R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2008, 06:59 AM   #856
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,514
Default

Yes, it was me (ouch!) Actually it's an OFNA, not sure which body it was (second on the left above).
Cheers

Last edited by MikaR; 07-21-2008 at 07:25 AM.
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:02 AM   #857
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,381
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I finally got a chance to try out those Ipanema tires at the Memphis Beat the Heat race this past weekend. Those tires are the shiznit!!! I went from the middle of the pack qualifying to grabbing the TQ on the final qualifier by a full lap on the rest of the field!!! My car was glued to the track like it was on rails. The grip helped out my cornering on the tight turn of the track layout. I thought the OFNA slicks were the bomb but are miles below the Ipanema slicks!!!
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:03 AM   #858
Tech Adept
 
titanismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by act2007 View Post
Mika, was that you hitting another Ferarri? Your car must be flying that you forgot to use your brakes. It looks really fun though!

Jeff, what a difference since I changed all to Boca bearings from my clutch
to my motor. It's definitly worth upgrading everything to ceramic ball bearings.
My rpm's are higher and my motor temp is lower even with the Sidewinder
30% race by Morgan Fuel. Thanks again Jeff!
Do you have the size or the part numbers for the engine bearings?
titanismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:54 AM   #859
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,514
Default

Btw, suggest to hit the ""watch in high quality"" -link on the youtube video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36d9_M308v0
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:03 PM   #860
Tech Elite
 
gearhead_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly
Posts: 2,467
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to gearhead_22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
I finally got a chance to try out those Ipanema tires at the Memphis Beat the Heat race this past weekend. Those tires are the shiznit!!! I went from the middle of the pack qualifying to grabbing the TQ on the final qualifier by a full lap on the rest of the field!!! My car was glued to the track like it was on rails. The grip helped out my cornering on the tight turn of the track layout. I thought the OFNA slicks were the bomb but are miles below the Ipanema slicks!!!
can you tell me where I can get those Ipanema tires. thanks
__________________
serpent 977WC-novarossi-748TQ
serpent S120 LTR-S411 4X-F110 fs2
serpent America/Ashford Hobby/skyrocket racing
Juwan Hunter http://rccarworld.com/............ serpent.com
Track director at RCCW.
gearhead_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:08 PM   #861
Tech Elite
 
GHETTOTEACHER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 2,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_22 View Post
can you tell me where I can get those Ipanema tires. thanks
You can get them from Brooklyn Hobbies or Winner's Circle.
__________________
Herolin <---Traded my Airtronics for an Ipad and Laptop...
Soon to be GHETTOPRINCIPAL..
GHETTOTEACHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:27 PM   #862
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,381
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_22 View Post
can you tell me where I can get those Ipanema tires. thanks
I bought mine at Mid-South Hobbies in Memphis, TN during my visit to this years Beat the Heat race they hold annually. You can go to the Ipanema Racing website and order them directly, I believe.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:43 AM   #863
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,514
Default

Hi, here's a new video of the race http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpBArhyW5mM
This time with music and driving only.
Hit the link "watch in high quality" when watcing (below the "views"). Hope you'll enjoy. Cheers
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:20 AM   #864
Tech Master
 
Winner's Circle's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 1,136
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
I bought mine at Mid-South Hobbies in Memphis, TN during my visit to this years Beat the Heat race they hold annually. You can go to the Ipanema Racing website and order them directly, I believe.
Ipanema tires are in stock at Winner's Circle for $29. http://winnerscirclerc.com

Lee
__________________
Lee Muse
leemuse3445@comcast.net
Kyosho ST-RR, Kyosho MP9, Murnan Modified Engines
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:12 AM   #865
Tech Elite
 
gearhead_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly
Posts: 2,467
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to gearhead_22
Default

Thanks for the info on the slicks guys
__________________
serpent 977WC-novarossi-748TQ
serpent S120 LTR-S411 4X-F110 fs2
serpent America/Ashford Hobby/skyrocket racing
Juwan Hunter http://rccarworld.com/............ serpent.com
Track director at RCCW.
gearhead_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:16 AM   #866
Tech Initiate
 
Ipanema Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 39
Default

We wish to congratulate our dealers and all the racers that have experienced
the superior performance available from our premium-quality, pre-mounted radial slick tires.



For those that have not had the opportunity to enjoy the traction, durability
and race winning advantage of Ipanema tires, the following locations have inventory waiting for you!

Bruckner Hobbies 3357 East Tremount Ave. Bronx NY 10465 Phone: (718) 863-3434

Leisure Hours Hobbies 2712 Plainfield Road, Joliet, Illinois 60433 Phone: (815) 439-1477

Winner's Circle 1815 Vintage Drive, Snellville, GA 30078 Phone: (866)-648-7672

Mid-South Hobbies 733 North White Station, Memphis, TN. 38122 Phone: (901) 682-9865

Elite Performance 8809-A Gunn Hwy, Odessa, Fl. 33556 Phone: (813)-920-0420

Hobby Town USA South-Point 3120 Pine Lake Road, Lincoln, NE. 68516 Phone: (402) 434-5040

Brooklyn Hobbies 3842 Flatlands Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11234 Phone: (718) 951-2500

Nitro RC Chop Shop 6073 Mt. Moriah Road, Memphis, TN, 38115 Phone: (901) 794-0672

Last edited by Ipanema Racing; 07-22-2008 at 06:26 AM.
Ipanema Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:59 AM   #867
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,381
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

For those that are using the other brand of tires for your IGT car, you will chunk them in the trash or use them just for practice once you try the Ipanema tires. Ipanema tires are the bomb!!! Their grip is amazing!! This past weekend at the Memphis Beat the Heat race, I ran three qualifiers on Saturday on my OFNA slicks and could only run at an 11 lap pace. I bought a set of Ipanemas, put them on my car Sunday for the last-chance qualifier before the mains, and improved to a 13 lap pace and set the TQ (TQ was set at 12 laps on Saturday). I will be getting more for the upcoming events that will include the IGT class.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:01 PM   #868
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
For those that are using the other brand of tires for your IGT car, you will chunk them in the trash or use them just for practice once you try the Ipanema tires. Ipanema tires are the bomb!!! Their grip is amazing!! This past weekend at the Memphis Beat the Heat race, I ran three qualifiers on Saturday on my OFNA slicks and could only run at an 11 lap pace. I bought a set of Ipanemas, put them on my car Sunday for the last-chance qualifier before the mains, and improved to a 13 lap pace and set the TQ (TQ was set at 12 laps on Saturday). I will be getting more for the upcoming events that will include the IGT class.
Wow!

Ya just gotta love them Ipanemas tires
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:46 PM   #869
Tech Adept
 
titanismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaR View Post
Yes, it was me (ouch!) Actually it's an OFNA, not sure which body it was (second on the left above).
Cheers
it's an F40 from Deltaplastik from Italy
http://www.deltaplastik.it/index.php...at2=11&cat3=15
titanismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:44 AM   #870
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,381
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Wow!

Ya just gotta love them Ipanemas tires
I have run many vehicles and tried numerous brands of tires over my 8 yrs of r/c racing. I have never had a tire make that big of a difference prior to trying the Ipanemas. So, I have to tip my hat to the makers of these tires.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT class--buggy-based on road! duneland Nitro Off-Road 5 03-20-2012 11:03 AM
JRX-S based 4wd buggy?? Why was the idea scrapped? cpatel529 Electric Off-Road 33 12-08-2007 06:19 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-26-2006 11:40 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 13 09-30-2006 10:31 AM
WTB: .21 NovaRossi based on-road engine parts Speed_Racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 8 03-21-2006 01:05 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:49 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net