Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1966ss
Anybody ever try the RB speed .21? On road motor amain has on sale for $175!!! 7 port turbo. My 35plus21 gave out so I'm in the market but on a budget!!!

Tony I still have that p5xlt it's fast too!!!! Lol

Wow ...... $175 Thats a really good price for that engine. RB engines are good engines. I have found them to be very reliable. Although I have never ran this particular one so can't really comment on it specifically.... I think its worth a try!

Go for it!

BM
Old 08-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

i am currently running the speed 12 in my nt-1 and is a superb engine line for the budjet guys
Old 08-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1966ss
Anybody ever try the RB speed .21? On road motor amain has on sale for $175!!! 7 port turbo. My 35plus21 gave out so I'm in the market but on a budget!!!

Tony I still have that p5xlt it's fast too!!!! Lol
Nice! Ya that is one of Maxys last hand modified P5s, very good and fast motor. Glad you happy.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, while our friend Jeff is watching the future in front of him saying that GT Class will die ...

I come with a small step of news on GT Class ... as some of you may know, im factory driver for AGAMA Racing (Offroad Buggy and Truggy).

Well, in Chile (my country) me and Marcelo Echeverria (owner of EG Hobbies and Agama distributor in Chile) have been working on a GT Car based on the Agama A8 EVO Buggy.

After some work and failed testing, i think we nailed with it ... this is a small video of couple testings during this weekend at our local track. We have a race in 2 weeks so if everything goes well, we will put this little beast to race. So far and with very basic setup this chassis is puting some interesting laptimes (as our rules in Chile are based on Pacific Cup championship with actual USD$ 280 rule, we tested an offroad .21 engine and an offroad .25 engine during this small video) ... so, enjoy :

http://youtu.be/c9MaZ4UrAKw

Hope you like it ... our hopes are that after some results, factory can get interested in produce this kit (they already know about our work, but they are not convinced yet about the class) ...

cya !

Of course any criticism is more than welcome ...
Old 08-18-2013, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Well, while our friend Jeff is watching the future in front of him saying that GT Class will die ......
Pato,

Hope you’re doing well in Chile.

Please don’t try to take my statements questioning GT on-road racing’s direction in “The United States of America” and try to use them as part of an international GT racing conversation or as a devious opportunity to spread misleading statements and equally offensive personal attacks on behalf of yourself & your manufacturer/sponsors financial gains.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With that said pato, good luck with the your Agama GT chassis, looks nice in the video. Who is your exclusive USA source for it?
Old 08-18-2013, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Pato,

Hope you’re doing well in Chile.

Please don’t try to take my statements questioning GT on-road racing’s direction in “The United States of America” and try to use them as part of an international GT racing conversation or as a devious opportunity to spread misleading statements and equally offensive personal attacks on behalf of yourself & your manufacturer/sponsors financial gains.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With that said pato, good luck with the your Agama GT chassis, looks nice in the video. Who is your exclusive USA source for it?

LOL Jeff you dont change ... always fighting and mentioning bussiness topics lol !!! ... man i dont make a single $ 1 over RC !! ...

Anyway, i know you and know you are like that ...

About Agama, HobbyProUSA is the distributor for Agama Racing in USA (Andrew Smolnick) ... is received this video just at same time i posted here so for sure if the idea kicks in the factory, you will get it through Andrew ...

cya !
Old 08-18-2013, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

LOL Jeff you dont change ... always fighting and mentioning bussiness topics lol !!! ... man i dont make a single $ 1 over RC !! ...

cya !
Pato,

As always, you’re the comedian when I call out in front of everyone for your hypocrisy. I see you never change either.

Good luck with your sponsor’s new chassis and all the rest of the other products you represent.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

Well, while our friend Jeff is watching the future in front of him saying that GT Class will die ...

I come with a small step of news on GT Class ... as some of you may know, im factory driver for AGAMA Racing (Offroad Buggy and Truggy).

Well, in Chile (my country) me and Marcelo Echeverria (owner of EG Hobbies and Agama distributor in Chile) have been working on a GT Car based on the Agama A8 EVO Buggy.

After some work and failed testing, i think we nailed with it ... this is a small video of couple testings during this weekend at our local track. We have a race in 2 weeks so if everything goes well, we will put this little beast to race. So far and with very basic setup this chassis is puting some interesting laptimes (as our rules in Chile are based on Pacific Cup championship with actual USD$ 280 rule, we tested an offroad .21 engine and an offroad .25 engine during this small video) ... so, enjoy :

Hope you like it ... our hopes are that after some results, factory can get interested in produce this kit (they already know about our work, but they are not convinced yet about the class) ...

cya !

Nice work!!! Seeing this is exciting, always fun to have a new chassis in the mix Best of luck with your prototype and going forward into production.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

cya !

Hey Pato .....

Thats great work. Good luck with the manufacturers in getting that into production.

All the best..

BM
Old 08-20-2013, 02:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

cya !

Nice job! and congrats on not engaging with the GT PoPo
According to all of my sources GT is growing and growing fast for MOST GT based business operations.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Beware more OFNA cars on the way.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Keep moving ahead with this Pato. Glad you are helping the GT class grow.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spooky 1
Keep moving ahead with this Pato. Glad you are helping the GT class grow.
Yeah, cause Spooky will be looking for a new car next year
Old 08-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up

cya !
Great job, keep up the good work it will pay off.

Here is a picture of my 2013 Xray XB9 conversion it has been a labor of love.

I also had the ups and downs while converting the Xray Buggys but believe that we have a Very solid GT now after 2 years of R&D and can run with anyone

Innovative & positive people like you will help the GT class grow KEEP IT UP

Old 08-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

The word “positive” can be interpreted differently depending on who uses it and why.

GT racing became popular because it had “the economical level playing field class” and “the spend what your heart desired unlevel playing field class”.

Both GT classes had merit, both helped support each other and both attracted different type of people to help grow GT racing together.

In America for some crazy reason, nobody is allowed to mention “the economical level playing field class” anymore.

Those that dare to speak of it now are attacked, ridiculed and chastised with almost insane hatred for just having the audacity to even mention it.

So yes, the word “positive” has very different meanings depending on who uses it and why.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.