Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by RoyJ
Scary, help us understand what makes the Team C car illegal? Does it not fit in the IFMAR or ROAR box? Oh that's right, those sanctioning bodies still don't even recognize the 1/8 GT class. Perhaps you were referring to your local track's rules?
ROYJ....check the thread on the 'Byron's Fuel Challenge'......you just can't run a 'TeamC' in their neighborhood because it doesn't have 'kickup'......no skin off my nose, I run Kyosho and C_Trickle....................well wait a minute, no one can remember last time he was even at the track.

>>>>>>>>>>>>\\>
Old 05-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
ROYJ....check the thread on the 'Byron's Fuel Challenge'......you just can't run a 'TeamC' in their neighborhood because it doesn't have 'kickup'......no skin off my nose, I run Kyosho and C_Trickle....................well wait a minute, no one can remember last time he was even at the track.

>>>>>>>>>>>>\\>
Well it's been a bit, some of us have lives that need to be worked around. Once points starts...

But as I remember the last time I was at the track you had a good view of my rear bumper.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by C-Trickle
Well it's been a bit, some of us have lives that need to be worked around. Once points starts...

But as I remember the last time I was at the track you had a good view of my rear bumper.
.................ask Spooky if I'm not setting you up........
Old 05-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
.................ask Spooky if I'm not setting you up........
........I asked him........we're trying to figure out what planet or reality you've been living in.....
Old 05-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thats good info, now, last question, out of the box, how many degrees of caster does it come with or does it come with various caster blocks in the kit? chassis layout looks good and balanced.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:36 AM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by oskygt
Thats good info, now, last question, out of the box, how many degrees of caster does it come with or does it come with various caster blocks in the kit? chassis layout looks good and balanced.
Our LHS has 4 of them on track now, 2 short and 2 long. The question about caster angle has been asked. I think SPOOKY might have that info. I didn't hear about any spare 'caster block' options.

The amount of turn angle on that is 'jaw dropping'........they are trying to get the rear end to keep up in the turns !!

"Joan Lopez" in Dom Rep is the factory driver, you might try to PM him.
Check TeamC thread for hint to his access.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by oskygt
It only comes with 12 degree blocks. But you can get 10 and 14 degree ones.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Adept

How can the team c not be legal but the dm-1 spec is the both have flat chassis.
Come on that is stupid why ban a car that has been made for this style of racing Smh.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Those complaining about an attempt to form rules should make up their mind...do you want rules for this class or not?

Guess what. As rules are assembled, some things won't be allowed. That's how it works.

I choose to support the groups that are doing their best to work in the direction of having rules that surround this class. It's too bad there isn't a central governing group doing this, but that is what it is. Heck, GT could take a page from the USVTA scene...it was born from racers creating their own rule book.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigjez
How can the team c not be legal but the dm-1 spec is the both have flat chassis.
Come on that is stupid why ban a car that has been made for this style of racing Smh.
You're thinking the same thing as the rest of us. I've heard the claim that the DM1 has kick up in the diff housing? Isn't the GTP flat chassis as well?

Honestly if the flat car was to get banned, I would buy the T8T truggy chassis with kick up to keep running this car. Great parts quality and fit and finish.

But you're right, allowing one flat chassis car to run because it was "grandfathered in" but not the new purpose built GT8 cars is ridiculous.

Last edited by C-Trickle; 05-19-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

To answer that age old question, the GTP is not a flat chassis car. The original was based off their old Ultra buggy, pre-Hyper 7. The version out now is their more modern one, I believe based off their Hyper 7 or whatever their latest offroad buggy is. In fact the OFNA GTP was the next GT car right after the Kyosho Landmax. It never gained traction due to being the only car of its kind at the time (the Landmax was long gone and the Hot Bodies car was not quite the same size).
Old 05-19-2012, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
To answer that age old question, the GTP is not a flat chassis car. The original was based off their old Ultra buggy, pre-Hyper 7. The version out now is their more modern one, I believe based off their Hyper 7 or whatever their latest offroad buggy is. In fact the OFNA GTP was the next GT car right after the Kyosho Landmax. It never gained traction due to being the only car of its kind at the time (the Landmax was long gone and the Hot Bodies car was not quite the same size).
gtp was from the ultra mbx the gtp2 was the next step in it evolution
Old 05-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For a little GT history lesson, Kyosho is the father of the the GT car as we know it. But, the original chassis wasn't made by Kyosho but actually by Hobao (OFNA). Kyosho made the wheels and body for the kit. That was in 1991. In 1992, Kyosho officially released the Landmax that was based off their Inferno DX chassis. Later in the 1990s, they re-released the Landmax with shorter arms and offered 9 different bodies and called it the Super 8 GP Landmax 4wd. In 2001, they updated the Landmax by moving it to the Inferno MP 7.5 chassis. OFNA decided to jump into the market the following year and introduced their Ultra LX GTP based off their MBX buggy chassis. They did this despite the Landmax never really gaining traction in the r/c world/market. Hot Bodies joined the fray late 2003/early 2004 with the Lightning. However, the class never took off and all the cars faded into oblivion until Kyosho kickstarted it again with the release of the Inferno GT (short chassis) in 2006. It was still based on their proven MP 7.5 platform. From this point, we all know the rest of the story.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Smile Kyosho Mercedes AMG 2008 1:8 Body

Hi guys, do you know where I can find this body to buy???

www .amg-mercedes-racer2008.de/modell_modell.php

www .youtube.com/watch?v=L5XQRdxHdzI
Old 05-20-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

KYOIFW330 is that the part number for the bonded brake pads for a kyosho gt? What's the vented rotor #?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.