Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
GT class--buggy-based on road! >

GT class--buggy-based on road!

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Old 09-14-2009, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Shamu, Try the Kyosho KC45 carbon/plastic shoes, they come with the new spring. It's lighter than the aluminum shoes, has slightly higher "stall-speed", smoother lock-up and lasts a while too.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Shamu, Try the Kyosho KC45 carbon/plastic shoes, they come with the new spring. It's lighter than the aluminum shoes, has slightly higher "stall-speed", smoother lock-up and lasts a while too.
As Jspeed says, this is a great clutch - it's what I decided to try before I went to a 3 shoe and I've never seen the need. It's low maintenance and works well - just as it did 'back in the day' when we ran this combination in Kyosho vehicles in off road.

IF I remember correctly, I used the blue spring but don't hold me to it!
Old 09-15-2009, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well,

I just upgraded my DM ONE (long chassis) with front and rear traditional suspension. I do really like the feel of the chassis on the track, but i need more time to set it up.

Last sunday racing was the worse time in years lol !!, after some setup changes i managed to get directly into the A-Main (7 top drivers, 3 bump up structure) on last position but confident about doing a good race.

Now, this is the only part of "being nice at the track" that i hate. Im using a small flywheel to help my 7 port engine to spool up faster, so no other start box on the field gets into my chassis as my start box its a little modified for the rubber gets deeper into the chassis and get into the flywheel ... but, my start box do serves all other guys no problem, the thing is that couple other racers with starter box problems asked mine and by the time of the a-main, i do get my car to the pit line and booom, no batteries on my starter box nor my glow plug ignitors (2) ... so, short history i was not able to race the a-main as i ended without a box for my car engine start lol !!! ... i always repeat my self to put a limit in this kind of help you give to fellow racers, as obviously i hate when this things happens lol !!

Anyway, here are couple pics of my suspension setup lol !!! :

cya !!

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Old 09-15-2009, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Well,

I just upgraded my DM ONE (long chassis) with front and rear traditional suspension. I do really like the feel of the chassis on the track, but i need more time to set it up.

Last sunday racing was the worse time in years lol !!, after some setup changes i managed to get directly into the A-Main (7 top drivers, 3 bump up structure) on last position but confident about doing a good race.

Now, this is the only part of "being nice at the track" that i hate. Im using a small flywheel to help my 7 port engine to spool up faster, so no other start box on the field gets into my chassis as my start box its a little modified for the rubber gets deeper into the chassis and get into the flywheel ... but, my start box do serves all other guys no problem, the thing is that couple other racers with starter box problems asked mine and by the time of the a-main, i do get my car to the pit line and booom, no batteries on my starter box nor my glow plug ignitors (2) ... so, short history i was not able to race the a-main as i ended without a box for my car engine start lol !!! ... i always repeat my self to put a limit in this kind of help you give to fellow racers, as obviously i hate when this things happens lol !!

Anyway, here are couple pics of my suspension setup lol !!! :

cya !!

Pato Concha
Southamerica
I know how you feel. We all have a race day every now and again where nothing seems to go right. It stinks when it happens but usually the next race day makes up for the bad one.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

Default Thats what talking slick gets U!!!

Originally Posted by JLock
This is not going to get good because I will not be pulled into any tit-for-tat posting rant by BiggDogg33. I am a pretty decent racer and never claimed to light the racing world on fire. I just made a comment to tbo713 which Jspeed put an end to because it is his race, his rules. I will keep my postings to informing fellow racers and helping them if they have issues with their cars that I may have already experienced and found a solution.
So now remember that u arent Jspeed let Jspeed handle his own because I talk to Jspeed often and im from 301raceway and I know Jspeed shoots from the hips and really dont mean any harm thats just that NY style but for you to back him up on things riding the pony be able to hold your own first,we all love the GT class and we sacrifice for it too but dont jump out there because we race these monsters as if they are 10th and 8th scale on-road cars believe that!!! but no-hard feelings though just letting you know that we mean business and see you at the race in 2010!!!

p,s. WE WILL USE RUBBER TIRES TOO SINCE FOAMS ARE TO ADVANCED FOR SOME PEOPLE!!!!! (DESCENT RACER HUH) LMAO!!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

ChrisK, you gotta love that KC45

Patricio, had a friend mess up my starter box during a race once too. I try to not let anyone touch it on race days anymore. If someone needs a "bump", I do it for them.

What's up Big Dog!
Its all good, rubber tires are gonna be your best friend, give it a try & keep the faith. Hope to see all the fast guys next March!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I hate to get involved in this but can you explain how foams are "too advanced"?
Old 09-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rpespo
I hate to get involved in this but can you explain how foams are "too advanced"?

Not trying to create a fight here, but i would like that explanation too.

In 1/10th nitro sedan FOAM its way more agressive and best option for racing, but at least in my country we tested a lot different foam tires and the performance v/s rubber on GT Class was poor.

cya,

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Old 09-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

For the foam vs rubber debate....

At our GT race we'll be running at least 1 round of qualifiers on Friday, 4 on Saturday, 1 on Sunday and all the "mains"; including 45 to maybe even 60 minute "A Mains" in both classes. That's going to be a whole lotta wheel time + a bunch of open track practice time too.

Rubber is your friend, all of our GT cars will make the rubber traction groove and traction for us will be "animal".
Old 09-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

There is going to be some serious competition going on at this race.

This event will expose the top "GT" cars and drivers to the world.

"Gentlemen,start your engines..."

Old 09-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jspeed
For the foam vs rubber debate....

At our GT race we'll be running at least 1 round of qualifiers on Friday, 4 on Saturday, 1 on Sunday and all the "mains"; including 45 to maybe even 60 minute "A Mains" in both classes. That's going to be a whole lotta wheel time + a bunch of open track practice time too.

Rubber is your friend, all of our GT cars will make the rubber traction groove and traction for us will be "animal".

WOW, thats a very aggressive schedule Jeff !!! ... wish you the best on put this event in the air, specially when its 100% GT.

As far as i see, if i manage to attend, i have to forget to go back to Chile on sunday lol ... with that schedule will be night time finals ...

3rd objective : Attend the race
2nd Objective : Not break the car and get at least in the top 500 spot lol !!
1st objective : Have a hell of a great weekend with all crazy GT Class drivers !!! (we are very rare animals for the rest of RC racers).

cya !

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Old 09-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Im hearing alot about the Big GT race in Florida next year hope everything goes as planned. I had a Dm-1 but it was kinda hard running two classses so I sold it. Now that the class seems to be growing even more I decided to get back in. I recently bought a inferno GT2 and a blackhawk transmission. I would like to know if any can tell me what car the clutchbell comes off. I need to get another.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ALMS FAN
Im hearing alot about the Big GT race in Florida next year hope everything goes as planned. I had a Dm-1 but it was kinda hard running two classses so I sold it. Now that the class seems to be growing even more I decided to get back in. I recently bought a inferno GT2 and a blackhawk transmission. I would like to know if any can tell me what car the clutchbell comes off. I need to get another.
Welcome to the darkside!

Try the Inferno GT Proboards forum for all your IGT needs.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default Keep out!!!!

Originally Posted by rpespo
This remark doesnt concern you so please stay on the outside of this convo!!!! This remark was made because it was told that rubber tire might be to diffucult for someone else to use!!!! Thank you!!! A-B-N C ur self out of this one!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Default Hard headed!!!

Originally Posted by ALMS FAN
I already told
you!!! well I dont think ill help you no-more!!!!! CHUCK!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.