Originally Posted by afm
So engines can be modified now??

AFM
Yes you can.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Reaper1ct
Guys i came across something strange.....i decided to rip my Gt2 nitro racespec apart and use a e conversion from my kyosho buggy (mp777 sp1) including the single speed diff....but the front shaft was to short (90mm) tried the rear shaft to long (120mm)......need a shaft (dogbone) that doesnt seem to exist (110mm) only hpi and JQ make.....WTF? any ideas why?
Yes, I've ran into the same problem. Really strange as I thought it's going to be a direct bolt on conversion. Is there a need to change to a longer drive cups or anything like that? How different is this conversion from the model that comes as electric out of the box??
Old 09-26-2014, 11:16 AM
afm
Tech Master

Default SERVOS

What´s the ideal Torque/speed for steering and acc/brk servos for these cars, considering their weight.

AFM

Last edited by afm; 09-26-2014 at 11:17 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 09-26-2014, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by afm
What´s the ideal Torque/speed for steering and acc/brk servos for these cars, considering their weight.

AFM
You really need to have over 300 oz and less then 0.1S for speed on your steering for these babes.
Throttle/ Brake I tend to use the same but I would say you can get by easily on a servo with 200 oz or so.
I think throttle speed and torque is a more personal taste ..... but thats me.

Regards
BM
Old 10-06-2014, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by afm

AFM

Alfonso,

Im using Savox 1256 servos on my GT's for years ... no problem at all ...
Old 10-14-2014, 06:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
It was probably your lack of 'maintenance' that caused the TeamC failures because Marcus Williams doesn't like 'bashing' on his TeamC. If you don't have such a big urge to do 'race-rubbing', the Kyosho is fine for the beginner........I have statements from 'Kyosho America'.

And to set the record straight, I had to do a McGyver fix for your brand new Serpent the morning of your first outing with that car at IRCR.

I never made the harmful statements you claim I did about Kyosho, TeamC or Paolo. Marcus pushed you to misinterpret my message and sent you the PM that you admit to and witnesses have verified.

I'm amazed that someone thinks you are 'Tech-Elite'........you were going to 'pack-it-up' and go home that day until I volunteered to fix your car.

I've made no 'bold statements'..........concerning the TeamC issue, I was mirroring comments made by TeamC users that were not happy with the 'failure rate' you acknowledge. I'm not the one that 'stepped in it' here by stating the Kyosho has 'poor racability'................ A 'bold' and 'stupid' statement is is like your claim 'Paolo can spank us on 3 wheels'..........really !!

Is it still true that you have not yet been on 'the podium' at a major event. I think it will remain so because there are too many 'factory drivers' including the one that can 'spank you on 3 wheels'.

Sounds like someone needs to adjust their meds again

Move on man, its not that serious

Just for kicks lets get your explanation on what roll center does, I am sure the audience could use a refresher from a pro like you
Old 10-14-2014, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I have some new & used Alpha tires if anyone is looking. I no longer have a GT to run.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-gt-tires.html
Old 10-14-2014, 12:45 PM
Tech Rookie

On a Kyosho Inferno GT2... What would be a good combination for spur / pinion for great acceleration? Very high speed isn't that important. 43/46 spur and 16/19 pinion?
Old 10-14-2014, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Snikopat
On a Kyosho Inferno GT2... What would be a good combination for spur / pinion for great acceleration? Very high speed isn't that important. 43/46 spur and 16/19 pinion?
It depends on the engine that you are using. The spur/pinion combos you lists are great if you are using a low to mid-range grunt engine. If you are using an engine with high-end legs (an onroad .21), you might want to go to a 15/19, 15/18, or 14/18 on your clutchbell pinions. The clutch bell pinions also depend on a technical track versus speed track and small to large as far as size. Monitor your engine temps and experiment with the different combos until you find what works at the track that you are running.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Guys help me out a little bit, I've got some slack going on in my inferno's servo saver. Is there a upgrade servo saver that uses ball bearings and not just metal to metal?

Last edited by MiamizFinest; 10-21-2014 at 10:54 AM.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Anyone? I'm kinda hoping maybe the Mp777 servo saver works? Its a 4 bearing design and looks pretty close.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MiamizFinest
Anyone? I'm kinda hoping maybe the Mp777 servo saver works? Its a 4 bearing design and looks pretty close.
Hi!

Yea GTs develop a lot of slop. Something that always helps is to have a close look at where the slop is and add shims here and there. But also the ball cups and ball ends on the camber and steering links wear so it's a good thing to change them. There also can be some play in the lower arms. Basically anything that moves or rotates will develop some play at some point.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Joe Kimble
Hi!

Yea GTs develop a lot of slop. Something that always helps is to have a close look at where the slop is and add shims here and there. But also the ball cups and ball ends on the camber and steering links wear so it's a good thing to change them. There also can be some play in the lower arms. Basically anything that moves or rotates will develop some play at some point.

Hope this helps.
Yea there is no slop in those places, my slop is the on servo saver and the shaft it rides on. Since its metal to metal over time it's worn out. Id like to upgrade it to a 4 bearing design like pretty much every other rc car on the market but I'm not sure if the mp777 servo save will fit.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Yea there is no slop in those places, my slop is the on servo saver and the shaft it rides on. Since its metal to metal over time it's worn out. Id like to upgrade it to a 4 bearing design like pretty much every other rc car on the market but I'm not sure if the mp777 servo save will fit.
I don't know much about the inferno but my bet is that it would fit. A lot of parts are the same from the 777 to the GT2...
Old 10-22-2014, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yes, the MP777 servo saver should fit fine. The GT1 and GT2 are basically the original MP 7.5 chassis which many of the triple 7 parts should fit/work.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.