R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-20-2008, 08:04 PM   #1336
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winner's Circle View Post
This way there is a place for everyone. I personally will be in the Spec Class. After 20+ years of 1/8 on road open class racing I am tired of spending a ton of $$$ to race. I switched to the IGT Spec Class this year and I don't think I have every had more fun while spending so little money.

It is time for ROAR to step up and recognize the class and make rules.

Lee
Lee....you are well respected as a good store owner and also a racer, but I am definitely against the "OPEN" class....UNLESS there are too many "OPEN" class ppl that really committed to race the "OPEN" class...

Like jeff mentioned, Leisure Hour Bernie already started a SPEC GT class at my home track Leisure Hour Raceway....turnout is not hugh, it is NOT because it is Kyosho IGT only class, it is because ON ROAD is getting smaller and smaller. Beside, Leisure hour is a OFF ROAD orientated track (both indoor and outdoor)...

Now...MID WEST SERIES and BYRON On Road Challenge along with Great Lakes Challenge...3 major event in Mid West all draws a OK turn out for "SPEC" class GT with no limit about what brand, as long as it use the stock pull start engine (or equal), rubber tires and no transmission modification, that means CENTAX CLUTCH is not allow...the 2008 season were using the above rule and there are plenty of driver attending and no one is actually complaint about how come they cannot use their $500 modified engine or FOAM tires...infact, I don't even know why these IGT need to use foam tires when running on these $150 engine...? Unless there $150 RTR engine can get 2.8 hp @ 40,000 RPM like those $600 Italian made modified On Road engine...

Jeff mentioned he could be the "bad guy" when not allowing the MOD engine, centax, $500 of options or custom parts plus FOAM TIRES....please, this class is suppose to be $400 out of the box racer....if we need a "OPEN CLASS"...there are 2 already, one is 1/10th 200mm TC, the other is 1/8th ON ROAD....those are more "OPEN" then anything you can afford....sky is your limit, do those class, and forget about GT class.

Right now....it just need someone to create a website, name a class, may be called "GT League" or something....the key elements are, must be stock engine with pull start attached, with $150-200 cap (that need to be call out, I do not have the info yet, I just write down some numbers here just for example)...must be rubber tires from ANY BRAND with no limits of what kinda insert you use - no foam tires (IGT foam tires are like what....$60 per set?) Must use Touring car or GT car bodies. Must use the original exhaust header or pipe set (that can be review later....may be no 1-piece pipe allow cause most of the GT kits are using the coupler type exhaust). No centax...you can modified your 2-speed clutch or gearing but must be BUGGY base related. Must use Buggy base GT chassis. No 1/8th on road chassis modifed with GT tires and wheel axle...

I think if we want to build up this class, now is the time to start forming the GT Spec Class rule so any track thru out the US want to run this class, at least they have a set of rule for their racer to follow...

I only want to see 3 things happen on this class.....(1) Low cost (2) Fun to race (3) Fair to each other who are racing in this class.

Ok...I will shut up now...

Duneland....since MWS is going to setup the 2009 rule for the GT Spec Class....I must as well consult with Doug Carter and have him to share some idea about how he form the TRANS-AM rule, and I will create the GT SPEC CLASS rule and website, then I will start gathering everyone here on rctech about their opinion about the SPEC rule. But I be 1st to say, I am against the GT "OPEN" class rule unless there are 30 plus racer that garantee they will race at their home track 2-3 times per month...otherwise, they should go back to 1/8th on road instead.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Awesomatix USA, Roche USA, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:28 PM   #1337
Tech Elite

You can't argue with a legend of our sport "It is true in most cases that within any brand of engine their power ratings go up with the amount of ports, but this is due to more than just the quantity of ports"

Why do you think there is a number of port rule in 200mm sedan if its such a non issue?

JD, have no problem with Roar at all and for your information the IGT Spec class rules that I posted across the internet was done back in the fall of 2007, if you want to know the truth.

But hey, like I said before, do what you like with your rules, I hope they come out great. Just don't act like the racers, tracks & shops that have been racing a "GT Spec" program for a while don't know what time it is.

Is Kyosho in on the rule making for Roar?
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:49 AM   #1338
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

FYI,we started out with 25 to 30 gt racerers at SS speedway and had lots of fun every week keep in mind this is the track at jspeed claim to be his home track this drop to about 4 or 5 because of all the fighting with a couple of people trying to put all the strick rules the same with the state races here only 5 to 7 are racing in this class it just got out of hand with all the fighting now that Ronnie the track owner and shop owner lacked the rule for everyone to run what they buy not one manufactur we are getting a very large crowd again and jspeed do not race here unless it's a money race that's not support for local hobby shop before he got in on this tire thing deal,don't get me wrong it one of the best tires out there,he only wanted us to use kyshoso tires,now I'm not going to go back and forth with this again just thought you should know what the real story is here if it help at other tracks,we're having fun with the GT class again,thank you and put the fun back in the hobby stop the maddness
kmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:35 AM   #1339
Tech Elite

OK Mike,
You know what the real deal is bro, if you want to sling mud why don’t you dig deeper into the pit for everyone eating popcorn and watching this.

I’m supporting the FORGASS State Series program. They are cool enough to let us race with some of the best drivers in America on some of the best & most famous tracks in America, if not the World with our GT cars and yea… they are Roar.

Running with the FORGASS crowd takes time & money. The guys are dedicated hard core racers that travel our small state of Florida. Gas, hotels, food, party favors, entry fees.. yo bubba, even running the GT cars that don’t break up on rubber tires, you’re still talking about some cash outlay each month.

Anyway, I didn’t see you at any of the big races this year. Were you at Homestead Motor Speedway or at “The Fort”. You didn’t race at Kraceway for the “US Open Championships” last March. Whatz up with all of that, big time racer?

In a few weeks is FORGASS race #3 at Kraceway, you planning on skipping that one too Mike?

As far as supporting SS, well…. I helped him build up the place with a lot of hard work, late nights, pulling strings, making some deals and vouching for it all, for what…so you can bet money on me again, cut me in on the cash too & we’ll talk.

You know I luv ya bro, just bring you happy azz to a FORGASS race and have some fun with the rest of again, big time racer.

Stop the madness, hell... stop the stupid
Old 10-21-2008, 06:58 AM   #1340
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Anyone that thinks racing these cars in spec form can't be fun or competative, check this out...

I raced my spec IGT against mod-engined, foam-tired DM-1's and IGT's at the I-95 Showdown and managed to come in second place! It was my first time at a real track racing against mostly local guys. I had a blast! Proof that you can have fun and be competative with a spec car. Anyone looking to get into racing, this is the way to go. I can't wait until spring and my next trip back to the track!

Inferno GT1 / LRP Z.28R / Ipanema 2-speed / Dragon Racing / Max Velocity
Monster GT / LRP ZR.30
Spektrum DX3R
rpespo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:21 AM   #1341
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
OK Mike,
Running with the FORGASS crowd takes time & money. The guys are dedicated hard core racers that travel our small state of Florida. Gas, hotels, food, party favors, entry fees.. yo bubba, even running the GT cars that don’t break up on rubber tires, you’re still talking about some cash outlay each month.
Sounds like running the Kyosho IGT is expensive, don't a few of you guys keep stressing that this class should be about saving money. Seems as though this class is affordable when racing at local club level only....
vadn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:38 AM   #1342
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpespo View Post
I raced my spec IGT against mod-engined, foam-tired DM-1's and IGT's at the I-95 Showdown and managed to come in second place! It was my first time at a real track racing against mostly local guys. I had a blast! Proof that you can have fun and be competative with a spec car. Anyone looking to get into racing, this is the way to go. I can't wait until spring and my next trip back to the track!
Good job on your race. Proof to show that Mod and Stock can run together, and racers can still have, "...a Blast," with stock capable of get a podium finish.....
Old 10-21-2008, 07:44 AM   #1343
Tech Fanatic

Default New IGT2 Ver II

Looks like something new.....

Old 10-21-2008, 08:31 AM   #1344
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadn1 View Post
Looks like something new.....

Looks more like a Kyosho IGT clone.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:42 AM   #1345
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Looks more like a Kyosho IGT clone.
No I feel as though that car is the kyosho IGT, with Sirio engine and one piece pipe.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:55 AM   #1346
Tech Elite

Quote:
Anyone that thinks racing these cars in spec form can't be fun or competative, check this out...

Way to go bro!

Making Long Island proud.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:58 AM   #1347
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadn1 View Post
No I feel as though that car is the kyosho IGT, with Sirio engine and one piece pipe.
needs a pull start to fit in spec, and i'll take one. mabey it will stay up with the Force 28 a little better as for power.
titanismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:00 AM   #1348
Tech Elite

Vad,

The Kyosho IGT2 in the picture is a Japan only car in kit form with the Sirio. Its not RTR or being marketed in the USA. If you want to learn more about it go to www.kyosho.com.jp

You'll have to dig deep to find it, its well hidden and you'll need to be able to read japanese to find it.

Racing the GT cars is not as expensive as 200mm or 1/8 scale but everyone pays the same for race weekends away on the road.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:00 AM   #1349
Tech Adept

Quote:

we need some trophy girls here is florida.

good job on the second place
titanismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:12 AM   #1350
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Rules need to lay down in writing....on a website or something, so others can read it, share opinion, and the one whos setting the rules can adjust or explain why they can or cannot adjust that specify rule.

Engine with its original pull start MUST BE attached onto the car....engine with pullstart DOES NOT mean it need to be start with it, its all depends on the size of the flywheel....most all the IGT I have seen at Leisure Hour were started by the buggy size starter box, or the rotostart, or pullstart...is the owner choice.

1-piece exhaust....please, keep that onto the OFF ROAD or ON ROAD, most RTR kit exhaust are the one with the coupler...keep it that way.

Tires are open, as long as they are rubber...foam is for 12th scale and 1/8th,1/10th on road.

Bodies - GT type bodies or TC bodies. No OVAL bodies, no 1/8th LOLA type bodies. No REAR FLOATING MOUNT conversion allowed (I have seen ppl did that...)

2-speed gear box...OPEN but with some limited modification, will address that in the future.

Clutch...no CENTAX period. Then...it is open to any # of shoes and material.

No 1/8th On Road Car BELT DRIVE conversion....must be Buggy Base Chassis.

All mfr original options allowed such as sway bar, shocks, screws, this and that...

Minumum weight....someone should figure this out, something not super light and probably use 1 of the RTR kits from OFNA and Kyosho and average them out and call that number...

Who wants to add or adjust the above...please speak out.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Awesomatix USA, Roche USA, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote