R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-09-2008, 11:40 AM   #946
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winner's Circle View Post
I am getting conflicting info but I heard that one will be available the end of this month and the other one will come out in Sept. If anyone has any other info please post it.

Thanks,

Lee
The car is on the Kyosho Amer website with a buy now tag. Not available yet but close. Can't wait!!!!

Old 08-09-2008, 02:23 PM   #947
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock View Post
The car is on the Kyosho Amer website with a buy now tag. Not available yet but close. Can't wait!!!!

I have a bunch of both new GT2 cars on order but all I am hearing is rumors and no solid answers about when they will be available.

Lee
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:53 PM   #948
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winner's Circle View Post
I have a bunch of both new GT2 cars on order but all I am hearing is rumors and no solid answers about when they will be available.

Lee
Do you think they will have an upgrade kit for current IGT owners
SLASH BOX STOCK-
NITRO TC3 ROSSI .12
nitro psyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 10:54 PM   #949
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
As far as allowing the OFNA GTP car in, I don't have a problem with it. The more competitors in the class, the better it would be in the long run and if that means creating an outlaw class for the ones that just "have" to modify the car to the hilt, so be it.
My feelings exactly. I do think the various cars need to on the same basic playing field price and technology wise, especially for a "stock" class. An open class with some fundamental rules should suffice for the modders. You just need to exclude some things like belt drives and make a $$$ limit on engines ($300 ?) to keep out the high end road burners.

As for electrics, that should be a separate class period.

But overall I think having more than one brand compete together is best and also pushes the manufacturers to offer more and better products. For example if Ofna products are excluded they will just go and create a separate Ofna based series which just segregates the sport, not good.

I don't see this happing in 1/8 on-road, you have Mugens, Kyoshos, and Serpents all competing together.
TA03R Cirtix 17.5 club spec
F109 Tekin 21.5
danketchpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:01 PM   #950
Tech Adept

Default Real Racing!

danketchpel,

Yes, simple rules on what is allowed and not allowed will keep this class going. All manufactures RTR chassis $300-$500 should be on track together period.

R/C racing is modeled after real racing so let take a page from their book by allowing other chassis to compete in the IGT class. Rolex and LeMans style racing is my vision 1/10, 1/8 (onroad), 1/8 (IGT), 1/7 (DM-1) on track together for an endurance race / class would be great....

WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. (August 8, 2008) - One week after scoring an improbable first victory in the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series presented by Crown Royal Cask No. 16, AIM Autosport made victory number two look easy Friday night at Watkins Glen International.

The car is the first Chip Ganassi 2004 #001 Riley chassis purchased buy AIM Autosport. This chassis won the 2004 24 hour Rolex race; very impressive for a 4 year old car!

B
Old 08-11-2008, 12:41 AM   #951
Tech Master

Rainy days here but some running & tuning, though.

On Saturday we tried the car on the wet track and it was fun! It had rained in the morning so the track was drying thruout the day, not completely wet. Car responded well to tuning so it handled well on a wet track, too. I've been following recently my laptimes using a Team Orion lap counter and using it I was able to measure the improvements made to the car. Can recommend the lap counter to everyone to make training more interesting even with the stock engine.

Next race is the coming weekend. We'll have few OFNA DM-1's to compete against. We have a long straight and DM-1's are strong there due to longer gearing. To be competitive I've done few changes:

I changed the clutchbell to the one that ships with Kyosho FW05 car. Haven't got the Kyosho gears yet for it (16/20 and 17/21) but had 17/20 HPI gears that fitted to the bell so I was able to test it with this gearing on a parking lot. Since the 1st gear is rather tall (17) I removed a lot of material from the clutch shoes before testing. I figured that lighter shoes will engage later and prevent bogging on the 1st gear off the line. First tests gave me a good feeling! The car is fast and everything seems to wrok well. Waiting the get the 21 2nd gear to have even a bit higher to speed. But the car is sure fast right now!
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:01 AM   #952
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock View Post
danketchpel,
Rolex and LeMans style racing is my vision 1/10, 1/8 (onroad), 1/8 (IGT), 1/7 (DM-1) on track together for an endurance race / class would be great....
I think that large of a variation in speed, along with large potential number of cars on the track, would require a very large track. I'm not sure of the track size in your area, but at my local track I think it would be too much for one race. The fact that the 1/8 on-road cars run tremendously faster than the GT cars makes it a challenge. The 1/10 cars which are fast but substantially smaller which also poses a challenge. I could see similar scales but different classes together IF the track was larger enough to allow for safe passing.

I guess I'd prefer to see classes of 1/10, 1/8 on-road, and GT - (1/8 & 1/7), run separately.

I don't know about the more seasoned racers, but I'm not interested in running a main that lasts longer than a half hour.
F109 Tekin 21.5
Old 08-11-2008, 04:27 PM   #953
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro psyco View Post
Do you think they will have an upgrade kit for current IGT owners
I doubt that Kyosho will offer an upgrade but I could be wrong. There are too many different parts - chassis, brakes, engine, tank.

Lee
Old 08-11-2008, 04:28 PM   #954
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER View Post
I'm not upset about the IGT or the GTP2 because I have them both. I just priced out the DM-1S and the solution to that is parting out my GTP2.
When the IGT2 comes out, I'll do the same (you listening Lee???!!!).
Anyway, I do agree that this class should be the RTR based car class. There are more and more of these cars showing up to our track in specific classes. People love the pricing and the look of these big cars. Many of my friends that ran off road love these cars. Just like you said JLock, the more people out there the better! Stay tuned for electric conversions of the IGT/GTP2 cars coming soon. That is the next evolution of these cars. Anything new, let it come!!
Message received!

Lee
Old 08-11-2008, 04:54 PM   #955
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What I think it should be like a Lemans class if you have wide veriety of cars in 1/8th scale to get a full grid of racing and this is in some cases, to me it looks like it's a new turn for touring car racing which is good to here and I will run on every chance I get, I like the way the car go around the track but to be bias over another car and not compete against is not the way to look at, just recently manufactures (and I want to say two of them the O and the K) have really made some heads turn to see them race on the track and that's a thumbs up to me, a few of us here at Ofna go out and run at the Greater LA club race and have a blast but do want to invite our fellow competitor to come out and have a good time and rub some doors. It's all nothing but smiles and great track talk. But the Le Mans style of racing would be cool to see a Dm-1 being challenge by an IGT and on the other side an IGT2 battling GTP2 for sweeper the point is there would be all kinds of action on the track and who doesn't like it smaller car overtakes a bigger car or can jitter all the way down the straight keeping the pace with all of the other cars, shoot I even was chased down by a GTP with our Force RTR (leaned out!) against my DM-1 with a Picco engine, we all had a laugh after that fuel run but open arms to it and make it happen we here at Ofna have some good suprizes up our sleeve that you will love.

lets keep it with the name of GT class and yes spec and open will still be the key to competetive racing but now the are 6 key cars to this(IGT,IGT2,GTP,GPT2,DM-1,DM-1spec)
you got to have this Lemans style of racing till you can have enough to break up.

Like the Jammin CRT.5 we race with the 10th scale trucks but they break us down in our own class, but to get the overall win makes it even better,so when you here that the Porshe Spyder gets the win or TQ over the Audi your like wow!!!! That's good racing.

Dj
Ofna Racing
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:20 PM   #956
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by -R2- View Post
lets keep it with the name of GT class and yes spec and open will still be the key to competetive racing but now the are 6 key cars to this(IGT,IGT2,GTP,GPT2,DM-1,DM-1spec)
you got to have this Lemans style of racing till you can have enough to break up.
That makes sense, especially if you only have 1 or 2 of each show up. I'd say it still comes down to what the track can handle safely.

I'm looking forward to "rubbing doors" with you Greater LA guys soon. I've still got a lot of track learning to do but as long as the attitude is relaxed, I'm in. What's the deal with tires for you guys? Rubber only or ??? It's good to know in advance (yes, I need to read back through this thread.....)

We need all the support we can get at SV raceway. I think it could be cool if there were a few different tracks in the SoCal area that supported GT racing so you could rotate venues. Maybe there's more that I'm not aware of???
F109 Tekin 21.5
Old 08-11-2008, 07:33 PM   #957
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ESWLFSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
As far as allowing the OFNA GTP car in, I don't have a problem with it. The more competitors in the class, the better it would be in the long run and if that means creating an outlaw class for the ones that just "have" to modify the car to the hilt, so be it.
What if the OFNA GT2 with adjustable caster and the pivot-ball front end is the dominant spec car?
ESWLFSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:44 PM   #958
Tech Adept

Default LeMans

Quote:
Originally Posted by danketchpel View Post
That makes sense, especially if you only have 1 or 2 of each show up. I'd say it still comes down to what the track can handle safely.

But the Le Mans style of racing would be cool to see a Dm-1 being challenge by an IGT and on the other side an IGT2 battling GTP2 for sweeper the point is there would be all kinds of action on the track and who doesn't like it smaller car overtakes a bigger car or can jitter all the way down the straight keeping the pace with all of the other cars, shoot I even was chased down by a GTP with our Force RTR (leaned out!) against my DM-1 with a Picco engine, we all had a laugh after that fuel run but open arms to it and make it happen we here at Ofna have some good suprizes up our sleeve that you will love.

Dj
Ofna Racing
The Revolution has began! I am all in on the LeMans style racing R2. Ofna you are now my new car brand due to my purchase of the DM-1; it's engineering and quality is excellent. Keep the surprises coming!!!

LET'S GO RACING BOYZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B
Old 08-12-2008, 06:00 AM   #959
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESWLFSE View Post
What if the OFNA GT2 with adjustable caster and the pivot-ball front end is the dominant spec car?
We had in our last GT-race both IGT and GTP2 cars and I can say that these cars are very close to each other - by overall performace. I personally had really, really close battle with one GTP2 for the 1st place (I race IGT). I would say that it is more to the driver/ mechanic which car goes faster around the track.

We are having our 2nd GT race next Sunday and there will be IGT, GTP2 and also few DM-1 cars. I'm looking foward to this race and after sunday we will know how IGT, GTP2 and DM-1 will be compared to each other.

Our rules restricts only body "GT style" over rubber tyres and engine/ mufler must be RTR.
MikkoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:38 AM   #960
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

At Greater LA Race we first ran foam tires but the wear was too much, and last week they ran the PMT rubber tires that are from the 1/5th scale cars and they worked great(20 front,10 rear) so now we're sticking to rubber, lap times that are fast are in the 19's but have seen some really fast ones in 18 and that's on rubber, I'm GRP and other brands will work also but we're sticking with PMT's, I'll post on here the next time we go all out in force. Oh and I forgot fellow racer (SNR) ran there with 1/5 scales on practice day and rocking with them on rubber and those 1/5th scalers that go out there are no joke esp. Victor (long time fellow racer and friend)

go 1/8th style Le Mans racing

Dj
Ofna Racing
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote