Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
I have the Ofna Ultra GTP. I would have gotten the Kyosho (The best looking cars around!) but I have a set parts supplier for my Jammin Truggies. I am scratching my head wheather or not to run the stock engine or drop in one of my RB's. If stock means stock then the motor will stay....until I get more time with it. I'm still allowed to play if I bring a Ofna?
Of course you can race with your Ofna at SS Speedway in Tampa during our weekend “Club” racing events. You’ll have a great time, don’t worry about it, you’ll be on vacation.

Bring both engines, play it safe, OK
Old 12-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kevsgsxr1000
The big Kyosho push was for that race that just passed. The one sponsored by Kyosho.
I don't understand why they wouldn't race the stock Ofna along side the stock Kyosho's.
I asked the very same question in the Tampa thread...and got some answer I didn't fully understand.
The only competition that the IGT has is the GTP. The IGT has a weight advantage...whats the problem?
I'm sure the local 1/8 scale IGT guys will be happy to race with the GTP. The more the merrier, right?
Kev,

During the Kyosho Nitrofest event, there were classes being supported by Kyosho for Kyosho Inferno GT cars.

All Kyosho IGT car owners were given a complete set of their optional V-Slick tires, IGT rims and Werks Racing fuel for the event; a great deal for a $20 dollar racer registration.

It was a great of Kyosho to thank racers that have purchased & want to race their Inferno GT cars.

It was very cool of Kyosho America & Werks Racing to step up, give something back to their customers and support this new, exciting and economical form of on-road RC racing that we’re working to develop on a National level.

So, no problem Kev, we just feel that a manufacturer’s generosity & support deserves our loyalty.

Like the old saying goes......... nobody rides for free.

I hope this answers your questions about our Kyosho supported Inferno GT class racing programs.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Jeff,
Its all good.... I still don't get it. hehe... blonde moment.

At the 2007 Losi Offroad Championship race....
they didn't race a Losi only class.

I think you would be doing Kyosho..and the "sport" a great service by letting the box stock Ofna's run in the same spec class. Then the podium would be all Kyosho's and they could be proud.

that was an awesome deal that they gave away tires and fuel...

BTW... who is "we"

Originally Posted by Jspeed
So, no problem Kev, we just feel that a manufacturer’s generosity & support deserves our loyalty.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kevsgsxr1000
Jeff,
Its all good.... I still don't get it. hehe... blonde moment.

At the 2007 Losi Offroad Championship race....
they didn't race a Losi only class.

I think you would be doing Kyosho..and the "sport" a great service by letting the box stock Ofna's run in the same spec class. Then the podium would be all Kyosho's and they could be proud.

that was an awesome deal that they gave away tires and fuel...

BTW... who is "we"
I hear you Kev, but do you think it would be fair to the “class” sponsors to give their product to racers of a competitor’s car?

Beside the obvious financial investments related with supporting a new class with “hand-out” products at events; the new RC Pro Series "Kyosho Inferno GT Spec Classes” are intended to create a level playing field that anyone can enter & enjoy at an afordable price.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Looks like there will be more life breathed into the IGT cars. My local LHS that sponsored a club race program in Plano, TX has decided to not only try to revive its racing program (almost all the racers abandoned it for reasons unknown), to featuring the IGT as its main class when operations resume. 1/10th scale cars will be allowed if enough racers show, but the two main classes to be run with be the IGT and the RC18 classes (both low cost and entry-level to attract newbies of all ages). The IGT class will follow the Bvoltz rules for the class. The LHS ordered six (6) cars with five (5) already pre-sold with possibly more sales to come.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
Looks like there will be more life breathed into the IGT cars. My local LHS that sponsored a club race program in Plano, TX has decided to not only try to revive its racing program (almost all the racers abandoned it for reasons unknown), to featuring the IGT as its main class when operations resume. 1/10th scale cars will be allowed if enough racers show, but the two main classes to be run with be the IGT and the RC18 classes (both low cost and entry-level to attract newbies of all ages). The IGT class will follow the Bvoltz rules for the class. The LHS ordered six (6) cars with five (5) already pre-sold with possibly more sales to come.
That's great to hear, our Kyosho Inferno GT Spec class is doing great down here in Tampa. We're expecting about 15 of them for this Sunday's race at SS Speedway.

The IGT cars look so realistic on the track and they're all getting faster every weekend.

You guys are going to really love racing these Kyosho cars.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So, is they anyone on here with a solid interest in running IGT / Gtp's at the airtronics race in Vegas?

This would be the funnest class to run there by far.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trt3r
So, is they anyone on here with a solid interest in running IGT / Gtp's at the airtronics race in Vegas?

This would be the funnest class to run there by far.
To the guys that are coming to the Vegas Airtronics race:
How crazy have you gotten with the cars. I am considering getting one of these to race with, but I don't want to have to dump another $400 into hopups and an engine. I don't mind doing some stuff (brakes, turnbuckles, electronics) but if I need to buy a new engine and a lot of crazy stuff I would rather just get a new 1/8th Evolva M3. What will make it fun for ME is that the cars are kept fairly close to stock and INEXPENSIVE!! If I have to go and dump a ton of cash into the car then I don't want to do it.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

From the guys here the engines are about a 50/50 mix of stock engines and some upgrades (Axial .28 Green head is common). The general nature of the 'rules' will allow someone to run a high $$ motor.... but, other than the straight... the stock engine would be pleanty (properly tuned of course). I have a different pipe on mine. I would think of the new gearing on the Ferrari (taller by a tooth on both pinions) would help on the longer track. The stock tires are for playing not racing... no forward or side grip.

This should be considered a 'fun' class. I even suggested to Rich that there be no trophy's... I don't know what he plans. There is only one confirmed entry at this time so this may all be mute.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
If I have to go and dump a ton of cash into the car then I don't want to do it.
Same here. Mine is staying stock for the entry-level class. The cash is for the other car.

Does anyone have theirs dialed well enough to post a strong base setup?
Old 12-24-2007, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

It kinda sucks that Kyosho is out of the Ferrari right now, but I am almost positive I can get the new clutch bells and gears seperately. Not too concerned with straightaway speed as long as it is decent. What tires are the ones to have. Some medial pro tire was suggested, but what about the other Kyosho compounds?
Old 12-24-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For the parking lot racing that we've run the GRP rubber tires work fine. I have no idea how they will work at that track. I've run 1/10th there several times... but nothing like these heavyweights.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

In Tampa at SS they run the medium compound Kyosho V-Slicks. The softs were shredding.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Which ones are the medium compound? 45 shore or 55 shore Kyosho tires?
Old 12-24-2007, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

I just got finished upgrading my Ofna GTP. Steering/throttle servo upgrades and my usual Specktrum reciever. Since I race Truggy also, I have motors to spare, but in order to run stock class do I qualify if I just drop in the Force .28 that it came with?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.