Old 04-19-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSYDOR
Howard.... You doubt me
Originally Posted by BSYDOR
Oh your torturing me... Aren't you

Are you sure you still love me?..
STILL LOVE YOU....however, if I don't have to do anything, is better. Spending 30 minutes to work on the brakes is way too long for me after running electric toy car instead...

I have to redo all these NITRO thing all over again....found all my nitro tools last night and 1/2 of them are junk now...damn.

I will love you even more if you are not racing the BYRON race with the COBRA, like what you did to me last year....sangbagger...LOL
Old 04-19-2012, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default Hauler bag.

Originally Posted by VexVegaz
Can you guys recommend a hauler bag that has a tools compartment at the top and can fit a gt2 that's priced around 100 - 150. I hate having to haul around a tool box and the car and the Tx.

Thanks!
This is the only bag I know that can fit a GT any size in the bottom drawer with body and tires (hell meant to holder full truggy with tires and body). It has wheels handle and wrench holder on top. The two extra drawers are the same size.

Must warn you,I have the first version of this bag.Its about 3 yrs old now and I had to modify it make it work like I wanted.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXZVB3&P=ML
Old 04-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Can someone tell me what are the handling characteristic of the alpha r3 and protoform.pf8 bodies. I want to try one of the two but want to know how the compare on the track
Old 04-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rosko
Can someone tell me what are the handling characteristic of the alpha r3 and protoform.pf8 bodies. I want to try one of the two but want to know how the compare on the track
I have both and have ran both.
R3 - very thin body which requires some reinforcement IMO but worked well on the track
PF8 - a bit more stout and also worked well on the track.

i have ran both bodies and unless I ran them back to back with the exact same car set up I honestly couldn't give you a specific difference. I am currently running the R3 from Max Velocity and it worked well.

I think some of it comes down to personal taste. The r3 appears to have bit more down force and is slightly wider than the pf8.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
STILL LOVE YOU....however, if I don't have to do anything, is better. Spending 30 minutes to work on the brakes is way too long for me after running electric toy car instead...

I have to redo all these NITRO thing all over again....found all my nitro tools last night and 1/2 of them are junk now...damn.

I will love you even more if you are not racing the BYRON race with the COBRA, like what you did to me last year....sangbagger...LOL
Howard,
I think Billy its going to have his hands full in gt this year.

- James
Old 04-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Is the serpent car a short or long wheel base im not really understanding about gt , gt2 all that stuff
Old 04-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

The Kyosho GT (also called GT1) is short wheelbase (buggy chassis). The Serpent and the DM-1 Spec are also considered short wheelbase. The GT2 is longwheelbase (truggy chassis). The DM-1 is extra long wheelbase and is considered 1/7 scale but it is also allowed to race in the same class (most of the time).
Old 04-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jneg
The Kyosho GT (also called GT1) is short wheelbase (buggy chassis). The Serpent and the DM-1 Spec are also considered short wheelbase. The GT2 is longwheelbase (truggy chassis). The DM-1 is extra long wheelbase and is considered 1/7 scale but it is also allowed to race in the same class (most of the time).
Ok thanks for clearing that up for me
Old 04-21-2012, 06:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tbo713
ANY GT RACERS IN THE D.C. AREA WE'RE TRYING TO SETUP A RACING CLUB IN D.C. AT R.F.K PARKING LOT SO LOOK ON THE RACERS FORUM AND RESPOND TO THE BLOG
A lot of people meet t the walmart on 450 Annapolis Rd on Sunday's around 3:30 4:00
Old 04-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

How do I get in contact with Paul Roberts from Max Velocity? I'm trying to order the DM1 Rear Upper Pin Holder, but his site is returning errors during checkout.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by san.
How do I get in contact with Paul Roberts from Max Velocity? I'm trying to order the DM1 Rear Upper Pin Holder, but his site is returning errors during checkout.

[email protected]
Old 04-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Already sent an email to that address as well as the Contact Us link on the site. It's been over a week and no reply.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Default LRP.28 QUESTION?

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
I am running a LRP .28 in my GT2. The engine is very impressive and turns faster laps than this same car did with a RB.21 Rody Roem engine installed. I think I paid about $170 for this engine and it is really fast with strong pull off the corners.

We are limited of a max engine size of .28 so I have not tried the .30. However if the .30 is anything like the .28 then it will be a great engine.

Lee

HI IF SOME BODY CAN HELP ME, WHICH HEAD BOTTON TURBO CAN I USED FOR LRP.28?
BECAUSE THIS ENGINE IS REGULAR BOTTON,THANKS FRIENDS!!
Old 04-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CHALAS RACING

HI IF SOME BODY CAN HELP ME, WHICH HEAD BOTTON TURBO CAN I USED FOR LRP.28?
BECAUSE THIS ENGINE IS REGULAR BOTTON,THANKS FRIENDS!!
Chalas give me a call!
Old 04-23-2012, 08:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesReilly
Howard,
I think Billy its going to have his hands full in gt this year.

- James
Exactly....thats why I call him out sandbagger...1/8th on road racer race the slow car and saying he is getting old......my ass.....LOL

But still love that good old BILLY....LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.