Old 01-17-2009, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i love this thead
Old 01-17-2009, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Foxxrocket
What's the part number of those bearings? I want to replace the stock brushings on the 2 speed transmission.
it requires a 6x12x4 bearing. I usually have the TRA5117 in stock but I am currently out of them. They should be back in stock soon.

Lee
Old 01-17-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Dose Kyosho supply those kinds of bearings, or will I have to find another supplier, like acer racing?
Old 01-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dose Kyosho supply those kinds of bearings, or will I have to find another supplier, like acer racing?
Good question and I have no answer. I have gotten the Traxxas bearings because they are inexpensive = $5 for 2 bearings. I am sure you can get this size from a lot of different sources.

Lee
Old 01-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Kyosho has those bearings & the size of them are commonly used on a lot of cars by other manufactures so they will be easy to find & acer has them
Old 01-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Great I'll add that to my list, when I go to my LHS.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

I had issues putting the same bearings to my GT2 tranny that I used in my GT1. I also tried several different bearings that I had used. Based on this I'd say there's a slight difference in the axle width. Given this, I'd say the gears are more tight and there's less need for bearings there. Bushings will do their job fine.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MiamizFinest
Hey timmo what part of south florida are you in?
Broward county..
Old 01-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikaR
I had issues putting the same bearings to my GT2 tranny that I used in my GT1. I also tried several different bearings that I had used. Based on this I'd say there's a slight difference in the axle width. Given this, I'd say the gears are more tight and there's less need for bearings there. Bushings will do their job fine.
From what I've read, the bushings on the IGT2 are in question. Maybe I'm just being peranoid, but I'd like to have the bearings handy.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Try bocabearings.com They have a huge selection and good prices. Got engine bearings for the GXR .28 from them. Cheaper than Kyosho and shipped fast too!
Old 01-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
Sorry to ask this Jlock, ..... I'm looking for a confirmation.

When you say "SPEC", is this also means : We have to use only PERFEX radio system and PERFEX servos ? Are adjustable titanium turnbuckles ok to use for steering servo link ?

Thanks J.
J,

The "spec" rules that I have run in Memphis and Jackson are slightly different. In Memphis, you can change the radio gear, add a rechargable RX pack, change the shock and diff oils, add sway bars and turnbuckles (Kyosho brand only), and change tires, but the chassis, engine, and basic car had to be straight out of the box (ie: no milling of the chassis or drilling extra holes for adjustments that can't be done straight out of the box). In Jackson, MS, the rules are the same except race management has allowed us to change the engine. However, the engine has to come from the list of approved ones that race management chose (the engines were less than $180). But, if you wanted to run the box stock radio gear in Memphis, that was fine and if you wanted to run the box stock radio gear and engine in Jackson, that was fine too. So, I had to have the box stock engine for Memphis and chose an approved engine to run in Jackson. Both places decided not to do an "open" class to do the mods that many of you have done to help keep the class from becoming money pits like many of the other classes have become.

Spec class is what you make of it but there have to be some limiting rules or else things will get out of hand and then participation will diminish quickly because many will not have the resources or funds to keep up with the top individuals that do have both.

Juan
Old 01-18-2009, 01:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JLock
J,

The "spec" rules that I have run in Memphis and Jackson are slightly different. In Memphis, you can change the radio gear, add a rechargable RX pack, change the shock and diff oils, add sway bars and turnbuckles (Kyosho brand only), and change tires, but the chassis, engine, and basic car had to be straight out of the box (ie: no milling of the chassis or drilling extra holes for adjustments that can't be done straight out of the box). In Jackson, MS, the rules are the same except race management has allowed us to change the engine. However, the engine has to come from the list of approved ones that race management chose (the engines were less than $180). But, if you wanted to run the box stock radio gear in Memphis, that was fine and if you wanted to run the box stock radio gear and engine in Jackson, that was fine too. So, I had to have the box stock engine for Memphis and chose an approved engine to run in Jackson. Both places decided not to do an "open" class to do the mods that many of you have done to help keep the class from becoming money pits like many of the other classes have become.

Spec class is what you make of it but there have to be some limiting rules or else things will get out of hand and then participation will diminish quickly because many will not have the resources or funds to keep up with the top individuals that do have both.

Juan
Thank you Juan. It's been fun reading some pages in GT class thread. I like the idea of keeping the cost affordable, and be very fair and square in regards to engine and hop up options. So driver with the best driving skills and the best car setup can win the race. Most importantly, everyone who participate in race can enjoy the race.... a happy race day. No feeling of paying too much for the hobby, and no envy feeling looking at other people car's hop up option or engine.

Good luck friend.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:23 AM
wwoodruff

Default What engines are on the list?

Hi Juan, I am curious, what engines are on the list?

Old 01-18-2009, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwoodruff
Hi Juan, I am curious, what engines are on the list?
The engines on the "spec" list for the Jackson, MS Bass Pro race is as follows:

1. OS .21VG-X, part # OSMG 2059
2. Sportwerks .26 V2 pull start, part # SWK 8085
3. Dynamite Mach .26 pull start, part # DYN 0887
4. Dynamite Mach 427 pull start, part # DYN 0895 (new proposed for 2009)
5. OFNA Force .28 pull start, part #52217 (new proposed for 2009)
6. Axial .28 spec 1s pull start, part #AX001 (green), part #AX002 (black) (new proposed for 2009)

All of the engines are low cost and can be found or obtained by most hobby shops. The Sportwerks engine has been discontinued by the manufacturer but since you can still obtain it, it will be included until parts for it are unobtainable.

Juan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.