Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mauimaxx
Anybody got a hookup or link to a Mugen MBX6 conversion?, I got choke parts, a spare truggy (long base) chassis and a buggy chassis, the buggy shorter arms. Looking for what they used for shock towers, shocks, bumbers, body post and 2 speed tranny. I assume the evolva 2 speed or the new Kyosho GT2 2 speed shoe set up will work.

To many parts on hand and thinking about a conversion.

I've had a Kyosho GT2 full race set up a few years ago, now looking to see what I can do with all my Mugen parts.

Thanks.
MauiMaxx here is some info from a few pages back....aloha:
Quote: from Jneg post#8607
Originally Posted by DRRC
any mbx6 chassis conversions to GT available?
if not chassis does anyone have info on how to convert it to a GT
thanks

Like Josio showed my friend Alejandro has made a conversion for the Mugen Buggy. It is very competitive against any other chassis on the market. Let me know what you need and I can relay the message for you. It includes a CNC chassis as well as shock towers in aluminum 7075, every other part needed is readily available in any Hobby Shop.

Contact alejo here by pm or by email at [email protected] he has two available.

also SNR graphite has some conversion parts, front and rear shock towers:
http://www.snrgraphite.com/index.php...bdf835cded43a7

Last edited by utah300rum; 02-13-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

2013 Fuel On-Road Nationals at G.L.A.R.C.R.C. Sepember 11-15

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROAR has confirmed the dates, September 11-15, 2013.

The link to the track's website is wrong in the ROAR Page. Here is the correct one www.glarcrc.com

Hope we have a great event in California.

Quote:

Are 1/8 GT's going to be a class this year for this race?
WWW.IGTHOBBIES.COM - Your #1 GT Source!!!

Cobra GT / Novarrosi Engine / Alpha Tires / Savox / KO Propo

Quote:

YES 1/8TH GTI CLASS WILL BE A PART OF THE NATIONALS THIS YEAR. THAT IS THE PLAN WE HOPE TO HAVE ALL OF YOU OUT THERE WITH US

Looks like GT class is happening in this years Roar National event in CA.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by utah300rum
MauiMaxx here is some info from a few pages back....aloha:
Quote: from Jneg post#8607
Originally Posted by DRRC
any mbx6 chassis conversions to GT available?
if not chassis does anyone have info on how to convert it to a GT
thanks

Like Josio showed my friend Alejandro has made a conversion for the Mugen Buggy. It is very competitive against any other chassis on the market. Let me know what you need and I can relay the message for you. It includes a CNC chassis as well as shock towers in aluminum 7075, every other part needed is readily available in any Hobby Shop.

Contact alejo here by pm or by email at [email protected] he has two available.

also SNR graphite has some conversion parts, front and rear shock towers:
http://www.snrgraphite.com/index.php...bdf835cded43a7
Cool,

Thanks man,

I sent email to that guy.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Looks like GT class is happening in this years Roar National event in CA.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about that.

They need to have rules before they can run the class..........
Old 02-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 184 (99%+)

I love to run GT class but it looks like it is not included in 2013 ROAR national...

But for sure it is included in GLARCRC 1/5 international challenged in October 11-13...hope you guys put this in your schedule.....
Old 02-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Tech Initiate

This is a little off topic, but I was wondering if it would be possible to stick rubber GT tires on an on-road pan car like the Serpent 966 and use it on the street? I find it hard to find time to visit the local RC track.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mauimaxx
Cool,

Thanks man,

I sent email to that guy.
I will give him a call so he can contact you. If you want send me where he can contact you via pm and I'll make sure he gets back to you with the info.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by parnassus
This is a little off topic, but I was wondering if it would be possible to stick rubber GT tires on an on-road pan car like the Serpent 966 and use it on the street? I find it hard to find time to visit the local RC track.
Anything is possible with custom fab work, but there is currently no conversion kits available. Nor is it a direct fit. You are better off using old tires for test and tune street sessions and new trued tires for the track.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:39 PM
Tech Addict

You will have to change hubs so you can fit the rims plus you need to make sure the hubs have enough offset so the rims clear the hub carriers mostly on the rear. The hubs have to be with some offset as well because the width of the 1/8 tires is very different from the rubber or for that matter foan tires that are meant to be used with off road hubs. This way you will have the same track width as the pan car.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

http://www.edamhobby.com/shopping_view.asp?sn=94
http://www.edamhobby.com/shopping_view.asp?sn=95
Old 02-14-2013, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There is already a pan-styled 8th scale chassis that you can use GT rubber tires with made by BMT. The only thing about that chassis is that it is single speed but with a little modification, you can make it a two speed car. Here is the link to the thread about the car:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...mt-gt-car.html
Old 02-14-2013, 08:50 AM
C@T
Tech Adept

There is already a pan-styled 8th scale chassis that you can use GT rubber tires with made by BMT. The only thing about that chassis is that it is single speed but with a little modification, you can make it a two speed car.
Well, this does rise the next question:

Is it leagal for the 2013 Ipanema World GT Championship, May 23-26 or not ?
Old 02-14-2013, 09:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by C@T
Well, this does rise the next question:

Is it leagal for the 2013 Ipanema World GT Championship, May 23-26 or not ?
At the moment no it is not legal. Remember that GTs are shaft driven cars and the BMT is belt driven. During the last worlds we tried to open a new class called unlimited were belt driven cars could compete. However no one signed up for it, I will post the inscription form this week and if we recive enough entries to open the unlimited class then we can do it. I would love to see them in our track as well. But as of right now we have tree classes Open, Spec and electric GT all are shaft driven.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

In response to the GT8 class cars, GLARCRC does welcome and support the class, looks like 13 signed up so far for the Airtronics race in March. We would be happy to run the class at all other major events and club races,

We have also just recently confirmed that GT8 will be an invited class at the 1/5 scale international challenge this October.

I believe Henry C has confirmed that GT8 will be participating at the next club race, electric and nitro. being a new class this is what we will do to welcome you guys,

Awards 1st-3rd in GT8 Nitro and Electric A main

For the next 2 club races, Sunday race fee for GT8 will be $10.00
(Saturday practice still remains $10.00)

I will also coordinate with Henry C to discuss a possible points series at GLARCRC for the GT8 class beginning in march.

Hope this will entice you guys to come and race with us, it would definately give the class a good boost...BE THERE!!

Glenn Williams
President
GLARCRC
Old 02-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Tech Initiate

[ATTACH]GT class--buggy-based on road!-image.jpg[/ATTACH]
A quick pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.