R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-23-2013, 11:18 PM   #9226
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
So everytime someone disagrees with you your gonna throw the Jeff card, that gets old too Just like when Jeff quotes everything said by everyone. Or past history "My spec roar National Example speaks for it self" Look in the mirror bud you sound more like him than anyone to be honest.
So you dont degrade Tony but you continue to harass me. From the get go i have said nothing bad about or to you yet you just love to harass me for some reason. Well Lets just stay out of each others way, keep my name out of your mouth and i will do the same. If you were not banned from Mikes I would see you there so maybe in homestead, if you can make it.

I think all points have been made for all arguments everyone should just pick what they want to run and go with it. See you guys in homestead! Peace out
Respond to your logic for the last time.

Since you have been doing ALL THE DEFENDING OF WHY THIS RULE AND THAT RULE SHOULD BLAH BLAH BLAH…. I am one of many who disagreed with you ….. You call it harassment…..remember this was your initial Topic. Jedi mind trick? You are the one crying. Even Tony wrote he asked you not to post

As to whom sounds like who??? Dude look at the last few pages… every time Tony posts you are his stamp….go look.ummm sounds like ..Wait wait, figure it out. Since about 5 days ago u have posted approx 40 times in some sort of (my way or the highway attitude) I have posted approx 10 opinions and facts based on what has been suggested.

Banned at mikes…… Yup that’s me, BANNED. I Was stolen from, I threatened the thief, he cried to Mike & lied his but off, good for him. He must be so proud.

At least I travel with GT8 yearly for a few years supporting this class, where have u been? Every large event I travel to the sponsors that help make this GT class fun give me 600-1000 dollars of RC goodies to support GT to give AWAY AND SUPPORT THE CLASS.

The ROAR SPEC RULE TOPIC I SPOKE OF WAS TO PROVE WITH FACTUAL EXAMPLES HOW SPEC RACING RULES ARE ACTUALLY DONE / AS TO GIVE YOU AN EXAMPLE HOW A WELL RESPECTED SANCTIONING BODY ALREADY HAS DONE IT WITH MUTIPLE CLASSES. GO LOOK AT ALL THE LAST 10 YEARS………………SPEC CLASSES ARE GREAT WHEN DONE PROPERLY JUST LOOK AT THE TURN OUTS DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CALLED / EXAMPLE/MAYBE ONE TO FOLLOW SORRY TO TRY AND HELP YOU IMPROVE.

Take S Ponds example in his last post

Would be my pleasure never to respond to anything you say again.

Smiley face…………

ABSOLUTE HOBBYZ / Engines Modded by The Nitro Shop
*1speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:19 PM   #9227
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgboyz View Post
+1
Tired of the degradation of others that have observations and valid points to be heard and not squelched by one kicking and screaming louder and more often than anyone else. What's the point?
Does nothing to help the cause or grow the class.

The Federation should have a written/posted mission statement not just rules of said classes.
Thank you
Old 09-23-2013, 11:36 PM   #9228
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
Of the two popular tires already in use in the GT class, one is 41mm and the other is 47mm. So, perhaps it's a typo, but the max (perhaps only in the rear) should be 47mm. I like some of the other ideas as well. I don't support open motors in any class. My personal preference would be for spec and perhaps a "modified" class in which a more powerful engine, but not ridiculously priced, can be used. I would support more specific limits on the construction of the engines, which naturally limits the cost and performance, without getting too stuck on a price (although a ceiling should exists there as well). I think we need to be smart about including as much detail as possible in the rules (while still making it easy to comply) to avoid the class killing mistakes that wide open rules have allowed in the past.
ROAR Please just do it

This class deserves it. Lets race
Old 09-24-2013, 02:48 AM   #9229
Tech Addict

Hello from France,

like always I read this thread, I think you finally don't want growing...

You have the luck there's so many racers in GT8 class so, you can deal with a Spec or an Open class.

No problem for the open class: free, free, free... (Ok, light rules!!)

For the Spec class, I think you have integrate the fact, the economy is not so good!!!
I think you have to ban what is making this category too expensive for a "standart modelist", not a racer!!

Choose a hard compound tyre that last around 4 hours, the same for everybody.
Choose a panel of realistic bodies.
When you ask a kid, which brand is his RC Car, he answered a Subaru, a Porsche and not a Serpent or a Ofna...
You (and I) have to push the public to come into RC world.
Nice recognisable bodies, low budget racing (hard tyres last longer, don't destroy transmissions...), same chance to win...

Au revoir.
romuald31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:10 AM   #9230
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by *1speedy View Post
ROAR Please just do it

Heads up, you may beg and wish all you want be it's not happening for 2014 either.
I received an email a few days prior to posting IGT8F rules from supporters that are a very much a big part ROAR. It included a copy of the actual submitted rules for GT8, even rules for a Modified Class of GT8 with all the exact details to definition of each rule. I was even excited! But at the annual meeting once again, GT was not even mentioned. I then got the GREEN light to my creation, and a "Thank you for stepping up and finally moving us forward".

Take it as you want, but your never answered my questions.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:13 AM   #9231
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by romuald31 View Post
Hello from France,

like always I read this thread, I think you finally don't want growing...

You have the luck there's so many racers in GT8 class so, you can deal with a Spec or an Open class.

No problem for the open class: free, free, free... (Ok, light rules!!)

For the Spec class, I think you have integrate the fact, the economy is not so good!!!
I think you have to ban what is making this category too expensive for a "standart modelist", not a racer!!

Choose a hard compound tyre that last around 4 hours, the same for everybody.
Choose a panel of realistic bodies.
When you ask a kid, which brand is his RC Car, he answered a Subaru, a Porsche and not a Serpent or a Ofna...
You (and I) have to push the public to come into RC world.
Nice recognisable bodies, low budget racing (hard tyres last longer, don't destroy transmissions...), same chance to win...

Au revoir.
I agree.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:55 AM   #9232
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylunatic View Post
Heads up, you may beg and wish all you want be it's not happening for 2014 either.
I received an email a few days prior to posting IGT8F rules from supporters that are a very much a big part ROAR. It included a copy of the actual submitted rules for GT8, even rules for a Modified Class of GT8 with all the exact details to definition of each rule. I was even excited! But at the annual meeting once again, GT was not even mentioned. I then got the GREEN light to my creation, and a "Thank you for stepping up and finally moving us forward".

Take it as you want, but your never answered my questions.
You make it sound like I am sitting here at home like Mr. Evil rubbing my hands telling all I know to be sure in not have any dealings with IFT8F, again preposterous.
I have given many opinions of how possibly to make some things you mentioned be a better fit for GT but you focus on what you don't like and accuse me of trying to destroy what you have created. Nonsense

Yes I would prefer Roar went ahead and did something just because EVERYONE I know even you admitted as of your last post thinks it would solve a lot of issues. I don't agree with some of what Roar has in mind also as do plenty others, but they are the recognized sanctioning body for R/C here in the God Blessed USA as of today. I think your SPEC rules(ONLY) fall very far from the mark as do many others; the problem is the word SPEC. As stated earlier you are pushing Nationally. I am not concerned with any other of your classes just Spec.

Tony, What Exactly are these questions you have for me directly? I will be more than happy to answer anything you ask pertaining to GT8 I did not even know I missed anything you asked pertaining to GT8. Please don't give me a page answer that needs deciphering. If you are clear I will be too

Roar gave you the Green light to take over GT in the USA? Sounds like a cartoon from years ago called Pinky and the Brain.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:39 AM   #9233
Tech Master

Quote:
You make it sound like I am sitting here at home like Mr. Evil rubbing my hands telling all I know to be sure in not have any dealings with IFT8F, again preposterous.
I have given many opinions of how possibly to make some things you mentioned be a better fit for GT but you focus on what you don't like and accuse me of trying to destroy what you have created. Nonsense

Yes I would prefer Roar went ahead and did something just because EVERYONE I know even you admitted as of your last post thinks it would solve a lot of issues. I don't agree with some of what Roar has in mind also as do plenty others, but they are the recognized sanctioning body for R/C here in the God Blessed USA as of today. I think your SPEC rules(ONLY) fall very far from the mark as do many others; the problem is the word SPEC. As stated earlier you are pushing Nationally. I am not concerned with any other of your classes just Spec.

Tony, What Exactly are these questions you have for me directly? I will be more than happy to answer anything you ask pertaining to GT8 I did not even know I missed anything you asked pertaining to GT8. Please don't give me a page answer that needs deciphering. If you are clear I will be too

Roar gave you the Green light to take over GT in the USA? Sounds like a cartoon from years ago called Pinky and the Brain.
Maybe I need to check my translator settings, is the rest of the world getting this in ENGLISH my native language. OK checked looks right....

To be as CRYSTAL CLEAR as humanly possible. Yes it feels and appears, you and every other person that continues to demise IGT8F. Is just sitting there focusing all your time and energy on a very small nonexistent part of the BIG PICTURE. I say nonexistent because there has not been one race yet. Btw the class is titled and called IGT8F - SPEC, not just "SPEC". Every class has the IGT8F FIRST.

To your last comment, I never said ROAR, gave me anything
I said my supporters that are a major part of ROAR.

So here are my questions to YOU and anyone else that fits the bill, that would appreciate direct simple answers.

If you are a current GT racer that has been racing in our only class to date, why do even care about IGT8F - SPEC? (you just keep running OPEN)

Really all you want is a name change? Here's my name change.. IGT8F - SPECtacular.

What are you really afraid will happen? If it doesn't work it was tried and failed, that's on me. But if it's a success?

Do you not want more GT8 races through out the world?

Do you not want one set of rules most can follow and understand?

Do not want events with Sponsors like in real motor sports? (Redbull, Monster, Coca-Cola, Kool-aid, Kelloggs, McDonald's etc.) last few for the kids can't forget about them.

Do you not want a Pro Class, where the best show us how it's done and win actual Cash Payouts and the Big Event.?

Do not want your current track and it's races promoted to improve entries by exposure?

Do you not want you local hobby shop and it's owners to be successful and carry everything you want?

Do you not want to see manufacturers like XRay, Hot bodies, Team Associated, Losi, Agama etc. Build new GT cars invest and spend a fraction of what they spend on Off road now into On Road?

You keep reminding me, comparing GT8 to buggy off road and what off road has achieved and why because of their formula Sportsman + Open.

But here's the TRUTH On Road is NOT Off road. Off road has a ton of classes compared to our 3 in Nitro On Road.
There's more then one road to success, and we won't know if that road is right till you walk it.

Simple.. you currently have 2 GT8 classes to choose from with anyone running the IGT8F program. Working on Electric GT8 and if you guys decide the Sportsman.

So a total of possible 4 classes , that your track can decide which they want to run.
Following a unified set of rules, so one can travel and know exactly what to expect.

It's not Rocket science.. personally I will say it again, I JUST WANT TO RACE!!

Building IGT8F is making that a reality or at least for the ones that support it.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:53 AM   #9234
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Tony and to all IGT8F ambassadors, please understand you're branding your interest in a general GT forum/thread. Viewed by many people around the world.

Maybe it's time to create an IGT8F dedicated thread. This thread is getting derailed fast with all this back and forth about alternate GT classes and what not.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:17 AM   #9235
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

WOW!! Still going on and on every now an a again I check to see if you guys came together and just raced but end up shaking my head, I'm so glad I didn't waste funds again on this class which could be such a great one when will the maddnest stop again wow.
kmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:21 AM   #9236
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by san. View Post
Tony and to all IGT8F ambassadors, please understand you're branding your interest in a general GT forum/thread. Viewed by many people around the world.

Maybe it's time to create an IGT8F dedicated thread. This thread is getting derailed fast with all this back and forth about alternate GT classes and what not.
Your absolutely correct, I will no longer post about IGT8F in this thread. If anyone post pertaining to IGT8F please direct them to our website
WWW.IGT8F.COM

Or dedicated thread.

Thanks
Tony Luna
Old 09-24-2013, 07:37 AM   #9237
C@T
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by san. View Post

Top reply !

As I understoud it reading this thread for quite some time it was about racers converting their offroad buggies into onroad cars to find a cheap way to go onroad.

With companies entering that market with dedicated onroad conversions you would name it "buggy based".

But they are still have a the buggy genes not making them realy usefull for onroad racing without mayor modifications.

From my point of view that is where the problem starts:

- There is not the slidest portion of GT in those designs.
- They are not to any scale not 1/7 neither 1/8
- They might be 1/7,5 looking at the 360 mm wheelbase but all other dimensions are way off.
- Good point is that at least the 360 mm wheelbase bodies do look halveway realistic.

It is a fun class, no more no less.

Transforming that into a regulated one will take a lot of time and hard work,
not forgetting that you are dead meet before you start
if you not take care of the drivers already existing.
C@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:00 AM   #9238
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
ROAR Please just do it

Yup, MR POND get yer finger outta yer fundamental and press the button and make our world wide sanctioning body (ROAR) put this misery to sleep.

All the other class' ROAR has established are stable and pretty much self regulating.

PLEASE HELP GT8 GROW UP and move on from this miserable bitch fest. You set the rules and we'll follow.................PLEASE.

Jacko
Victor Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #9239
jpn
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

HIROBO EAGLE3 SWM Y.S.91 SR - HIROBO Freya EX2 Y.S.91 SR - HIROBO Turbulence D3 90 O.S.91HZ - HIROBO LEPTON - ALIGN Trex 600N PRO Novarossi C50-H2 - COPTER X V2 - Futaba 12MZH
jpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:45 AM   #9240
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
I can understand the feelings behind some of these comments and I feel they all stem from the truth .... no one here is wrong in what they say.
Yes you can win with a $150 engine .....
You should be allowed to race what engine you like ....
etc ... etc

But think of this ..... racing is a comparative sport. Have you ever been to a Snail Derby? .... (Snail Racing) People get very excited about it. Sprints are over an inch long race .... medium full race is 3 inches and endurance are 6 inches and above.
Hardly electrifyingly fast racing which ever you choose......!!
My point is you need to race against like-wize cars
(No good placing you Snail against a centapede is it now ..... very unfair!

But also its not fair if you have a different species racing against you. Just as racing Indy car against Formula 1. Same open wheel racing car but different species.
So we can all run our GT cars, but we need to have restrictions within the rules to ensure we do not have different species racing against each other.
That way, you can race your fully modded .28 at minimum weight against likewize cars while my son can race his single speed, $150 .21 offroad engined buggy with his GT shell on and slick tires against similar "Spec" ... or stock cars. Yes he may still get very similar times to the Mod engines cars out there ..... well some of them piloted by clowns like me haha.....
But he's racing against his own class of cars ..... his own species.

Remember also. ...... no matter how much work I do to my car or how much money I put into modding my engine.... I wont be in the A main with Mr. Morganti and the likes..... but it may beat the others around my skill level if I am allowed to run my highly modded car/engine against other more "stock like" cars........ Is that really fair? Isn't that like bringing a club to a UFC fight?
Its still fighting.......

What do you think?
Lol .... somewhere in this dribble is my point. Thank you for reading.

British Menace
I've been in a qualifier with Paolo in Chicago this year and I'm no where near his level and still consider myself a rookie. I wasn't sweating it at all and, in fact, found it to be more exciting to be on the same playing field at the same time. Of course the groups were resorted so that experience was short lived but fun none the less. There were other guys in that qualifier which were more of my level and that's who I raced against...those guys and my own personal best. I race with a lot of guys were are faster than I am (both better drivers as well as faster motors) and truth be told it pushes me to get better with what I've chosen to run. Some of the guys that help me out can take my car and run much faster laps than I can so it really is more on the driving skills. Me buying a $600 motor is not going to help me get faster I still have to turn the laps.

Racers are constantly looking for ways to get better and go faster which includes but should not be limited to better equipment, better set up or more practice. There is so much focus on what equipment should or should not be used. But no one ever says, 'Hey your better at setting up your car so you shouldn't be allowed to race in the same class as....' or 'Hey you have more time to practice so you shouldn't be in the class....' . Both of those areas have just as much to do with your results, if not more, than how much you spend on motor and/or tires.

At the end of the day it's all about racing, having fun and trying to beat your personal best and your racing buddies. And if your $150 motor beats a $600 that just ups the bragging right!

Daniel
Dortiz68 is offline   Reply With Quote