Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Breaking down into personal attacks does not solve the issue. It is easy to go to war, it is hard to maintain peace. Everyone needs to think of the bigger picture instead of trying to make sure their pixel is the only one that people see. It takes many pixels to make a picture and right now, GT is a distorted picture. Instead of Ipanema, Sweep, Alpha, etc, working together, everyone is trying to be the alpha male. As Spock says, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one." It would be nice to have a cease fire between all the factions and work on an accord to try to work peacefully together. If you hit your thumb with a hammer, it hurts. How many more times do you keep hitting your thumb after the first time? From the latest round, it is apparent that folks must like the pain because they keep smashing their thumb with the hammer.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No one mentioned Sweep and he went off, like always. My new favorite word SPEC
Old 08-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

When I heard that there was a spec tire at Timezone and that it lasted a long time, I bought a GT car. The fact that it was Sweep tires, had nothing to do with my decision.
Long story short, the spec tire got me into GT, so yes, I would have to say that it did help grow the class....and I know that I am not the only one who made the same decision based on this.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
REALLY J REALLY?

You keep referring to EVERYONR and the only person starting, causing and continues to cause problems is your friend Jeff Vargas "Jspeed".

You always jump in after him and try to save him after all the mess he starts, you bring yourself into these situations! If you have no dog in the hunt as you say, just don't POST or delete your post!

Your friend is on a mission to destroy what he created and (I use create lightly unless he was the GT designer at Kyosho), simply because he can't make any money off the class anymore and he is pissed about it.

HE HAS CLEARLY AND BOLDLY EXPRESSED HIS VIEWS ON THE TOPICS WITH NO REGARD FOR OTHERS.

WAKE UP!!!
This is a prime example of why I don't race GT much anymore. If you read back a few pages, Tony, T-hawk brought my name into this round of arguing. However, he recently posted that he did it as a respect thing. I truly don't know what your beef is with me but it would be nice to get it out in the open once and for all. I have just as much right to post on this or any other forum that I chose to lend insight, comment, or opinion.

Tony, I jumped on here to try to calm things down. I did not personally attack anyone in particular, but you decided to jump on me when I directed nothing towards you. I really don't know you that well but from the way you like to attack me on the forums, I really don't want to know you.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

All this bs stops now after this post any personal attacks will result in a 9 month suspension no questions asked . Anyone who continues with this argument from now on will get 6 month suspension , any body that wants to send me a pm regarding this post or comment on this thread will be 1 year off from RCtech.

If all of you including Jspeed can't discuss in a civilized way then we have no room for you on RCtech. This thread is very close to getting shut down.

I hate to be this way but I figure this is the only way to get everyone's attention.

I'm ready with the ban hammer
Old 08-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
Breaking down into personal attacks does not solve the issue. It is easy to go to war, it is hard to maintain peace. Everyone needs to think of the bigger picture instead of trying to make sure their pixel is the only one that people see. It takes many pixels to make a picture and right now, GT is a distorted picture. Instead of Ipanema, Sweep, Alpha, etc, working together, everyone is trying to be the alpha male. As Spock says, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one." It would be nice to have a cease fire between all the factions and work on an accord to try to work peacefully together. If you hit your thumb with a hammer, it hurts. How many more times do you keep hitting your thumb after the first time? From the latest round, it is apparent that folks must like the pain because they keep smashing their thumb with the hammer.
SERIOUSLY...WHAT THE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!

There are no Brand War issues, ITS JUST YOUR FRIEND STARTING SHIT AS USUAL!!
If your buddy would listen we might be on the side! I AM FOR OPEN CLASS EVERYTHING! I don't attend or promote "SPEC" RACES!!

Last edited by Marcos.J; 08-01-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
SERIOUSLY...WHAT THE
ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!

There are no Brand War issues, ITS JUST YOUR FRIEND STARTING SHIT AS USUAL!!
If your buddy would listen we might be on the side! I AM FOR OPEN CLASS EVERYTHING! I don't attend or promote "SPEC" RACES!!
My first victim you are gone for 15days for profanity

Last edited by Marcos.J; 08-01-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

What if we did an open tire but a 2 or 3 set limit? I hate seeing people go through $250 worth of tires in a weekend. Thoughts?
Old 08-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
What if we did an open tire but a 2 or 3 set limit? I hate seeing people go through $250 worth of tires in a weekend. Thoughts?
You might not want to put a limit on the sets used due to different tire compounds wear differently and track conditions may call for a shore that may not be in the sets that you choose. But I could see the tire manufacturers doing what Byrons Fuel do when they sponsor a race, offer cash rewards for A-main finishing positions if you use their brand. Last year, I won $50 from Byron's for finishing 6th in the A-main because I used their fuel (which I have been using since 2005).
Old 08-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

We dont need this class to go the way of Mod Foam Sedan, we need to keep it reasonable for us non-sponsored drivers
Old 08-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
You might now want to put a limit on the sets used due to different tire compounds wear differently and track conditions may call for a shore that may not be in the sets that you choose. But I could see the tire manufacturers doing what Byrons Fuel do when they sponsor a race, offer cash rewards for A-main finishing positions if you use their brand. Last year, I won $50 from Byron's for finishing 6th in the A-main because I used their fuel (which I have been using since 2005).
It would be great to limit to 2 sets, whatever compounds you want. But if you pick 2 sets of super soft...super fast qualifier, but a blow out in the main.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Come on, its alright to get back into the pool. Am I the only one swimming in this discussion?
Old 08-01-2013, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

To answer Jspeed's question, I think having the "1st Ever GT Only Race" had it's sexyness to it, not that many tracks were running a consistent group of GT cars. They wanted to race against the best of the group. But like every first time with a super model, been there, done that. Today I bet we have 4X's more cars then we did 3 years ago. We have more tracks and options that run these cars. Thanks to competition, and not a monopoly of one or two brands, we have OPTIONS and CHOICES.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Tech Addict

How many were from P.R.?
Why are you asking this I don't undestand or even try to do it. In 2010 Homestead there were 4 racers from PR at the race. I was one of them. In 2011 in Mexico there was 1 racer and I had everything ready but health issues prevented me from going. In 2012 in PR there were about 40 racers from PR plus Dominican Republic, USA, Cuba, Panama, Chile, Ecuador, among others. In 2013 the race included about 40 locals, plus USA, Dominican Republic, Cuba to name a few. Of course the local racers were many more than International racers but what do you expect.

In that race even though the title sponsor was a tire manufacturer ANY tire brand could be used. I have never been to a race in GT class that needed a new set of tire per qualifyer, no matter the brand. I normally use super soft or 35 shore tires for qualifier and the use either soft or medium for 1 hour main. Then the tire that was used for the main I use for practice and most of the times the qualifiers tire I can use in another race. I don't care what tire brand is used but if you need more that one or 2 sets and those are junk after 1 race something is not right in your set up.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Come on, its alright to get back into the pool. Am I the only one swimming in this discussion?
Well, I'm glad work got in my way today, but I have enjoyed reading the last 5 pages.

I've said for a long time, this class should have been used as the entry class for nitro on road. Ok guys don't beat me up over this, just follow the reasons.

The cars are the most bullit proof that we have, heck I've even taken out part of the outside barrier at our track and the car won. It is easy to see, and when I started the tires would last 4-6 weekends. Engines were .28's that did not have a great life, but tuned pretty easy unless you got a bad carb and there were a ton of realistic bodies.

1/10th Touring has become the chassis, engine, tire of the week and lets not talk about tire sauce. They need to be tuned almost to perfection, the smaller parts at speed wear out or break quicker than thier big brothers.

1/8th 4wd open - well it's call F1 of RC for a reason. These cars will take a hit, last longer than the 1/10th scale, but the cost of tires puts you in the $150 a weekend if you are not a sponsored driver. But not everyone can wheel one of these cars, me included. They get from point to point so fast, that I am always behind the car.

Thats what we have ..... so were does a new racer go to start?

Last edited by Grenade10; 08-01-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.