. Bodies? Where r they or who makes them.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Kyosho GT2, Ofna DM-1, Ofna Ultra GTP 2, and Thunder Tiger EB4 S-3 Rally Game or ER-1 are the only cars available from the quality companies. These use a two speed tranny which is flat awesome when you hear a 1/8 car SHIFT gears. LOL.

Check each manufacturers website for pics or go to amainhobbies to see pics also. On youtube just type in Kyosho GT2 and you'll get tons of vids. Currently I'm sourcing parts to fit a 2-speed on a Losi truggy chassis which will use buggy suspension parts and a Kyosho body shell or the Protoform PF8-GT or Ipanema Warrior body shell. It's taking longer than I hoped but I will make it happen. LOL.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:42 PM

Do u have to have a 2 speed tranny? Losi 8ight t chassis a d a losi dirt oval kit would work right?
Old 05-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Yea that's what I'm trying for. My old 1.0 truggy chassis with L8ight model parts. That's not the hard part. The hard part is finding whose tranny will fit the best without modifying the chassis. I have some other two speeds to order to test fit. So far the ones I've tried could work with lots more money and lots more custom parts. But that's not what I'm aiming for. I'd like to get everything to fit without custom this and that ya know?
Old 05-10-2010, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by air8
Yea that's what I'm trying for. My old 1.0 truggy chassis with L8ight model parts. That's not the hard part. The hard part is finding whose tranny will fit the best without modifying the chassis. I have some other two speeds to order to test fit. So far the ones I've tried could work with lots more money and lots more custom parts. But that's not what I'm aiming for. I'd like to get everything to fit without custom this and that ya know?
will the center diff work from a gt1 vett or a ofan?? use the hole center diff and mounts i got and old losi 8ight t chassis i dont need. i wonder if i could make one brushless???
Old 05-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by air8
Maybe don't even worry about the 2-speed, build it with one of those Rally Game Hot-Rod engines Timmo just posted and run in the Open class.

That's how they roll in Europe, might work fine here in the USA too.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:16 AM

Default gt2

If you use a losi 8ight chassis wont that be too long??
If
Old 05-11-2010, 03:19 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Maybe don't even worry about the 2-speed, build it with one of those Rally Game Hot-Rod engines Timmo just posted and run in the Open class.

That's how they roll in Europe, might work fine here in the USA too.
I think this will be my last resort option. I've talked with a few guys who have given me suggestions. They say they do ok with the Losi being run as stock, but they do feel they give up a little performance to the other cars. But since it's all in fun it was no big deal to them. I might end up with single speed but I'd sure like to give the 2-speed a try

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77
If you use a losi 8ight chassis wont that be too long??
If
It will be the same length as the previous Kyosho Inferno GT right before the GT2.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
Pit,

I have been trying to keep things positive. However, this thing with the Novarossi engine should scale back until the testing and evaluation is done and word from Jspeed comes down on whether or not this new Nova engine will be added. But, I get slammed by some newbie to the forum on his very first post.

The only thing I can say is where was all this support 3+ years ago when Jspeed and Ipanema was trying to get the class off the ground. OFNA did not give their support, Kyosho barely gave theirs, I don't remember Novarossi stepping to the plate then, and even the Florida group that Jspeed raced with was lukewarm on the GT racing idea. It is amazing that after Jspeed did all the work to put the Ipanema GT World Championship race together and it was more successful than many figured, now everyone wants to pledge their support and loyalty to the class. Yes, the same class that they shunned for the past several years.

I have supported this class since I was asked to enter it on the request of Bvoltz when he was running the Bass Pro Series in Jackson, MS. Bvoltz figured that with an experienced racer running the car, this might get others who were on the fence about it to buy one and try it out. Plus, learning the car would give them someone to get advice and setup tips on the car. It worked to the point that Bass Pro had almost 20 racers running the car at one time (the 2nd biggest class running behind stock electric touring). I traded my Kyosho Evolva 03 just to get a GT car. I got the GT2 when it hit the my local hobby shop. I have raced my car in many parts of the country and even took it with me to show and practice run in other areas to try to peak interest in the car and class. I have supported this class as much as anyone over all the other forms of racing that I do. I even tried to get this class going last year in the statewide onroad series in Texas, putting some rules together and giving my full support to the class. So yes, I take offense to someone who slams me without knowing me or some of what I have done to try to help this class grow and keep it going.

I will try to keep it positive as much as I can whenever I decide to post back on this thread again. I just wanted to clear the air about the postings from yesterday. I am just concerned that trying to do too much too soon could hurt the class more than help it. I have been around long enough to see many good classes get killed off by rushing to judgments about doing this or doing that, thinking it would help the class only to swifty hasten the demise of the class.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Tech Adept

With the proposed ROAR rules the car I built is a car my car may not be legal it is a shaft driven car I just converted a dm-1 to the jammin truggy chasis so a lot of folks have done it so will it force us to buy a production kit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.