Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jazza
Robert that looks very cool mate, nice job.

Is that the Serpent body?? where did you get that beauty

Cheers Daz
That's the good ol Mclaren body. You can get them from multiple manufacturers. I know Ofna has it and Team C for sure.

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...GTP-Body-Clear
Old 03-31-2014, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxy
Congratulations Bart Collins Region 4 Champion First Place and Franco Desiderio Second Place, Bart Used Maxy's Cinco BT And Maxy's Fuel.

1.- Barts Collins - Maxy's Cinco BT/Maxy's Fuel
2.-Franco Desiderio - Maxy's Fuel
3.- Daid Larry - Picco/Byron Fuel

Congrats Guys
Was this a roar sanction race,where everyone raced up to 5 ports?
Old 03-31-2014, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
Sooooo How is it??? I haven't been able to get mine out yet Been snowing here...

It is VERY good, i did not try it with the full wing but it is perfect as is with the center cut down. Low speed steering for me was the thing that stood out the most. Not sure how quick it is lap time wise but it felt good considering the track conditions which were as bad as it gets, Rained all week last week , has not been prepped for about a month and the Pollen/ragweed count is super high right now in houston so my car was completely covered in yellow dust. Nova challenge is coming up soon so that will be the true test and i will have laptimes to compare to. I am sold though, love the looks and the handling is solid, best choice we have right now in my opinion
Old 03-31-2014, 07:48 PM
Tech Addict

Talking

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
It is VERY good, i did not try it with the full wing but it is perfect as is with the center cut down. Low speed steering for me was the thing that stood out the most. Not sure how quick it is lap time wise but it felt good considering the track conditions which were as bad as it gets, Rained all week last week , has not been prepped for about a month and the Pollen/ragweed count is super high right now in houston so my car was completely covered in yellow dust. Nova challenge is coming up soon so that will be the true test and i will have laptimes to compare to. I am sold though, love the looks and the handling is solid, best choice we have right now in my opinion
Sounds good, when they were released I ordered 4 of them lol. I really like the look and I really like how wide the fenders are. I was able to mount it lower than any other body I have tested. It looks very similar to the R3 with an updated rear end. Glad to hear it is working good so far. What changes are you making to the body? The rear wing in stock location seems to be back pretty far more than likely taking away some turn in, did you change that? hahaha dang it I need to get it out!!! So excited. thanks for the reply Marcus
Old 03-31-2014, 07:55 PM
Tech Champion

Sounds good, when they were released I ordered 4 of them lol. I really like the look and I really like how wide the fenders are. I was able to mount it lower than any other body I have tested. It looks very similar to the R3 with an updated rear end. Glad to hear it is working good so far. What changes are you making to the body? The rear wing in stock location seems to be back pretty far more than likely taking away some turn in, did you change that? hahaha dang it I need to get it out!!! So excited. thanks for the reply Marcus
Actually only thing i changed is the cut down center, wing is mounted in the stock location. As you can tell the turn in is great, obviously even better with track prep. I may play around with raising the actual wing via spacers and bigger side dams just for the heck of it but at least on my car its pretty damn good!
I think the width is the key to stopping the body tuck and yes the CG is lower for sure. the roofline is definitely the same as the R3 but i think that is it. Front fenders are higher, hood appears to be lower and the rear is completely different.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
Thanks. You guys racing GT8 anywhere in Ontario? I got back into 1/5th scale racing, but would love to come watch some GT action.
We had a few races about 2 years ago with a club called DRRC. But it was a 1/10 scale track and they closed the club about a year ago...a real shame!
We're hope we can get something started again this summer.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Actually only thing i changed is the cut down center, wing is mounted in the stock location. As you can tell the turn in is great, obviously even better with track prep. I may play around with raising the actual wing via spacers and bigger side dams just for the heck of it but at least on my car its pretty damn good!
I think the width is the key to stopping the body tuck and yes the CG is lower for sure. the roofline is definitely the same as the R3 but i think that is it. Front fenders are higher, hood appears to be lower and the rear is completely different.
Nice! Pretty cool it comes with two wings, these guys really know how to make the racers happy. That Top powerplant of yours sounds pretty dang good too!
Did you get the lightweight version or the regular Blitz?
Old 03-31-2014, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Thanks

That's the good ol Mclaren body. You can get them from multiple manufacturers. I know Ofna has it and Team C for sure.

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...GTP-Body-Clear
Thanks heaps for the info Ty, much appreciated
Old 03-31-2014, 09:11 PM
Tech Champion

Nice! Pretty cool it comes with two wings, these guys really know how to make the racers happy. That Top powerplant of yours sounds pretty dang good too!
Did you get the lightweight version or the regular Blitz?
Its 1mm thick, I got them from Desoto and do not recall seeing an option.
That TOP is a beast, 1.5 gallons through it and you still cant spin it over by hand
In the vid it came off at 215*! super rich from the last race down in the valley. I normally run in the 270 range, took about 8 laps before it started to shift right

Originally Posted by Jazza
Thanks heaps for the info Ty, much appreciated
i have a brand new one for sale if you are interested, i can ship anywhere.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

i have a brand new one for sale if you are interested, i can ship anywhere.[/QUOTE]

I sent you a PM mate, Cheers
Old 03-31-2014, 10:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

got them to match my Toyota Tundra
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-image.jpeg  
Old 03-31-2014, 10:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

one more
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-image-1.jpeg  
Old 04-01-2014, 12:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Robert R
one more
Woohoo nice, you tease Rob looks awesome.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

i also chopped an R8!!
[/QUOTE]

It looks better chopped! Now....someone make a mold and sell em!
Old 04-01-2014, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by J-milz
i also chopped an R8!!
It looks better chopped! Now....someone make a mold and sell em![/QUOTE]

Thats was my intent but it looking like its going to be about a 4k dollar investment per body style, unlikely that i will sell enough to cover that so i dont think its going to happen........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.