Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
GLARCRC 2017 Track Layout >

GLARCRC 2017 Track Layout

GLARCRC 2017 Track Layout

Old 11-08-2016, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Default GLARCRC 2017 Track Layout

Please submit ideas and/or sketches to Kenny Watkins and Moto Ishibashi, they are in charge of track design for the 2017 season.

We are not going to have a circus by throwing boards all over the place and we are not going to take 3 months to decide on a final design and once the design is complete, unless Kenny and Moto present to the rest of the powers to be there's a need for adjustments, it WILL stand for all regularly scheduled events in 2017.

My 2 cents, I think the existing track design is fine as the racers in only the past couple of months have finally learned the setup and driving style of the layout. It's no harder on engines, cars, or tyres as Kissimee, Homestead, or Ohio as all the tracks are large and fast.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If it ain't broke don't fix it, that's the way I see it. It's a fun, challenging layout, why change it?
Old 11-09-2016, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

layout similar to the old silverbowl would be great. Full throttle sweeper at end of back straight with some tight 180's in the infield. Not full throttle everywhere
Old 11-09-2016, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by YBSLOW
layout similar to the old silverbowl would be great. Full throttle sweeper at end of back straight with some tight 180's in the infield. Not full throttle everywhere
remember we have to include the large scale and 1/8 gt cars, tight 180's make it hard for them
Old 11-09-2016, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Hard is ok..... We don't want it all to be easy?!

Regards
BM
Old 11-09-2016, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gwilli2001us
remember we have to include the large scale and 1/8 gt cars, tight 180's make it hard for them
you can make it wide enough for them to negotiate a 180 while making it rewarding for good braking and staying tight with a sedan or 8th scale car.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

does anybody have the basic overall dimensions for track layout area. I can draw up some autocad renderings
Old 11-09-2016, 09:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

this are the dimensions but my understanding is that the current layout will be fine tune.. only couple of changes

VG
Attached Thumbnails GLARCRC 2017 Track Layout-img_3953.jpg  
Old 11-09-2016, 12:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vctr1
this are the dimensions but my understanding is that the current layout will be fine tune.. only couple of changes

VG
Fine tuning should be enough, no need to redesign the wheel. Either way we should count our lucky stars that we have a place to race
Old 11-09-2016, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Very grateful to have this track only 5.5 hours away and I have been attending races here since it moved from Crystal Park The only negative thing I have to say about current layout is that it is completely unsafe to corner marshal. New layout need to think about traffic flow and ability for marshals to safely get to cars. One accident will more than likely shut down all operations and I am kind of surprised it has not happened yet.
Old 11-09-2016, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

My opinion we need to come up with a better more secure but yet easier way of attaching the yellow track system together.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vctr1

VG
Originally Posted by nitrodude
Fine tuning should be enough, no need to redesign the wheel. Either way we should count our lucky stars that we have a place to race

I agree, I like the current layout and don't think it needs to be redesigned. I'm sure some fine tuning will just make it better...
Old 11-09-2016, 07:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phil Goodwine
My opinion we need to come up with a better more secure but yet easier way of attaching the yellow track system together.

there and .
Old 11-09-2016, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default track

Being that there are only a small handful of persons who do the majority of setup, tear down and most importantly load up and track stacking inside the trailer at the end of Sunday, and being that I am one of those persons, I would like to see the perimeter go back to the small outer perimeter as used in the past.

This past Friday track set up began at 8-830 and while there were several racers there, the majority of the track was put together by 4 or 5 guys and was not ready to run on until 3:30 in the afternoon.

After the 1/5 challenge the track was not loaded up in the trailer until well past 8 at night in the dark and rain with 6 guys doing the work and it was pretty much the same case for the KO race as well, rain excepted.

It is easy to sit back at the computer and make requests for what ever track suits your interest but the decision to run the larger circuit has not been fair for the small number of guys who have had to take on the majority of the burden of set up, tear down and load up.

The decision to use a larger track circumference was agreed upon by the majority of the racers earlier this year when the new layout was accepted and the verbal agreement between Glen and the racers was that there would be more help donated by those racers to setup and tear down and load up. For the most part, this has not been the case.

Put simply, the smaller perimeter is just less work for the small group of guys who set up, tear down and load up. The smaller perimeter was used for years and worked fine and good racing was had. Track safety and track marshaling are concerns with the larger circuit that were not really an issue with the smaller perimeter as well.

So if you really want the larger layout will you be there to set up, tear down and lastly step inside the trailer and stack the boards, load the sprayer, computer, speakers, sweep up the grounds, pick up trash and all the other number of things that need to get done but most never witness because they are either to busy bench racing or have already left the track by the time we are done loading the trailer so that YOU could have a place to race that weekend?? Well, my guess is probably not.

That was the agreement this year, but like I said, that has not been the case.

Last edited by Danny A.; 11-09-2016 at 11:12 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default track

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.