R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-18-2008, 07:22 PM   #991
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danketchpel View Post
Thanks for the feedback!!! The P3 sounds like a great choice. I'm running a Picco .26Max "JL Red Dot" in my T-Maxx right now and am very happy with it.

Post back your thoughts on the Ninja .28 once you've run it.

LOL, I've got my eyes on a Baja 5BSS also. A friend has one and totally loves it.
Also all this talk about motors reminded me about my friends special project while i was worknig at a LHS here in miami one of my co-workers built a bad ass brushless inferno gt, right before the shop was sold to the new owner about 4 or 5 months ago when we both left and since then he put the car in storage once it was finished BUT never tested it untill last week, with the body ON running a 4S set up he was doing 71MPH in the blink of and eye its was prettty sweet, but we didnt get to find out the exact run time since the pinion gear unscrewed itself and we never found it again he's still playing with new set ups to see if it could go fastest ill let him know you guys r comeing to miami he's prolly take it out there just to mes around ill post about it later on............here is a few pics

Also i have a question of my own, i know the inferno gt is all about lower priced raceing and something everyone can join BUT has any one seen any advantage in useing foam wheels over the rubbers??? or has the rubbers advance so much that there is no need for foams??? i know foams r not in the spec rules but im just wondering if anyone has tryed them on the track and what there thought where compared to the rubbers for raceing i know the foams get expensive REAL QUICK, also how much do the wheels you guys use ballon??? im thinking about not useing foam for anymore for my street racer buggies to bring down the cost a little bit since i got threw foams like hot cakes
Old 08-19-2008, 01:40 PM   #992
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamizFinest View Post

Also i have a question of my own, i know the inferno gt is all about lower priced raceing and something everyone can join BUT has any one seen any advantage in useing foam wheels over the rubbers??? or has the rubbers advance so much that there is no need for foams??? i know foams r not in the spec rules but im just wondering if anyone has tryed them on the track and what there thought where compared to the rubbers for raceing i know the foams get expensive REAL QUICK, also how much do the wheels you guys use ballon??? im thinking about not useing foam for anymore for my street racer buggies to bring down the cost a little bit since i got threw foams like hot cakes
It seems like rubber tires work best for the GT cars.

Here's a quote from a friend of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr9ifgt View Post
Everyone used rubber and we where hooked up pretty good till the last race when my cuz Jerwin decided that he would try the foams and that's when he almost took out one of the turn marshals nuts out cause his car was all over the place
I saw dbr9ifgt's car run with foams on it during a practice session and it was all over the place also. I ran my IGT with the Ofna treaded tires on that track and I thought they hooked up very well.

The tires of "choice" seem to be Ipanemas, PMT, Ofnas, Kyosho slicks, (non necessarily in that order) depending on who you talk to. I just received a set of Ofna slicks to try out, but haven't run them yet.

BTW, interesting pix of the brushless IGT.
TA03R Cirtix 17.5 club spec
F109 Tekin 21.5
danketchpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:31 PM   #993
Tech Initiate

Ipanema Sintec Pre-Mounted Radial Slicks are setting TQs records & Winning a lot of GT races.

Please try to follow these "Break-I"n procedures for best tire performance

Scuffing tires prior to racing is recommended as it breaks in the carcass of the tire and improves the overall consistency of the tread compound, extending the life of the tire.

If a new unused set of tires is run too hard before the tread compound heats up, the tread could tear or grain.

For a proper break-in tires should be brought up to temperature slowly during the scuffing procedure; with tires at nominal pressure run a circuit or large figure-eight, starting at a reduced pace and gradually increasing.

Once the tires warm up and the grip level increases, run a cool down lap and then stop and allow the tires to cool to ambient temps.

It is recommended that tires be scuffed before coming to competition as the available practice areas typically aren't large enough to properly scuff a set of tires.

Good luck at the races!

www.ipanemaracing.webs.com
Ipanema Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:58 PM   #994
Tech Adept

Questions??

you only have to break them in once right?
nitrothugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:49 PM   #995
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipanema Racing View Post
Ipanema Sintec Pre-Mounted Radial Slicks are setting TQs records & Winning a lot of GT races.

Please try to follow these "Break-I"n procedures for best tire performance

Scuffing tires prior to racing is recommended as it breaks in the carcass of the tire and improves the overall consistency of the tread compound, extending the life of the tire.

If a new unused set of tires is run too hard before the tread compound heats up, the tread could tear or grain.

For a proper break-in tires should be brought up to temperature slowly during the scuffing procedure; with tires at nominal pressure run a circuit or large figure-eight, starting at a reduced pace and gradually increasing.

Once the tires warm up and the grip level increases, run a cool down lap and then stop and allow the tires to cool to ambient temps.

It is recommended that tires be scuffed before coming to competition as the available practice areas typically aren't large enough to properly scuff a set of tires.

Good luck at the races!

Can the tires be run in on a tire truer using a heat gun and sand paper?
vadn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:56 PM   #996
Tech Elite

The break in procedure listed is the same as used in "real professional" racing, like Nascar and such.

I've heard the same thing from some 1/5 scale guys running rubber tires as well.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:40 PM   #997
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Watch out Mika, looks like Mikko is turning up the heat

Was the guy that broke the diffs in the GTP running the "spool" or the 2speed?
Don't worry - the heat is burning all the time

And this GTP2 had 2-speed. And all I can say most of the GTP2s that I know have had this same failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESWLFSE View Post
Were the GTP2 diff failures in the ring/pinion or in the diff spider gears? The ring gear is huge and looks indestructible.

Did you open the cases to change lubricants or were the diff cases left sealed and stock?

I noticed the same greenish grease both within the diff and on the ring/pinion.

Mine have been refilled with 100K/40K and ring/pinion lubed with Mobil 1 synth grease but not run yet.
The failure has either been in shimming of the pinion and so the contact of the ring gear and pinion gear has been bad and teeth has got ripped of. Or the failure has been in the mounting of the ring gear, which loosens, screws have not been secured with loctite.

These failures have happened to cars that were straight from the box, so differentials have not been opened.

And this is what I have seen or heard. So far I don't know any cases where the spider gears would have failed.
MikkoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 12:37 AM   #998
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock View Post
RCG, Sorry to all if the news I posted rubs you the wrong way but this is R/C and a Kyosho chassis won the race!!! (thread topic shouldn't matter)

Ofna minions? No if you have a problem with Ofna then you should write to them and voice your opinion about their branding. I am a big fan and supporter of Kyosho for my ten plus hobby years.

Ofna has never appealed to me...
Prostock, I apologize that I wasn't more clear in my post, I know you didn't come up with that propaganga, so my comments we're intended more for label makers at OFNA and the BS they try to slide past everyone. I wasn't referring to you as a "minion," but they do have a small group of employees that seem to do nothing by post OFNA drivel all over the web. Keep preaching the GT class gospel. Sorry to get off topic again, but I wanted to make it more clear it wasn't about you - you're one of the good guys, even though you have an OFNA.
rcg33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:50 AM   #999
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jeff BBQ View Post
FYI There are 2 INFERNO GT'S FOR SALE on the For sale Forums!

later
Jeff Epperson
Blowin Smoke BBQ
2-cars - All Spare parts-8-Bodies-15-sets of New Tires-10-sets of good used tires-Extra New motor-and pipe.
Everything i owen IGT for $750.00
call me 404-886-8120
thanks
Jeff E.
Kevin Hutchinson
Big Jeff BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:21 PM   #1000
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcg33k View Post
Prostock, I apologize that I wasn't more clear in my post, I know you didn't come up with that propaganga, so my comments we're intended more for label makers at OFNA and the BS they try to slide past everyone. I wasn't referring to you as a "minion," but they do have a small group of employees that seem to do nothing by post OFNA drivel all over the web. Keep preaching the GT class gospel. Sorry to get off topic again, but I wanted to make it more clear it wasn't about you - you're one of the good guys, even though you have an OFNA.
RCG,

No problem brother; as for the DM-1 I like it handles like a dream. Kyosho IGT is my class let's keep it moving!

Old 08-21-2008, 01:55 AM   #1001
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up tire

hi. Now hard to find this IGT tire. Where i can find this tire..
isaali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:44 AM   #1002
Tech Elite

GT racers that are attending the MWS race at Leisure Hours this weekend! I will be inspecting cars at this event.

1/8 GT Class Rules

Any 1/8 buggy based on-road car. (Kyosho Inferno GT, OFNA GTP, etc.)
Rubber tires
Sport .28 or smaller, buggy/truggy engine. Including; Axial .28, Force .28, Kyosho .28, Infinity .28, Mach .26. All these engines are inexpensive and readily available.

Sports car or touring car bodies.

If you have an engine in mind, that is not listed here, you must clear it with me before running. If it is in the same price and performance class, I will likely allow it.

These rules will be reviewed at the end of season, and altered as need be to maintain the spirit of the class.

Ad to the above engine list; Duratrax SuperTiger .27, OS RG .21 and OS VG .21.
These engines are in the same performance and price range.
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:26 PM   #1003
Tech Initiate

Ipanema Racing is proud to welcome the addition of another great source for our pre-mounted radial racing tires.

The Hobby Habit 352 N. State Unit B, Orem, UT 84057 (801) 224-5521

Bruckner Hobbies 3357 East Tremount Ave. Bronx NY 10465 Phone: (718) 863-3434

Leisure Hours Hobbies 2712 Plainfield Road, Joliet, Illinois 60433 Phone: (815) 439-1477

Winner's Circle 1815 Vintage Drive, Snellville, GA 30078 Phone: (866)-648-7672

Mid-South Hobbies 733 North White Station, Memphis, TN. 38122 Phone: (901) 682-9865

Elite Performance 8809-A Gunn Hwy, Odessa, Fl. 33556 Phone: (813)-920-0420

Hobby Town USA South-Point 3120 Pine Lake Road, Lincoln, NE. 68516 Phone: (402) 434-5040

Brooklyn Hobbies 3842 Flatlands Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11234 Phone: (718) 951-2500

Nitro RC Chop Shop 6073 Mt. Moriah Road, Memphis, TN, 38115 Phone: (901) 794-0672

Hobby Town USA Flowood 360 Ridge Way Drive, Flowood, MS. 39232 Phone: (601) 919-8697

RC Tech 1618 Sullivan Ave Suite#5, Daly City, CA. 94015 Phone: (650) 992-7600

The Hobby Habit 352 North State, Unit B, Orem, UT 84057 (801) 224-5521

Ipanema Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #1004
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneland View Post
GT racers that are attending the MWS race at Leisure Hours this weekend! I will be inspecting cars at this event.

1/8 GT Class Rules

Any 1/8 buggy based on-road car. (Kyosho Inferno GT, OFNA GTP, etc.)
Rubber tires
Sport .28 or smaller, buggy/truggy engine. Including; Axial .28, Force .28, Kyosho .28, Infinity .28, Mach .26. All these engines are inexpensive and readily available.

Sports car or touring car bodies.

If you have an engine in mind, that is not listed here, you must clear it with me before running. If it is in the same price and performance class, I will likely allow it.

These rules will be reviewed at the end of season, and altered as need be to maintain the spirit of the class.

Ad to the above engine list; Duratrax SuperTiger .27, OS RG .21 and OS VG .21.
These engines are in the same performance and price range.
I like those rule. I won't be running in your races, but 2 engines I'd like to know if you'd allow are:

1. Picco .28 P3

2. LRP .28 Spec 3

I simply want to get your "feelings" if you'd consider them in the same class for racing purposes, if not, why? This is just for my info.

I'm assuming you would not allow the O.S. .21VZ-R Ver 2, just trying to understand the boundries.
TA03R Cirtix 17.5 club spec
F109 Tekin 21.5
danketchpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:01 PM   #1005
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i don't really understand this class. what do i have to do to run it i have a team losi buggy 8ight?
CREWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote