Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by flyboi33
Is this really a Pre Worlds Race or an annual race because I have limited funds the and thinking on going to worlds..
Yes it is, the Caribbean Winter Cup is the GT Pre-Worlds Warm-Up event being run on the same track as the 2012 Ipanema GT World Championships in Puerto Rico in March.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default PICCO P9 EVO3

I have a PICCO P9 EVO3 with a Novarossi pipe and header (all new) on the for sale tread bought it for my DM1 to race but never used it.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ossi-pipe.html
Old 12-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Chassis for sale 777 machined for 2 speed

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...d-2-speed.html
Old 12-12-2011, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default IGT WORLDS

Can the host and promoter please confirm the dates for the IGT WORLDS event. I am in the process of booking my flight and place to stay. Thankyou.

Team IGTHobbies.com is considering on attending if all works out.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Glad you told them, wasn't sure if I was supposed to say anything about the new release yet, lol
Kyosho just released info on the IGT2 Race Spec...

includes:

New Kyosho 25 engine
high power metal gear servos
hardened chassis
shoe-type 2 speed
f/r independant disk brakes

should be out in Feb 2012.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Did they release a press release ?. Where did you see that ?.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Vision
Did they release a press release ?. Where did you see that ?.
Kyosho (english site)
Old 12-12-2011, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Thanks. Do you guys think the new chassis brace is from the inferno ve ?. Looks similar in the pic.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Addict

Default BODY QUESTIONS

Hello gentlemen!

I have a few questions that are very important - to me anyway.

I'm trying to get up-to-date information on some of the chassis that are popular these days - to create a new race body. That PF-8 GT is getting long in the tooth - if ya know what I mean.

I had hoped that the GT2 cars (with the longer wheelbase) would eventually be popular for racing - however it seems that this is not happening.
WHY? Don't they handle as well? What's the reason that I don't see any in the photo's of winners on the podium? All I see is the shorter GT1/DM1 Spec type cars.

Do you think that there is a future for the longer wheelbase GR2 type format? I like the looks of them personally - because a racebody can be designed to look more realistic. (just my personal preference) Any thoughts to add?

I appreciate all your input. When responding, please let me know what country you are from.

THANKS! - Dale Epp - Protoform
Old 12-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by daleepp
Hello gentlemen!

I'm trying to get up-to-date information on some of the chassis that are popular these days - to create a new race body. That PF-8 GT is getting long in the tooth - if ya know what I mean.

I had hoped that the GT2 cars (with the longer wheelbase) would eventually be popular for racing - however it seems that this is not happening.
WHY? Don't they handle as well? What's the reason that I don't see any in the photo's of winners on the podium? All I see is the shorter GT1/DM1 Spec type cars.

Do you think that there is a future for the longer wheelbase GR2 type format? I like the looks of them personally - because a racebody can be designed to look more realistic. (just my personal preference) Any thoughts to add?

I appreciate all your input. When responding, please let me know what country you are from.

I think the lack of official bodies for the GT2 is a big part of the problem. I run the Audi DTM (awesome realistic body) and that was the whole point of me racing GT was for the realistic appearance (BTW where's the protoform GT2 body????) If we had better selection of realistic bodies you might see more increased interest of the GT2 platform at the podium...my 2 cents NY, USA...
Old 12-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hello gentlemen!

Dale,

I think the fact that most of the GT cars run in the U.S. are used on temporary parking lot tracks has much to do with the popularity of the short wheelbase cars. The long wheelbase cars look great, no argument there, but they don't rotate as well on short, tight tracks like the short cars do.
Lack of licensed bodies when they were initially released probably had something to do with it also.

I agree, it's time for a new body! I like my PF8 but I want a new lid for my ride.

Rick
Old 12-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

Dale
Good to know protoform is in contact with it's customers

I run the Ofna DM one spec and it has a longer wheelbase than the GT
I would like to see more touring car bodies bmw, lexus, mustang, camaros too
There is no big company doing this now except for Kyosho and limited from ofna

IGT is picking up because of the realism of the looks of the car and even the roll of the chasis. True 1/8 scale drifts and doesnt roll as much and needs more skill compared to the IGT. Feels like a real car when racing. Hence more people and more parking lot racing
Am trying to make a track or a parking lot race here in south Texas

Good luck and make those GT bodies for sure I will be getting a few
Thanks

Hello gentlemen!

Old 12-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up ProtoForm

We started racing this series in the Northwest this year and with great success, new racers seem to gravitate to the size and the realistic look of the cars; the PF-8 looks great painted like a “real” race car.
However, I would like to see another car out there for the fans and a new racer. BUT for the serious the body must work!...look at the MazdaSpeed6 and P37-R you rarely see more than 2 configurations of bodies in carpet Sedan racing. (In the states) the reason, IMO, is that they work! Just like the Sophia in WGT, we run what works best. We race on a rather large track…. TimeZone Raceway, so high speed steering is a must. So a little more front end down force would be nice.
The Vette is cool and the DB-9 works pretty well; but the Sophia has the best characteristics. Hmmm.. Ed, how hard would it be to create a Sophia Supersized for the GT class..
The reason I have not mentioned the Vette, M3, DB-9 and the porsche… I do not know how hard it would be to retool, licensing, and how much R&D it would take/cost to research them to see if they worked.
Hell, maybe the Sophia would be crap on a Rubber tired race car the body has to work
I will pre order now LOL
Old 12-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

"IGT Hobbies" sells the Alpha Racing R1 body that fits the longer
Kyote GT2. Its got a realistic look to it and handles well too.
Here is a link to it,
http://www.igthobbies.com/ALPHA-RACI...BODY_p_24.html
Old 12-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well guys, time is passing and i really would like to know if exist any chance to have a couple GT drivers from USA on the "Copa del Pacífico" event in PERU next March 1st-4th.

Come on !!, come to burn some nitro in Southamerica !!

cya !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.