Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 12:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by adelossantos
Hat's off to you Steve.. let's keep the story straight, no mention at all in redrc about drivers from Chile, Peru, Mexico who made an important effort and economic spending to be there.
My bad, I didn't mention the long trips made by everyone else, but thanks for helping me out. I know Jeff would say that this was all about you guys who traveled so far to race GT cars. In fact, I think he said the trophy for the longest trip went to a driver from Chile. Next time I won't have to hear about the race because I'll be there. Stay cool.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Need help.

Hoping someone on our thread can provide me an online store in the US that sells pre-mounts or not; radial tires with mesh or spoked wheels.

Thanks for the help.
From what I have seen (I am just getting into the class) that either Winnerscircle or Bruckner hobbies have a selection, but I don't think I have seen any on a multi-spoke wheel. The Impanema come on a mesh though, which I will be getting.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I think Jeff and Ipanema set out to do what they wanted to do for this class.And they did it very well.They will be remembered as the pioneers for 1/8 scale "GT" racing.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

i just want to say thanks to Jeff and all the people involved in to the event , we the guys from Mexico had a great time.

We had been racing Inferno GT since November 2007 , when no body believe in the class an we had very hard times making the class a reality.

For now we are running our third championship in Mexico in a row with very nice revenue to the class with an average of 30 racers on each date, we run once a month. and we have develop a nice site for results pictures and points for the championship. infernogt dot net

We need to keep the Inferno GT class very simple so new racers can join and not to spend a lot of money to be competitive that is the point for this class , if you want more speed there is a bunch of classes like 200mm sedans or 1/8 scale.

I hope to see you all at our track in Mexico City and a bunch of sponsors interested in doing it, because the RC is on both sides Races, Organizers and Factories, we must stay together in order to have better results. I really hope to see that we are not alone doing the next race.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Good morning Victor.
I'm glad to see you guys back home safe.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you Timmo , yes we did and we had a wonderful time at Homestead, see you on the next one
Old 03-24-2010, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rpespo
J you did a great job getting to the A main. If I couldn't race against you, I was happy to help you out. Sorry I couldn't be more help with the mechanical issues, you were having a great race.
Thanks man. Hey, the mechanical failure stuff was something that happened and neither of us could have expected or fixed quickly. But, I will have my car fixed to where it can be started on a starter box the next time! I appreciate all the help you gave me in pitting my car; you had me in and out quickly and was smooth with it.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vbabani
i just want to say thanks to Jeff and all the people involved in to the event , we the guys from Mexico had a great time.

We had been racing Inferno GT since November 2007 , when no body believe in the class an we had very hard times making the class a reality.

For now we are running our third championship in Mexico in a row with very nice revenue to the class with an average of 30 racers on each date, we run once a month. and we have develop a nice site for results pictures and points for the championship. infernogt dot net

We need to keep the Inferno GT class very simple so new racers can join and not to spend a lot of money to be competitive that is the point for this class , if you want more speed there is a bunch of classes like 200mm sedans or 1/8 scale.

I hope to see you all at our track in Mexico City and a bunch of sponsors interested in doing it, because the RC is on both sides Races, Organizers and Factories, we must stay together in order to have better results. I really hope to see that we are not alone doing the next race.
Congratulations Victor!!!

Se quedaron con el ojo cuadrado cuando vieron como manejan los pilotos mexicanos! A poco no? Por poco y se llevan el campeonato... para la proxima ojala y sea en el Ajusco

Saludos desde Chicago
Old 03-24-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you Gonzo RR, you already know our track and you know how we are doing the things in Mexico City so you must transmit the messege to then.

I was impressed when i talk to most of the guys there how they are following us and they already knew about the track and web site of the Inferno GT in Mexico.

Thank again to all of you that made this happen.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Thank you Gonzo RR, you already know our track and you know how we are doing the things in Mexico City so you must transmit the messege to then.

I was impressed when i talk to most of the guys there how they are following us and they already knew about the track and web site of the Inferno GT in Mexico.

Thank again to all of you that made this happen.
Yes!!! the track at El Ajusco in Mexico is just awesome!!! World Class facility no question about that... just so everyone gets an idea, they even have marshalls so drivers don't have to marshall after they race. Isn't that great? and that's just to give an example on how the scene is there. I had a great time at the Bicentenario race in Feb. Mexican drivers have skills! I got smoked lol

I would love for the next 2011 GT world championship to take place in Mexico. I will do everything I can to promote this. I have great pics from the track I will show to everyone.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

I would first like to congratulate everyone that attended the race, and specially the Homestead crew for and excellent organization, I can imagine how good the 1/8 scale on-road worlds will be. The new layout is great im sure we have one of the best tracks in the U.S. now. I wasnt expecting to have so much fun last weekend. I have to say that when I bought the car my intentions were to use it just for the race and sell it then, but after racing it I have decided to keep the car, which I think is an excellent class much cheaper and durable than any other class I've raced, that will bring new people into the hobby and most important help them stay in it which is exactly what we need. I do think there is a need of coming up with rules so that when another race comes in the US or anywhere else in the wolrd we all have the right equipment.

Basic Rules like:

Minimum weight.
Maximum amount of ports for the engine and cc.
Approved bodies, and size for openings.
Maximum car width
Maximum CC for fuel tank.
Approved tires or minimum specs for tires.

Also I would like to thank Joaquin Desoto (father and son) for all their help, Roniel, and Junior Castellanos for and excellent pit job, Sandro Diez for letting me borrow some parts like la bala de plata, all the Peruvian Crew, and Jeff Vargas for the tires and putting together this race.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Adept

Translation from my post

Primero que nada quisiera felicitar a todos los que participaron de este evento y muy en especial a las personas a cargo de la pista por una exelente organizacion, me puedo imaginar lo bien que saldra el mundial de 1/8 pista el proximo anio. El nuevo trazado de la pista esta muy bueno y estoy seguro que ahora tenemos uno de los mejores circuitos de los Estados Unidos. no esperaba divertirme tanto el fin de semana. Debo decir que compre el carro con la intesion de correrlo ese fin de semana y luego venderlo pero la verdad despues de a carrera decidi quedarmelo por que pienso que es un carro mas barato y durable que cualquier otra clase que he corrido y que traera nueva gente al hobby y lo mas importante les permitira quedarse en el. Sin embargo pienso que hay la necesidad de poner reglas para la categoria que permitan que cuando se realice otra carrera sea en Estados Unidos o en cualquier parte del mundo, todos tengan el equipo correcto y no se den sorpresas.

Reglas Basicas como:

Peso minimo
Maximo numero de puertos en el motor y cubicaje
Carrocerias aprobadas y como abrirlas
Maximo ancho del carro
Cubicaje maximo del tanque.
Llantas aprobadas o specificaciones minimas

Quisiera tambien agradecer a Joaquin Desoto (padre e hijo) por toda su ayuda, Roniel y Junior Castellanos por su exelente ayuda en los pits, Sandro Diez por prestarme partes como la bala de plata, a todo el equipo Peruano y a Jeff Vargas por las llantas y por llevar a cabo la carrera

La comida tambien fue muy buena gracias a la familia Wong.

Rino Lino.

Xtreme Racing Fuel
RPM Hobbies.
Serpent America.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:30 AM
Suspended

Whats up GT racers. Man that was a great event. Thanks again Jeff Vargas and Ipanema Sports, Doug and the Homestead Crew for making it happen. The track was great with its technical infield and mile long straight away.
I ended up blowing my engine in the last 30 seconds of the GT2 Spec Main and I wanted to put up some pictures of it. The engine is an OFNA Force 28 that I have had since GTs were racing in the Forgass Series (Hopefully the GT cars can get back into that series). The engine has had a few gallons through it but it still had great pop, top end, and good gas mileage. I had a choice to run the V-spec in the GT1 Class but the Force was just performing better. When I flamed out in the pits in the Open class I decided to just save the car from the abuse of trying to catch up to Joaquin.
By the way Joaquin Congrats on your win and it was great to meet you and your father. I look forward to talking with both of you more on promoting the class and cutting some weight off of your car. Congrats to David Ortiz (you are fast man) and I look forward to seeing you guys at the next event.
As far as the GT2 Spec A-Main the engine had consistent power the whole 45 min. It was great because the power was always there even up to the end.
Attached are the engine pics
With 30 seconds left in the race I hit the halfway point on the straight the engine just died. I thought I lost but luckily the engine gave me enough of a lead to hang on for the win.
I was running a R5 OS plug that still works. The head did not show signs of pitting which would signify running lean. By the look of the failure it was due to fatigue fracture at the location pointed out with the screwdriver.
The front bearing cover was melted but the front and rear bearings felt ok (not much play).
Anyway that was my best engine ever so its going on the mantle.
There will be a DVD available of the event. I would expect it out in a month and a half.
Huge thanks to Dave “Super Dave” Warr of ELITE PERFORMANCE. He was turning 4.5 second pit stops in the GT2 Spec A- Main. He supplied all of the Byron’s Fuel as well as parts for both cars. Thanks man.
Thanks to Ryan with Byron Fuel for supporting the event and making a racing winning fuel.
I will see you guys at the next race.
Paul Roberts
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-dsc_2581.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-dsc_2587.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-dsc_2588.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-dsc_2583.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-dsc_2584.jpg  

Old 03-24-2010, 10:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Last edited by *1speedy; 09-30-2011 at 10:53 AM. Reason: ,
Old 03-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Victor, it was a pleasure meeting you. I am glad to know you made it back to your home safely.

Thank you so much for getting so many quality pilots from Mexico to come race at Homestead. Those guys are fast, and so are you!

I hope I can visit you in Mexico next year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.