R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-07-2008, 12:05 PM   #1171
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Can someone compare Kyosho IGT 2 (not 1) and OFNA DM-1 Spec? I think I know exactly the different between the 2...DM1-spec ($375 plus servos, engine, pipe...etc) is a better spec car compare to IGT2 but not necessary faster for spec racing compare to IGT2. Not to mention, easily $100-$150 cheaper for IGT2 ($400) and IGT2 has that fancy A4 body....

I just want to know I am not way off if I am getting IGT2 and get some right tires and can still race against Dm1-spec at the track...thanks.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Awesomatix USA, Roche USA, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:10 PM   #1172
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bigemike

i have the same question, I have the c6 vetter backordered for $370 shipped for the gt2, but then I see prices of $425 from stormer to $549 at amain for the same car?? is the price going up. Is the ofna a better deal and more competitive out of the box. The igt2 seems to of corrected alot of the problems that the igt had (brakes and gearing and chassis length) Let me know what you guys think about the cars and what I should get.
bigemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:10 PM   #1173
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDCrow Send a message via Skype™ to JDCrow

its possible your IGT2 Corvette Pre-Order Shipped Price Quote will change to what your seeing at the online, once your shop actually receives the car from their supplier.

Looks like they thought it would be in line with the IGT kits.
JDCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:17 PM   #1174
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You can find a DM-1 Spec for $330.
vadn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:32 PM   #1175
Tech Fanatic

Between the DM-1 Spec and the IGT2, hands down I would go with the DM-1. If you already pre ordered / purchased the IGT2 go with that. Either car is a winner when it comes down to racing. Example,

Forgass Race #1 Winner and TQ - DM-1 Spec
Forgass Race #2 Winner - IGT2, TQ - IGT

It all comes down to the driver and his/her skill.

Last edited by vadn1; 10-07-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:17 PM   #1176
Tech Adept

Default Tq

also the kyosho TQ in the fort...

SPONSORS RIO DENTAL IPANEMA RACING PROD.
HUMMERH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:45 PM   #1177
Tech Elite

At the risk of coming across as pompous, I know a little something about racing these “GT” cars and not only have I already raced the IGT2 car, have won with it at “The Fort” last weekend.

The engine was not yet fully broken-in, (only 3 tanks) before the first qualifier, so I tried not to lean it out during the day or for the 30 minute main.

My initial thoughts on the slightly longer car before driving it were that it might not be able to have the same turning radius as the IGT1, but the car proved me totally wrong.

The new chassis layout is very fun to drive and offers very nice steering, without any sign of rear traction loss with -2 degree rear toe-in block installed. The IGT2 seems easier to drive fast to me.

I also did some set-up changes that are very similar to my IGT1; the car set-up that worked well for me may be posted in the near future to help any IGT2 owners with a possible starting point for tracks similar to Fort Meyers.

The new IGT2 engine is a great improvement over the previous offering from Kyosho, as it seems to have a more linear power band. The engine is not an all out monster, but most of us that appreciate the true “spirit” of our class realize that if we wanted to go “all-out”, we’d be racing 1/8 scale or 200mm on-road.

The new IGT2 engine was able to propel the car to a 17.7 second lap time at “The Fort” during our second 5 minute qualifier and came off the track at 273 degrees. We richened the hi-end needle for the remaining qualifiers preparing for the main, in order to maintain temperatures for 30 minutes of Florida heat.

I’m very happy to be able to race with the new Kyosho IGT2 and can’t wait to race it again.I hope the Corvette body is available to compair aerodynamics.

The whole pricing talk going on here is another issue. It is possible that some “dealers” may have set pricing before they actually knew their cost.

It is also possible that other “dealers” may use “bait & switch” tactics to facilitate sales of other products or the may totally disregard the MAP (Minimum Advertised Pricing) level in order to make quick profits while undermining shops that follow more ethical business practices. Either way, like the old saying goes…. “Let the buyer beware”.

On the subject of Ipanema tires, they are manufactured from the highest quality pure Brazilian rubber available. They offer enough shore combinations to allow me to adapt to any track surface or race length or tempeture conditions I’ve encountered so far. The “one size fits all” mentality doesn’t work in rubber tire racing, that’s why I went to Fort Meyers with 40, 45, 50, 55 & 60 shore sets on hand.

Ipanema tires are more than just rubber material; they have belts that go all the way around the inside of the tire. They don’t “balloon” or rip or fly off the rims and are ready to win out of the package.

Sorry about the long post or if I’ve pissed anyone off, I just try to be a “straight shooter” and present my honest opinions on the products I’ve used in racing conditions and support the ones that get the job done for me.

O' yea.... Thanks to Werks Racing & Maxy Fuels too

See ya at the races
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:45 PM   #1178
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMERH3 View Post
also the kyosho TQ in the fort...
Tony,
Who got TQ, Paul...?
Old 10-07-2008, 07:02 PM   #1179
Tech Elite

Paul was the TQ, like almost always
Old 10-07-2008, 07:04 PM   #1180
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Paul was the TQ, like almost always
Jeff,
You have to get him next time at Kissimmee. Get on that VRC racing Sim.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:06 PM   #1181
Tech Regular

Default tires

When I read about needing to take FIVE diffrent shore sets of tires to the track it seems to me that it would be cheaper to race 10th scale sedan.
Fastforward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:14 PM   #1182
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastforward View Post
When I read about needing to take FIVE diffrent shore sets of tires to the track it seems to me that it would be cheaper to race 10th scale sedan.

It only takes one set of tires to win, but it's good to have options.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:16 PM   #1183
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastforward View Post
I hear you man, but ask anuone that has raced how many sets of foams they use at a "State Series", "National" or "International" event at "The Fort".

Add to the fact that you can run on a set of Ipanema Racing Sintec tires that are proven to last well over a gallon per set. So, those sets can last a long time and many different tracks.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:44 PM   #1184
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This is interesting, here is an answer to your question regarding how many sets of foams was used at the recent state race at Fort Myers:
2008 ROAR 1/10 ON ROAD GAS NATIONALS AT THE FORT
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:23 PM   #1185
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
This is interesting, here is an answer to your question regarding how many sets of foams was used at the recent state race at Fort Myers:
2008 ROAR 1/10 ON ROAD GAS NATIONALS AT THE FORT

That post is in reference to a 1/10 scale car and not a GT car.