R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #8716
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
You can count me in!!!

I have just bought my first gt car .... nigro. So looking foreward to running it. Having the Midwest series take it up would give a refreshing new class to the series..... not to say most likely many new entries to the races swell as esta pushed drivers.

BM
Check the post date on the post you quoted the Midwest series has run GT for 4 or 5 years.
__________________
Empire Racing - RC Target - Capricorn - K.O. Propo Electronics - IGT8 2017
Time for us all to grow up and sign our real names on posts.
Rick Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #8717
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,334
Default

Haha .... yes. I just this minute seen that too. So funny!
Sometimes I can be so blond!!
I couldn't stop laughing. Now I know I'm getting old.

BM
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #8718
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,513
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
Haha .... yes. I just this minute seen that too. So funny!
Sometimes I can be so blond!!
I couldn't stop laughing. Now I know I'm getting old.

BM
It's all good, lol, with all of the "new GT" threads all over the forum it's easy to forget Nitro GT racing has been around for several years.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkelley View Post
I'd really like to run it, I nearly bought one this year but had no where to race. Better luck next year maybe. I also hear that RC pro series is also interested in it, and they're kicking off a race in Florida this year:

Our friends from Joliet started it all way back in 2006.
Thanks "Bubba Cola" & Crew!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #8719
Tech Elite
 
T-Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: La Center
Posts: 2,665
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Open Motor, Open Tire

Debate
__________________
-Ryan Newbury-

TomAHawk Racing - On-Time Services - XRay Racing - Sweep Racing - RoseCityScaleRacing.com -
T-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #8720
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Portlandia
Posts: 3,341
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Hawk View Post
Debate
The reason I got out of 1/8th off road was because of the tire game. It was just too expensive to compete.
The spec tire was one of the main factors in deciding to get back into nitro again with a GT car.
The tires last a long time and if the tire rule was changed to open, then it would again be an expensive tire game which would probably scare people away, myself included.

The change to open engines scares me, but we will see how it goes.......
__________________
Time Zone Raceways www.Timezonehobbies.com
www.ColinBranch.com
C Branch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #8721
Tech Elite
 
T-Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: La Center
Posts: 2,665
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Branch View Post
The reason I got out of 1/8th off road was because of the tire game. It was just too expensive to compete.
The spec tire was one of the main factors in deciding to get back into nitro again with a GT car.
The tires last a long time and if the tire rule was changed to open, then it would again be an expensive tire game which would probably scare people away, myself included.

The change to open engines scares me, but we will see how it goes.......
Offroad takes it to a whole new level Open motor isnt as scary as it seems, most people will be running a $350 motor. The only time this becomes an issue is when somebody comes with an arsenal of motors for all types of track conditions.
__________________
-Ryan Newbury-

TomAHawk Racing - On-Time Services - XRay Racing - Sweep Racing - RoseCityScaleRacing.com -
T-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #8722
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Portlandia
Posts: 3,341
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Hawk View Post
Offroad takes it to a whole new level Open motor isnt as scary as it seems, most people will be running a $350 motor. The only time this becomes an issue is when somebody comes with an arsenal of motors for all types of track conditions.
This is true, but sadly, it will happen at some point lol.
The open motor rule probably won't scare me away, but having an open tire rule probably would.
__________________
Time Zone Raceways www.Timezonehobbies.com
www.ColinBranch.com
C Branch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #8723
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Hawk View Post
Debate
There doesn’t need to be any debate.

I would suggest you go back to page #1 on this thread and learn what GT racing is supposed to be all about.

Learn how the class it started and why.

Learn how the class started with only a few guys racing, how it grew to the biggest & highest attendance level GT race ever!

Learn what happened after that race and see how racer attendance has gone down hill ever since the 2010 GTWC event.

Before any of the “young guns” of GT try to attack me for what I say here with the typical “that was then, this is now” or “deal with it”…… just ask yourselves, has the GT racing class really grown?

Why can’t any GT race or organizer even get close to the 100 pre-paid registrations we had for the 1st Ipanema GTWC?


So, save the personal attacks, just answer the two questions above.
Have fun!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #8724
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Branch View Post
This is true, but sadly, it will happen at some point lol.
The open motor rule probably won't scare me away, but having an open tire rule probably would.

Another thing.........

Why is it that the only groups of guys pushing for a "Spec" on the tires in GT racing are you sweep guys?

Last time I checked, sweep didn't do squat to start this class on page #1 of this thread, NOTHING!!

Sorry fellas, but it takes pretty big ballz to come into the class your "fav" tire brand did not start and start talking that crap.

The Ipanema GT Worlds has been the biggest GT race on earth and we let racers use what ever slick they want, Who the "F" are sweep tire guys to alienate any company?





So, answer the question, how come none of you "young guns" can get larger turnouts at your events that the 2010 Ipanema GT World Championships in Homestead did?
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #8725
Tech Elite
 
T-Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: La Center
Posts: 2,665
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Sure am glad I dont run Optional Kyosho V slicks, I might cause an uproar with some guys
__________________
-Ryan Newbury-

TomAHawk Racing - On-Time Services - XRay Racing - Sweep Racing - RoseCityScaleRacing.com -
T-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:43 PM   #8726
Tech Master
 
tonylunatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Seabrook, TX
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
There doesn’t need to be any debate.

I would suggest you go back to page #1 on this thread and learn what GT racing is supposed to be all about.

Learn how the class it started and why.

Learn how the class started with only a few guys racing, how it grew to the biggest & highest attendance level GT race ever!

Learn what happened after that race and see how racer attendance has gone down hill ever since the 2010 GTWC event.

Before any of the “young guns” of GT try to attack me for what I say here with the typical “that was then, this is now” or “deal with it”…… just ask yourselves, has the GT racing class really grown?

Why can’t any GT race or organizer even get close to the 100 pre-paid registrations we had for the 1st Ipanema GTWC?


So, save the personal attacks, just answer the two questions above.
Have fun!

Wow really, You answer these questions.

1. And most Important! How much drama and bull shit do you cause with your rants and raves, that has pushed people out of GT but out of Rc all together? Your like a cancer with no cure, and mental issues.

2. How many manufacturers made GT cars back then to Now?

3. How many NEW products and innovations have been developed since then?

You always end your post with HAVE FUN Well sir we that actually go to races around this country, support local racing and actually help beginners into the class with advice and true support, HAVE A TON OF FUN! Unlike yourself!

Still waiting to try your Gt325 body would be a great addition to a much needed item for the class, emailed you several times with no response, but yet you continue to do,.. well what you do best...

Have Fun O wait I guess this is your kind Fun
__________________
Serpent/Desoto Racing USA~Murnan Modified Motors~PTRC Racing Fluids~Flo-Control ~IGTHobbies.com
tonylunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #8727
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Hawk View Post
Sure am glad I dont run Optional Kyosho V slicks, I might cause an uproar with some guys
Just answer the question, no stupid wise cracks, answer the question.

Why can’t any GT race or organizer even get close to the 100 pre-paid registrations we had for the 1st Ipanema GTWC in 2010?
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #8728
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylunatic View Post
Wow really, You answer these questions.

1. And most Important! How much drama and bull shit do you cause with your rants and raves, that has pushed people out of GT but out of Rc all together? Your like a cancer with no cure, and mental issues.

2. How many manufacturers made GT cars back then to Now?

3. How many NEW products and innovations have been developed since then?

You always end your post with HAVE FUN Well sir we that actually go to races around this country, support local racing and actually help beginners into the class with advice and true support, HAVE A TON OF FUN! Unlike yourself!

Still waiting to try your Gt325 body would be a great addition to a much needed item for the class, emailed you several times with no response, but yet you continue to do,.. well what you do best...

Have Fun O wait I guess this is your kind Fun
That's a lot of BS flapping from your bunghole.
Don't worry about my new 325GT body, when I feel like finishing it, I will.
Hell, you haven't ever raced with my Warrior body, have you?

Just answer the question, lol

Why can’t any GT race or organizer even get close to the 100 pre-paid registrations we had for the 1st Ipanema GTWC?
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #8729
Tech Elite
 
T-Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: La Center
Posts: 2,665
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
That's a lot of BS flapping from your bunghole.

Just answer the question, lol

Why can’t any GT race or organizer even get close to the 100 pre-paid registrations we had for the 1st Ipanema GTWC?
How many were from P.R.?
__________________
-Ryan Newbury-

TomAHawk Racing - On-Time Services - XRay Racing - Sweep Racing - RoseCityScaleRacing.com -
T-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #8730
Tech Master
 
tonylunatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Seabrook, TX
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Just answer the question, no stupid wise cracks, answer the question.

Why can’t any GT race or organizer even get close to the 100 pre-paid registrations we had for the 1st Ipanema GTWC in 2010?
Because it's 2013 not 2010!! Still living in the past things change people come and go it called EVOLUTION! You had the Golden years awesome move on! All this tire BS is that plain BS, that's why it is an Open class, run whatever you Want!
__________________
Serpent/Desoto Racing USA~Murnan Modified Motors~PTRC Racing Fluids~Flo-Control ~IGTHobbies.com
tonylunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT class--buggy-based on road! duneland Nitro Off-Road 5 03-20-2012 12:03 PM
JRX-S based 4wd buggy?? Why was the idea scrapped? cpatel529 Electric Off-Road 33 12-08-2007 07:19 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-26-2006 12:40 PM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 13 09-30-2006 11:31 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 8 03-21-2006 02:05 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:45 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net