R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-18-2013, 04:10 PM   #9016
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pressure View Post
Speedy I think Im misunderstood on a few points. The Spec class I believe should be run in addition to OPEN at GT ONLY events when you have substantial turnout. Meaning it would be a second class. A specific model motor would make it a true SPEC class. This would have to be supported by hosting TRACK which gets its support from the CLUB racers which would choose the motor that they run. I think that that's a true SPEC class. And what I meant by incentive is financial support by distributors or retailers to the track not a CASH RACE...I have run in a cash race and I wanted to win more than I needed the money...but I enjoyed my check... fortunately..lol . For instance IF The local GT club I belong to wanted to decided to run a spec class and members wanted to buy say 25 motors ..I would hope the local hobby store or manufacturer would be kind enough to extend a financial courtesy. Im not talking about CASH race just appreciation in the form of a discount in pricing for "BULK BUSINESS" in turn a LHS would stock these motors and have the available for hosted events. Though rctech or any social rc media we could post the motor running at that event for the spec class.
Im positive that the same racers that do well in open will do well in spec but cost , level field are maintained. Sportsmen could run in this class and not be intimidated and it would be all about driving skill. 2 cents
Obvious that what I read in your original post is not what your goal is.

GL to what ever you have planned, I think you see my point as well and that's what the disagreement was.

No Biggie
ABSOLUTE HOBBYZ / Engines Modded by The Nitro Shop
*1speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #9017
Tech Fanatic

Last edited by *1speedy; 09-18-2013 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Duplicate
Old 09-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #9018
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's all good speedy this is all speculation in my case I believe we all want to further the class and I feel that division does weaken the class but also there is a happy medium. I hope that the Pan American race 2014 is a testament to the quality of the class with over 40 entrants if we had 80 participants in 2014 it would be a wake up call to ROAR. I really had a ball last year with Marcus, Tony ,Ironman Chad and the rest of the crew. The Byron's race only reinforced the validity of the class and the quality of the racers. Open makes it grow spec keeps it alive.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #9019
Tech Fanatic

So if that's the case why not have 80 GT8 entries at the Winter Nationals, that would be easily the biggest thing GT8 has ever done and put us on the MAP
Old 09-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #9020
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

no worries Speedy!! but what has been tried over the past has not worked simple as that so its time to try something else.

Pro class is a money race only for those that achieve their pro card by qualifying in the A main at specific events spreadout in 2014 (no bump), the actual money race for now will only take place at the finals. You do not have to race pro at the event but you can only run one class at the finals. First place is 1000.00 plus contingencies! 90% of racers that we talk to think this is a great idea! Those that race for fun can simply just run SPEC or open same as always. nothing changes, same rules. What IGT8F is doing is turning GT8 into a legitimate sport that has professionals that will race amongst themselves.

ROAR is insurance first and sanctioning body second. a standard commercial insurance policy covers the same as ROAR in most cases. IGT8F has nothing to do with ROAR and both are on different paths. Even if ROAR comes up with rules it changes nothing, I have been racing for 7 years and have only been to maybe 5 ROAR sanctioned events and this is common with most. At least for me its just not worth the pain involved with going through all of that stuff to race one of their events it really is a pain in the butt, Safe yes but still a pain!!

Let me try and explain the splitting of the classes in my POV. You only split if you are taking away from what is already there. It is not a split when you are adding racers to GT8. I know you guys are getting tired of me saying it but SPEC is not for everyone. If you race GT8 right now you are running open, if you like open then simply stay where you are. If You think that SPEC may be better for you then by all means build up a SPEC car and race. If you are a very competitive open guy an d feel that PRO ranks are for you then we will see you at the end of the year racing for money!! This is not a split as much as it is just a simple divide. On the flip side though every new racer that joins up will more than likely start off in the spec class and not worry about the other two. A new spec guy that gets to corner for the open class or pro class can watch and learn what it takes to get to that level instead of getting yelled at and track bullied around the track. Its also like a re-sort and one of the reasons we get faster on every qualifier because of less lap traffic and everyone on the same pace. Another way to look at it is A main=pro, B/C main=open C/D= spec. it really is that simple!

You ever wonder why REDBull, Monster, Budweiser, COORS or any other major company has relatively nothing to do with RC or major sponsorship's but they will sponsor lawnmower nationals in kentucky!! Think about it!!
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:14 PM   #9021
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by *1speedy View Post
So if that's the case why not have 80 GT8 entries at the Winter Nationals, that would be easily the biggest thing GT8 has ever done and put us on the MAP

IMO opinion because out of the 80 GT8 racers maybe 20 are serious enough to travel and spend that much time at one of those dreadfull events ( and by dreadfull i mean its days and days of nitro gas, ears ringing etc etc). Anyone that races at an event like that and can take a week of from work are getting paid one way or another from RC, your average grassroots racer is not going to make an event like that.

So out of curiosity SPEEDy what class would you put yourself in?
Old 09-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #9022
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
IMO opinion because out of the 80 GT8 racers maybe 20 are serious enough to travel and spend that much time at one of those dreadfull events ( and by dreadfull i mean its days and days of nitro gas, ears ringing etc etc). Anyone that races at an event like that and can take a week of from work are getting paid one way or another from RC, your average grassroots racer is not going to make an event like that.

So out of curiosity SPEEDy what class would you put yourself in?
When I go to an event its generally for 1 to 2 days Maximum I don't see the need personally for going longer. Even the Winter Nationals would be 1 to 2 days max for me.

Example.. the last 3 bigger events here were the Roar NY State Championship race at Port Jervis NY 3 day event we showed up on Sunday raced and left(1 day). The Novarossi Challenge at Blue Diamond was also a 2 day event we did the same thing showed up Sunday raced and went home.

The Ohio GLC we showed up Saturday, only because they had no qualifiers on Sunday, we qualified Saturday raced Sunday and went home.

The Winter Nats imo is what we GT8 racers should be going to. I personally enjoy the Events with the other classes and also Love the smell of Nitro in the morning......... If 80 can travel to a race you are talking about why not show up at the Winter Nats for a day or 2? Just how I see it.

If you look at the Winter Nats thread GT8 has been invited to Join where in the past we have not, why not take advantage of it? Just a thought

As to what class I put myself in? GT8 that's all I race... Except an occasional 1/4 mile race at Englishtown Raceway I sold my Garage 9 years ago SCCA days are over but I still have 2 Built engines waiting for a shell

Last edited by *1speedy; 09-18-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #9023
Tech Champion

Quote:
When I go to an event its generally for 1 to 2 days Maximum I don't see the need personally for going longer. Even the Winter Nationals would be 1 to 2 days max for me.

Example.. the last 3 bigger events here were the Roar NY State Championship race at Port Jervis NY 3 day event we showed up on Sunday raced and left(1 day). The Novarossi Challenge at Blue Diamond was also a 2 day event we did the same thing showed up Sunday raced and went home.

The Ohio GLC we showed up Saturday, only because they had no qualifiers on Sunday, we qualified Saturday raced Sunday and went home.

The Winter Nats imo is what we GT8 racers should be going to. I personally enjoy the Events with the other classes and also Love the smell of Nitro in the morning......... If 80 can travel to a race you are talking about why not show up at the Winter Nats for a day or 2? Just how I see it.

If you look at the Winter Nats thread GT8 has been invited to Join where in the past we have not, why not take advantage of it? Just a thought

As to what class I put myself in? GT8 that's all I race... Except an occasional 1/4 mile race at Englishtown Raceway I sold my Garage 9 years ago SCCA days are over but I still have 2 Built engines waiting for a shell

I dont disagree with you but the winter nats is a 4 day event isnt it? I could be wrong but if you add another class with 80 entries on top of the other classes i dont see that happening in 2 days, thats 7 heats 4 qualifiers and 6 mains!!

By class I mean SPEC, open or PRO?

Oh and to answer your question about the winter nats invite. To spend all that money and time for a ROAR exhibition is pointless to me. Now if i ran other nitro classes it could make sense except traveling with multiple cars is a royal pain!! IGT8F is mainly GT8 only events, 80 entries can be run in two days easily and with no stress which leaves more time for hanging around and BS'ing!! Were you in homestead this year?

Off topic but this is my last drag car and i have been to Englishtown many times back in tha day!! awesome place! this car went 8.90's@ 166MPH, twin turbocharged methanol 1.3l rotary!
Attached Thumbnails
GT class--buggy-based on road!-1010408_10201738785939445_34776349_n.jpg  

Last edited by MantisWorx; 09-18-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #9024
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I dont disagree with you but the winter nats is a 4 day event isnt it? I could be wrong but if you add another class with 80 entries on top of the other classes i dont see that happening in 2 days, thats 7 heats 4 qualifiers and 6 mains!!

By class I mean SPEC, open or PRO?
The Winter Nationals is run very well so I am sure they have a cap on entries so all the Mains can be run as advertised or better.

Just because its a 4 day race doesn't mean I have to be there all 4 days as my examples pointed out in my last post, 2 days Max for me.

As to what class, I don't plan on participating. I have already posted what I agree with. My race schedule and races I attend all have 1 thing in common.

Big Smile
Old 09-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #9025
Tech Champion

Quote:
The Winter Nationals is run very well so I am sure they have a cap on entries so all the Mains can be run as advertised or better.

Just because its a 4 day race doesn't mean I have to be there all 4 days as my examples pointed out in my last post, 2 days Max for me.

As to what class, I don't plan on participating. I have already posted what I agree with. My race schedule and races I attend all have 1 thing in common.

Big Smile

So your just gonna show up throw the car down and race? no practice no setup changes nothing? I cant race like that especially if i spend that kind of money getting there, the competition would be very high at a race like that. But to each his own.
My question was just for clarification of your skill set only, are you a mid level guy or upper teir? Its already obvious that this layout is not for you and there is nothing wrong with that but if you are good enough to race with the best, the money race at the end of the year will bring everyone out like it or not! The chance of bringing home 1100+ for a win and TQ plus all of the coverage is going to bring some heavy hitters out of the woodwork!! Personally i want to race at the highest level i can against the best regardless of any said rules especially if those rules do not effect me or change anything i am already doing! maybe thats just me though.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:54 PM   #9026
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Well Leon you know me personally, and I think you know me enough to say. I have only good intentions and plans for the Class to put BIG SMILES on many faces.

You and Aja are welcome to join us down South.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #9027
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Oh and to answer your question about the winter nats invite. To spend all that money and time for a ROAR exhibition is pointless to me. Now if i ran other nitro classes it could make sense except traveling with multiple cars is a royal pain!! IGT8F is mainly GT8 only events, 80 entries can be run in two days easily and with no stress which leaves more time for hanging around and BS'ing!! Were you in homestead this year?
Itís Obvious you don't want anything to do with the Winter Nationals and that's fine, I just don't understand the spin of Negativity you put on it. So many RC enthusiasts go every year and have a great time why wouldn't GT8 have the same enjoyment. I hope others see it different and go

You asked a Question was I at homestead this year? You were there did you see me? I was racing GT at Homestead in 2010 were you there? Not sure why the question was asked. Been a major GT enthusiast since the 1st BMW Inferno GT came out. If you want a pissing contest please wait for about 25 days for the king of GT to come off ban I am not interested.

GL in your endeavors
Old 09-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #9028
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylunatic View Post
Well Leon you know me personally, and I think you know me enough to say. I have only good intentions and plans for the Class to put BIG SMILES on many faces.

You and Aja are welcome to join us down South.
Thanks
Old 09-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #9029
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
So your just gonna show up throw the car down and race? Its already obvious that this layout is not for you and there is nothing wrong with that
Yup we show up to run 2 to 3 qualifiers and race.

Obvious we are nobody’s I’m ok with that.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #9030
Tech Champion

Quote:
It’s Obvious you don't want anything to do with the Winter Nationals and that's fine, I just don't understand the spin of Negativity you put on it. So many RC enthusiasts go every year and have a great time why wouldn't GT8 have the same enjoyment. I hope others see it different and go

You asked a Question was I at homestead this year? You were there did you see me? I was racing GT at Homestead in 2010 were you there? Not sure why the question was asked. Been a major GT enthusiast since the 1st BMW Inferno GT came out. If you want a pissing contest please wait for about 25 days for the king of GT to come off ban I am not interested.

GL in your endeavors
Calm down Bro i wasnt being negative at all, I have nothing against the winter nationals except the for the same reason that you stated! I only asked about homestead because i wanted to know if i met you or not???? why are you so sensitive about it? WOW i only though we were having a fair argument about the the subject, nothing personal was said to or about you I apologize if i offended you as that was not my intent, i was merely just matching your points with my points nothing more nothing less!