Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C-Trickle
Um in the GT Class-Buggy Based On Road thread, forever back, I remember seeing a 8ight GT conversion. I would just pick up the Kyosho 2 speed kit and slap into it. Looks like it's a bit of work. This is the only Losi 8ight conversion that I've seen.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...ml#post9096441

Yeah, I don't know. Honestly the flat chassis vs kick debate is mute. They both have strong points, and they both have weak points. Both have won races and both can be made more than competitive. To exclude a GT specific chassis, that injected some much needed hype into this class, is just stupid.

But there must be a NAME of the guy or group/association/whatever that put that rule ... its a very crazy and non-sense rule under my personal point of view and only helps to close the class and not to expand it ...

I hope this people that take desitions, goes to the real drivers that have been racing GT for years and ask them before put the rules on paper, and if they did and this came up, well, we are all screwed lol !
Old 06-27-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tabushi
But there must be a NAME of the guy or group/association/whatever that put that rule ... its a very crazy and non-sense rule under my personal point of view and only helps to close the class and not to expand it ...

I hope this people that take desitions, goes to the real drivers that have been racing GT for years and ask them before put the rules on paper, and if they did and this came up, well, we are all screwed lol !
Whoever organized the Byron's Challenge. But with the GT8 Board rules submitted to ROAR, we'll have a base line of rules for this class soon! Even if ROAR doesn't recognize *which would be just...yeah haha*, we'll still have a somewhat regulated set of rules.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I was thinking the flat chassis was talked about so that someone did not have to go out and spend another $100 + for a new chassis if they had a buggy. As to the Ofna DM1 the bottom of the gear diff is not flat, but with the angle that it is, really no reason it should have not been flat. I currently drive this car, and if it is not acceptable in a year I would be fine with that. (I would still use it locally, but would not travel with it)

However, as was stated above, you can take a car with a kick up and with spacers being moved and arm being modified, you can get the same caster as a flat chassis. Same for the flat chassis, You can increase the caster to get to the same place.

So, unless you do a fixed caster and we tech it each race, I really do not see the issue.

But ................. the manufactures (or us racers) who are attempting to make new cars, need to know what is allowed and what is not. Serpent went down the path to put the kick up in; Team C did not. I believe the Xray that Leon is working with has kick up and the Mugen that I am working on will have the kick up.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Honestly, I've raced both and raced against both. I see no real advantage of one over the other. They both have advantages and disadvantages. Flat chassis or kick up, they can both be made competitive. So it's just, meh.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J-milz
I know this question may have been asked in the past, but .....I have a few Losi 8ight's. A 1.0, L8 and a E. I wanna try Gt8 without having to buy or swap for a new vehicle. Especially when I'm familiar to the 8ight. Has anyone ever seen a 2 speed converted 8ight? Anyone on the forum knows of a CnC shop to make a reasonably price one off chassis?
Hmmm, let me think....
Old 06-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default LOSI GT - 2 speed

Guys,
here you have a picture os my Losi GT 2- speed.

Its a Frankstein, but very fast on the track.

Just to extimulate everybody to use the imagination to project a GT car.

Cestari
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-losi-gt.jpg  
Old 06-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cestaric
Guys,

Cestari
What transmission are you using?
Old 06-28-2012, 02:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Its a Serpent 966 2 speed transmission.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Guys,

Cestari
That's gorgeous. I just listed mine on the bay. Have more pics of the 2 speed and a shot of the underside of the chassis? I'm curious of the extra holes needed for the 2 speed. Thank you.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Cestari
+1

Here is my Xray 2011 spec 808 GT With Custom 2 speed

Old 06-29-2012, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *1speedy
+1

Nice to see you got the 2 speed in. You guys coming down to Houston later in the year for the GulfCoast Grand Prix? Got my Cobra GT ready. Haven't raced it yet but should be hitting the track soon for a Southwest Series race later in July.

Regards,

Daniel
Old 06-29-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

+1

This is a great example of dream becoming a reality. Very sexy XRAY GT indeed. I am sure this car will be a dream to drive!!!!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

+1

This is a great example of dream becoming a reality. Very sexy XRAY GT indeed. In the right mechanic's hands I am sure this car is more than capable of finishing and podium at any race.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

We have "test & tune" tonight at Homestead RC Raceway.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speyederjedi
Nice to see you got the 2 speed in. You guys coming down to Houston later in the year for the GulfCoast Grand Prix? Got my Cobra GT ready. Haven't raced it yet but should be hitting the track soon for a Southwest Series race later in July.

Regards,

Daniel
Thanks Daniel,

The 2-speed and a few other goodies have been completed since

We will be at the TimeZone race in 3 weeks how about you comming there

We still have a few dates across the country to make this season we will see about comming back, maybe we can make a Dallas race too

Hope you have good fortune with you Serpent it looks great

Originally Posted by bassman2
This is a great example of dream becoming a reality. Very sexy XRAY GT indeed. In the right mechanic's hands I am sure this car is more than capable of finishing and podium at any race.
Thanks Andy. Making the A main at the Nationals with the Single speed and without the other improvments and finishing 6th that day really said alot to me about the cars potential.

Now with the 2-Speed and other improvements we just need seat time to dial it in, speed is not a issue

See u at the Timezone Andy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.