Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
GT class--buggy-based on road! >

GT class--buggy-based on road!

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Old 10-23-2008, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Francis M.
UMM, seems like you want to keep harping on budget but want to open up the expense book on tires....
Where's the expence, people will choose the tires that work best for them. A spec tire rule in this new GT class will be great for one company and will shut all the rest out. I thought that is what the other manufacturers of GT chassis were against and seen as "unfair" when tracks only had Kyosho Inferno GT class, correct?

Also, who & why would one tire be chosen or all? Would it be on the basis on a product's merit, "friends" or what?

Originally Posted by crazysavage
How about the shoes that come on the car! Mine work well. (visuallize a bunch of cartoon heads)
Just because something you got with your kit is working doesn't mean there isn't somethingyou might like better out there.

Originally Posted by vadn1
So what's the big deal about racers having the freedom to run non pull start engines?
I think this has been reviewed several hundred times on this thread Vad.
A person could put a 14mm crank out of like a 428B engine in any engine, instead of using an RTR engine or one off an approved list.

Originally Posted by JDCrow

Everyone agrees there needs to be a competitive and low cost point of entry for racers. Budget, Spec, and Open Classes all run on cubic dollars. Just look around at the cars of people standing on a soapbox wanting spec racing. Most have already spent an extra $75 on shock towers, $100 on option shocks, etc etc
If by "soapbox" you are referring to me personally, here's some pictures of the cars that I've used to reach the podium many times in the past year, including my last victory at Fort Myers.

Last edited by Jspeed; 10-23-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Last edited by kmichael; 10-25-2008 at 01:12 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kmichael
Was buying yet another GT car this weekend but with others thougth all the silly crap was over so I'll spend my money where I'm not instructed on who and what to but on such a narrow minded level you know if money is such an issue maybe hot wheels should be a choice I really like the GT class but the virus needs to be cured
What da....
Old 10-23-2008, 11:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
What da....
Translation.....

I was buying yet another GT car but I see this silly crap will never end until we cure the virus think with others, I'll spend those dollars somewhere with less narrow mined opinions.PS if your that tight for money there's always slot cars or maybe hot wheels,tyco or somthing

Found that posted in the Florida Racing section...
Old 10-23-2008, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

mike,

thought you told me you were getting the dm1s for ss races?
what happened?
Old 10-24-2008, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Timmo
I have a question.Right now I'm using the stock Perfex radio.If I upgrade my radio will it make my car feel alot better.Is there a big difference from the stock radio??
I think there's a big difference changing to a "race" radio and servos; the communication between the radio and the car will be faster enabling you to "react" better to situations and therefore pushing harder, eventually improving your lap times quite a bit. Highly recommended...
Old 10-24-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Timmo
I put my Inferno GT on the track today with the 1/10 RRR guys and they blew me away.I didn't stand a chance...Is it me or are those guys just fast...
Any comments are appreciated.
That's why have both. But GT2 will get closer in laptimes with 1/10s just like GT1 with an option engine. But it will always be substantially slower not matter what you do.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikaR
I think there's a big difference changing to a "race" radio and servos; the communication between the radio and the car will be faster enabling you to "react" better to situations and therefore pushing harder, eventually improving your lap times quite a bit. Highly recommended...
Originally Posted by MikaR
That's why have both. But GT2 will get closer in laptimes with 1/10s just like GT1 with an option engine. But it will always be substantially slower not matter what you do.

The info on the radio is much appreciated.
About the 1/10th on-road guys,
well,I'm gonna try my best to at least come close enough to hang with them.
I'm gonna totally change my setup from parking lot bashing to full on-road track use and see how that goes.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

will there be two seperate classes like gt1 vs dm1s and dm1 vs gt2 because i love my dm1 and i'm willing to travel to race and this weekend at I-95 showdown at 301 raceway we had a ball check out youtube i-95 showdown keyword gt cars
Old 10-24-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey tbo713 what's your name? Which DM-1 was yours?
I ran the red Ferrari IGT at the I-95 shootout.

Rich
Old 10-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

orange and black with orange wheels
Old 10-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kmichael
Was buying yet another GT car this weekend but with others thougth all the silly crap was over so I'll spend my money where I'm not instructed on who and what to but on such a narrow minded level you know if money is such an issue maybe hot wheels should be a choice I really like the GT class but the virus needs to be cured
:weird :
Old 10-24-2008, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tbo713
orange and black with orange wheels
OK cool, it was nice meeting you DM-1 guys, Duron too.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Tech Adept

let me know when there will be a race up n.yy or even you guys in d.e. and nice meeting as well
Old 10-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tbo713
will there be two seperate classes like gt1 vs dm1s and dm1 vs gt2 because i love my dm1 and i'm willing to travel to race and this weekend at I-95 showdown at 301 raceway we had a ball check out youtube i-95 showdown keyword gt cars
Here is the video for you guys
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.